OP
Scott Wilson

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm waiting on Summit for my 3inch extension pipe and clamps. The clamps that came with the headers were garbage.
Sponsored

15RRGT

I am teh liquor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP TVS
I'm waiting on Summit for my 3inch extension pipe and clamps. The clamps that came with the headers were garbage.
That’s what you get for not buying American clamps!

Just kidding..... :lol: looking forward to hearing your impressions.

FYI, I know two people that installed OBX stainless headers on their s197’s almost a decade ago, one of them still has the car and they’ve been flawless for him.

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Were the extension pipes 2.5-3 inches too short to mate up with the 3inch cat back system? If so, that is the same as OBX. I thought it was small issue, but some might not like that. I purchased dynomax clamps as I thought the clamps were junk as well. Even the Corsa clamps are junk, in which they looked the same as the ones that came with the headers. The dynomax seal so much better and they can be purchased with the step.

OP
OP
Scott Wilson

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So my problem isnt so much a clamp issue as I though but I cannot get the resonator to seal at the header. Ive tried different brands of clamps in the same style and I still cant get it to seal. Seems like the resonator material is too thick to clamp the relieve cuts tight to make a seal. Im afraid if I torque it too tight ill snap a bolt on the clamp again. I bought the same dynomax ones off of summit too

JustinReed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So my problem isnt so much a clamp issue as I though but I cannot get the resonator to seal at the header. Ive tried different brands of clamps in the same style and I still cant get it to seal. Seems like the resonator material is too thick to clamp the relieve cuts tight to make a seal. Im afraid if I torque it too tight ill snap a bolt on the clamp again. I bought the same dynomax ones off of summit too
Do you not want to weld it?

Sponsored

stevnoof1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Stock resonator? Why not get an h pipe or two straight pipes?

OP
OP
Scott Wilson

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The dynomax band clamps do not distort the pipe like the majority of the clamps that come with the kits.

OP
OP
Scott Wilson

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The dynomax band clamps do not distort the pipe like the majority of the clamps that come with the kits.
Are you talking about these

289-33231.jpg

or these

41COiEBsQpL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

Sponsored

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Scott Wilson

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Awesome. Thanks! I just ordered these from Summit. I also just found your setup in another thread. I have 3inch pipe that I was going to use for extensions and I have a welder at work. It wont look super pretty but it will be functional. Im a functional welder not so much form lol

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
Just ordered the same set. Found some people on Facebook in a S550 group saying good things about them. Decided to take the plunge.

OP
OP
Scott Wilson

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
UPDATE

New band clamps that 1badz28 posted worked PERFECT. I'm gonna try to hopefully add my extension pipes tomorrow and get it buttoned up sometime this weekend. I've been really busy. I'll update my original post upon completion
Sponsored