lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
I think the best option would be a catted downpipe (aftermarket) and a stock catback. Have you heard the MAP downpipe with the stock catback? Sounds pretty quiet but you can hear the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Havent. Know of a link?

Lately ive been severely tempted by the cheapo un catted dp, but i dreadfully fear the smoke. I know mrt makes a "max flow" dp but mrt has such a bad track record so I dunno . Plus its like 499 which is a lot. The cheapos for low 200 on ebay
Sponsored

wmsky33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 6MT Competition Orange
Here's a couple of links where PewterCam opened up the EB muffler and resonator so that you can see how the exhaust flows. The resonator doesn't look horrible even though there's no tubing to give it a smooth flow from inlet to outlet, but the muffler, damn, the exhaust has to come in through a perforated screen to get into the first half of the muffler, travel through another perforated screen to get into the 2nd half of the muffler, make a 180 degree turn to get out, all with no tubing to direct the flow, and then once it finally gets into the outlet tubing, it has to make another 180 degree turn to finally exit the exhaust system. If you want smooth flow, the stock muffler ain't it.

Inside the stock EB exhaust...The Muffler
Inside the stock EB exhaust...The Resonator

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Havent. Know of a link?

Lately ive been severely tempted by the cheapo un catted dp, but i dreadfully fear the smoke. I know mrt makes a "max flow" dp but mrt has such a bad track record so I dunno . Plus its like 499 which is a lot. The cheapos for low 200 on ebay

Look on MAP's page. They have a video.

I would go catted for emissions reasons. I live in CA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsapping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Manual PP
I found this one from Varex. Interesting idea that's been done before, lets you switch from one mode (quiet) to another (aggressive). I actually prefer the quieter sounding option it does the best at masking the "buzzyness" of the Ecoboost's engine but still sounds like an upgrade from stock. There isn't much info on it's performance from what I have looked into.

[ame]

OP
OP

AtlasMK5s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
15 Ecoboost
I'm already running a cp-e catless downpipe which on stock exhaust. The sound difference is extremely minimal but the smoke is there. I also know ppl who have this same issue on catted downpipes. Adams tune fixed some of the smoking and I'm waiting on a catch can for the rest. I love the cp-e downpipe, couldn't ask for a better quality part. When you really look at the stock exhaust it leaves a lot to improve on. I wouldn't expect any performance gains on a stock car with stock downpipe but a 3inch turbo back on top of a tune or big turbo will net some nice results.

Sponsored

EcoSnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard EB PP
The full-race street exhaust with the catted downpipe only makes more volume than stock under throttle. But mostly just deepens the tone during normal driving. It doesn't drown out the turbo sounds at all. Just adds to them especially in the daily driving rpm range. The race exhaust with the aftermarket downpipe was a bit loud for me. Tried both setups.

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Gibson is very quiet and sounds really good even when paired with an O/R DP (but not that quiet then).

I'm using Gibson guts to make my own custom system with quad tips.

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
if someone made a damn cutout already we would be set..... Closed sounds stock, open sounds like a turbo'd monster. Best of both worlds depending on the day. But since no one has made it for now im going custom exhaust from the stock resonator. Going 3'' hooker maxflows.

rgingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T/Auto/50-yr/FRT
if someone made a damn cutout already we would be set..... Closed sounds stock, open sounds like a turbo'd monster. Best of both worlds depending on the day. But since no one has made it for now im going custom exhaust from the stock resonator. Going 3'' hooker maxflows.
Why keep the resonator? It's overly restrictive and build up a lot of heat. When I had it removed and replaced with a Y-pipe (plus a pair of Magnaflow mufflers) the sound at idle/hwy cruise was similar to stock; however, any throttle input developed a nice deep growl. With heavier or WOT it comes alive with a strong turbo engine soundtrack.

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
Why keep the resonator? It's overly restrictive and build up a lot of heat. When I had it removed and replaced with a Y-pipe (plus a pair of Magnaflow mufflers) the sound at idle/hwy cruise was similar to stock; however, any throttle input developed a nice deep growl. With heavier or WOT it comes alive with a strong turbo engine soundtrack.

Have you seen the person who cut open both on this forum.... Resonator is FAR LESS restrictive than the mufflers. It actually wasnt bad at all

Sponsored

rgingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T/Auto/50-yr/FRT
Have you seen the person who cut open both on this forum.... Resonator is FAR LESS restrictive than the mufflers. It actually wasnt bad at all
Can't really speak to the resonator's role in restricting the flow (the stock mufflers are probably more at fault); however, the bluing on the back of the resonator indicates pretty darn high temps are concentrated there. :cheers:

chadhtx40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP Magnetic Metalli
Shawn can you load a video of one with catted pipes. That's the version I'm interested in. Also, any issues with fitment. I know of another brand that I will not mention that was pulled due to fitment issues but set to release again soon.
Sponsored