Sponsored

Diode Dynamics Ford Mustang 4th Brake Light! Bright Reverse Light! See Install Video

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
blue1_600x115.gif

Ford Mustang 4th Brake Light

[ame]

If you're looking for a way to make your S550 Mustang stand out, here's a perfect solution! The Diode Dynamics 4th Brake Light Kit converts your factory reverse light to shine both bright white, and red. Not only do you get an upgraded backup light, you can also add a red running and brake light, for a unique, modern look on the road.

Red Running Light: The red light comes on at 50% brightness anytime you have your parking lights or headlights on, to serve as a rear fog lamp. This provides a distinct appearance at night, complementing the factory LED tail lights.

4th Brake Light: When you hit the brakes, the red light powers at full brightness, to serve as a supplementary brake light, for greater visibility and a unique look.

White Reverse Light: Anytime you're in reverse, the red shuts off completely, so your backup light can illuminate in a crisp, white color. There is no change to the factory reverse function, you just get an improved output from the white LED!

With the included wire harness and replacement LED bulb, the kit is completely plug-and-play, and installation should take 15-20 minutes.

This kit has been designed with quality components, custom-tooled OEM-grade connectors, and embedded circuit protection, for high reliability over time. It is manufactured in St. Louis, Missouri by Diode Dynamics Manufacturing.

Ford Mustang S550 4th Brake Light

All products by Diode Dynamics are backed by a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a three-year limited warranty.

Ford Mustang S550 4th Brake Light

Questions? Feel free to ask here, PM, email [email protected] or call us: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thank you!
Nick C.
Diode Dynamics

[ame]
Sponsored

Last edited:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Just ordered this DD 4th Brake Light kit from [MENTION=10893]David@Steeda[/MENTION].

Can't wait for it to arrive and add yet another DD lighting part to my car:D

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Just ordered this DD 4th Brake Light kit from [MENTION=10893]David@Steeda[/MENTION].

Can't wait for it to arrive and add yet another DD lighting part to my car:D
Nice! I see the order bud, going to look great on your ride!

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

Sponsored

CMonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cookie
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Lightning Blue
Hey guys,

I recently installed a vinyl tint kit and the reverse light is a little dimmer than I like. I was looking at the backup lights you had, and was interested in the XP80 kit to get that back. However, in shopping I saw this reverse brake light kit. I think it looks awesome, and gives that extra brake light since they are all tinted now. However, I can't seem to find info on how bright it is, other than it's "improved". Is there a way to get that 520 lumens for the reverse light?

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Hey guys,

I recently installed a vinyl tint kit and the reverse light is a little dimmer than I like. I was looking at the backup lights you had, and was interested in the XP80 kit to get that back. However, in shopping I saw this reverse brake light kit. I think it looks awesome, and gives that extra brake light since they are all tinted now. However, I can't seem to find info on how bright it is, other than it's "improved". Is there a way to get that 520 lumens for the reverse light?
The dual-color bulb used in the 4th Brake light kit is quite bright, but our XP80 single color white reverse light will be brighter overall.

It's a bit of a trade-off to have the red running light + extra brake light with the 4th brake light kit. If you need more output than the 4th brake kit, I'd consider a lighter vinyl tint TBH.

Or you could go all out and add our small SS6 light bar back there lol, here's a shot with the SS12:

strek%2012%20inch%20light%20bar%20driving%20optic%20backup%20output%20owner%20ig%20@rubythesubie.jpg

Thank you for asking!
Nick C.

Sponsored

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
You may have been joking, but the SS6 caught my eye. My windows are tinted, my driveway is a grass yard with trees and the factory reverse lights are not cutting it a 2 am in morning with frost. Can you see mounting one light in rear without it looking out of sorts?

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
You may have been joking, but the SS6 caught my eye. My windows are tinted, my driveway is a grass yard with trees and the factory reverse lights are not cutting it a 2 am in morning with frost. Can you see mounting one light in rear without it looking out of sorts?
We've seen SS6's installed on more platforms than I can remember, but I can honestly say I don't think I've ever seen one on an S550. They're low-profile and fairly light, so it's certainly possible!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Can the harness be modify so that there is not Brake light and just driving light?.. of course, keeping the reverse light!
That's a great question! I'm told by my service team that that's not something we'd recommend attempting.

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics
Sponsored