Sponsored

Stock GT Mani vs F150 Mani Dyno

Grim12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
Havent had a chance to dyno the car yet, im gonna try to get it done this coming friday...the car definetly feels faster, ill post a comparison between the gt350 and cobrajet manifold as well as some install pics (slightly different route than everyone else)
Very interested in this! Followed your GT350 saga. Lot of good info in that thread although you can't see the dyno graphs anymore.

Debating whether to go FI or CobraJet this winter.
Sponsored

sandeale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Based on what im seeing in the datalogs it should be a pretty good gain across the board, i dont like to speculate so ill get the dyno done....regarding the previous pics im pretty sure its because the host site i was using now wants fees to post pics elsewhere...know of any free host sites left?

V8EATR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
It is bad when it's sacrificing 500 RPM, and high end power and total area under the curve. You are basically turning the GT engine characteristics into the F150 engine characteristics. The GT isn't a truck. It doesn't need to tow at moderate RPM.

From the way it sounds, those looking to lower the powerband aren't driving their cars the way they were intended. If you need more power, shift into the appropriate gear...or press the pedal down farther. If you feel you need more part throttle torque, maybe you should trade for an ecoboost. Seriously, nothing wrong with them...and it sounds like if you aren't using the top end power anyways, why even have the GT in the first place?:shrug:
Quoted for truth. Most of these people should buy a diesel truck. "I bought this mustang but I never floor it and I won't take it to redline, its lacking torque at part throttle at 3k..."

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
Quoted for truth. Most of these people should buy a diesel truck. "I bought this mustang but I never floor it and I won't take it to redline, its lacking torque at part throttle at 3k..."
so someone who wants a fast car should buy a diesel truck just because they arent satisfied with a complete lack of low rpm power? im sorry you shouldn't have to rev to the redline just to get decent power from an engine, thats a honda characteristic.

Criticism of people doing this is just fanboy talk, trying to spin this cars shortcomings into a supposed strength.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
so someone who wants a fast car should buy a diesel truck just because they arent satisfied with a complete lack of low rpm power? im sorry you shouldn't have to rev to the redline just to get decent power from an engine, thats a honda characteristic.

Criticism of people doing this is just fanboy talk, trying to spin this cars shortcomings into a supposed strength.
Couldn't agree more.

Sponsored

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods

1. Completely agree with you.
2. However, the linear, rev-happy nature of this engine is why I bought this car. I've had LS cars my whole life and love them. I just wanted something different. I wanted to rev to the moon and back but didn't feel like laying down the coin on a 350. Therefore, I'm in the camp of 350 intake and tune, and revving this engine out to 7500+; maybe cams down the road too.

But I sure don't disparage anyone wanting to pull the curve down in the range a bit to get some more grunt out of this car. She's a heavy girl and could use some torque.

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
1. Completely agree with you.
2. However, the linear, rev-happy nature of this engine is why I bought this car. I've had LS cars my whole life and love them. I just wanted something different. I wanted to rev to the moon and back but didn't feel like laying down the coin on a 350. Therefore, I'm in the camp of 350 intake and tune, and revving this engine out to 7500+; maybe cams down the road too.

But I sure don't disparage anyone wanting to pull the curve down in the range a bit to get some more grunt out of this car. She's a heavy girl and could use some torque.
exactly.

i dont criticize anyone installing a gt350 so they can do just that, rev to the moon and enjoy it! it just doesnt suit everyones daily driving style. the fact that someone wants more low end power doesnt imply they are less of a driver or that they are downgrading their car in some way. it sure doesnt mean they should be driving pickup trucks. thats just the fanboy coming out as they must be so used to defending their fords against the chevys that have more low end power.

V8EATR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
My last car was a 06' GTO and I loved it, the LS engine is a great family of engines. You guys are just wasting your time and making car slower, your $ and time though. Why don't you guys swap in F150 cams and really make it useless above 5k? Its all about the torque right???

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
exactly.

i dont criticize anyone installing a gt350 so they can do just that, rev to the moon and enjoy it! it just doesnt suit everyones daily driving style. the fact that someone wants more low end power doesnt imply they are less of a driver or that they are downgrading their car in some way. it sure doesnt mean they should be driving pickup trucks. thats just the fanboy coming out as they must be so used to defending their fords against the chevys that have more low end power.
So intentionally making a car slower (because the don't feel like downshifting or playing with higher rpm) isn't downgrading? :confused:

Funny, by the way some of you are taking you would think we had 50lbft of torque. The torque is there, it's just higher in the rpm range. Use it for petes sake.

You all bought a rev happy car people. WTF were you expecting.

This is the absolute first time on any auto forum that I have ever had to comment on this topic.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So intentionally making a car slower (because the don't feel like downshifting or playing with higher rpm) isn't downgrading? :confused:

Funny, by the way some of you are taking you would think we had 50lbft of torque. The torque is there, it's just higher in the rpm range. Use it for petes sake.

You all bought a rev happy car people. WTF were you expecting.

This is the absolute first time on any auto forum that I have ever had to comment on this topic.
Agreed. But if you're a closet LS lover but bleed Ford Blue and love Mustangs, what are you suppose to do? I jokingly suggested LS swap, which offended some people without senses of humor, but it is directly what they're looking for.

If someone doesn't redline their car and wants more power in the normal daily driving rev range, the F150 manifold makes sense. I get it. Are they slowing down the overall capability of the car? YES. But if that's not what they use it for, then the F150 intake is a good option that will make them happier for what they do use the car for. Nothing wrong with that. :cheers:

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
If someone doesn't redline their car and wants more power in the normal daily driving rev range, the F150 manifold makes sense. I get it. Are they slowing down the overall capability of the car?
That's where I really have a problem. The power and torque are already there...they are just choosing not to use them. You don't need to push it to redline. It's as if everyone is scared to rev these engines. If they were doing it for something along the lines of increasing fuel economy I'd understand. They literally just have to use more RPM

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I can understand both sides of the argument but there is something to be said for not seeming like you're racing everyone at a light by revving the car out when it goes green. That gets old real quick and you invariably have someone start to tailgate you to join in the race.

Having said that, a tune and the Airaid MIT/AFE filter has made a big difference in that regard for me but let's remember that different people put different values on where their power is.

We don't have to attack the other party for a different POV.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
That's where I really have a problem. The power and torque are already there...they are just choosing not to use them. You don't need to push it to redline. It's as if everyone is scared to rev these engines. If they were doing it for something along the lines of increasing fuel economy I'd understand. They literally just have to use more RPM
Why is it your problem? I live in a heavily populated area. Alot of places the speed limit is 45 or heavy road construction. I can mod my car anyway I see fit. If its not your car then why are you so heavily invested in this thread? Why can't we all get along? :ford:

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
While I generally agree with your position and I am going in the same direction as you, I'll counter our own preference with:

-making a right-hand turn in 2nd gear going ~30-40mph on the street, you'll likely be around 3K RPM. When you accelerate as cross traffic is heading towards you, there's more power and torque from the F150 manifold FOR THE SAME SPEED at that RPM than the GT manifold. While you'll make the same power 500rpm (and ~5mph later), the acceleration from 30-50mph on the street would likely be in the F150 manifold's sweet spot and thus the GT would be slower.

On a track, the higher peak power of the GT is faster, but if your constraints are certain speed ranges at lower RPM, then the F150 can win. Now for an on-ramp, I'm with you that using a lower gear and revving the more powerful GT manifold would be more fun and faster, but for a daily driver where you're not at redline in parking lots, getting on to a main Street, etc... The F150 manifold can be justified. Not my cup of tea, but I get it.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I can understand both sides of the argument but there is something to be said for not seeming like you're racing everyone at a light by revving the car out when it goes green. That gets old real quick and you invariably have someone start to tailgate you to join in the race.

Having said that, a tune and the Airaid MIT/AFE filter has made a big difference in that regard for me but let's remember that different people put different values on where their power is.

We don't have to attack the other party for a different POV.
This doesn't make a big enough difference to really change that characteristic. Even with the stock manifold, it's not like an older Honda where you literally have to rev the snot out of it to get moving at a reasonable pace.
Sponsored