Sponsored

MAP Cat back Exhaust Review

desperatev00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang Ecoboost
The situation is actually worse than merely subjective. My exhaust changes tone based on temperature, humidity and barometric pressure.

For example on a long road trip, if traffic is light, I'll set my cruise control at 100mph (160 kph) and if it's a warm day, it's fine. on a cold or rainy day it gets boomy and droney in that range. On my trips to the alps, crossing the fernpass the car is really quiet, even on ther rare occasions I can gun it. in that thin dry,cold air it's a-bit raspier.

the rest of the time when i'm out and about like in Switzerland or Austria, (120kph speed limits or around 75 mph) the car is perfectly livable and tone is mellow when cruising and good when getting up to speed.

Just to remind everyone, I have the MAP resonated exhaust and Catless down pipe. Amazingly, the car is actually quieter with the Vargas stage 2 + turbo! I was expecting the opposite TBH.
Wait are you saying MAP resonated exhaust changes tone...??? OMG I'm thinking about getting a MAP system...What the hell should I put on my car then T.T

"on a cold or rainy day it gets boomy and droney in that range" OMFG It will always be cold/rainy days in Seattle's winter.

BTW you set your cruise at 100, and you haven't been pulled over? Where are you living in?
Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Wait are you saying MAP resonated exhaust changes tone...??? OMG I'm thinking about getting a MAP system...What the hell should I put on my car then T.T

"on a cold or rainy day it gets boomy and droney in that range" OMFG It will always be cold/rainy days in Seattle's winter.

BTW you set your cruise at 100, and you haven't been pulled over? Where are you living in?
You are reading too much into this, What I am saying is that all exhausts will change tone based on this, not just the MAP, so it only drones at a very specific set of temperature, humidity and RPM.

I love the MAP resonated, wouldn't trade it for anything else- It's the perfect blend of subtle when cruising, aggressive when flooring it.

I live in Germany, 100 mph on the auto-bahn will have minivans riding up your tailpipe flashing their lights if you hang out in the fast lane too long.

Like I said 100 is my cruising take it easy speed. If I feel like a play, or provoked by some BMW, it looks more like this.
attachment.jpg

desperatev00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang Ecoboost
You are reading too much into this, What I am saying is that all exhausts will change tone based on this, not just the MAP, so it only drones at a very specific set of temperature, humidity and RPM.

I love the MAP resonated, wouldn't trade it for anything else- It's the perfect blend of subtle when cruising, aggressive when flooring it.

I live in Germany, 100 mph on the auto-bahn will have minivans riding up your tailpipe flashing their lights if you hang out in the fast lane too long.

Like I said 100 is my cruising take it easy speed. If I feel like a play, or provoked by some BMW, it looks more like this.
attachment.jpg
Just too allergic to the drone lol

Glad you have a positive impression on MAP. If I go MAP I will definitely have a catted for a even milder sound, and hopefully less drone.

Envy! 100mph will definitely be pulled over in US.

desperatev00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang Ecoboost

attachment.jpg
And BTW is there any way to recover the pictures/videos in your build thread? All of them are shown like "please update your account to enable 3rd part hosting"

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Does that say you did 175mph in your boost? :eyebulge:

Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Does that say you did 175mph in your boost? :eyebulge:
I've gone a bit faster. 291 kph to be exact or 180 mph. Unfortunately this is the only pic I have as proof so it has to stand..I have a vid on my YouTube page passing a Mercedes GLE AMG at 170 mph too.

Reactions: Ebm

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
And BTW is there any way to recover the pictures/videos in your build thread? All of them are shown like "please update your account to enable 3rd part hosting"
Yeah stupid Photobucket. I'll try to find another sharing site to move them to.

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I've gone a bit faster. 291 kph to be exact or 180 mph. Unfortunately this is the only pic I have as proof so it has to stand..I have a vid on my YouTube page passing a Mercedes GLE AMG at 170 mph too.
Whoa! Huge respect my friend, nicely done!
Sponsored