Sponsored

Advice On Striping....

Weasel1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I want to install some matte black GT500 style stripes on my GTPP. Any advice on who sells the best quality pre cut stripes? I looked at American Muscle's version which look good, but many of you are far more knowledgeable than me.:cheers:
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I used BigWormGraphix for my fender accent stripes and no issues. However I do remember seeing some people mention in other threads that the place they went to for install weren't willing to install someone else's material which does make sense if any issues pop up down the line.

If you're installing yourself, shouldn't matter for that part though.

N123456

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium
BigWormGraphix does seem very popular here, but just to attest to the AM stripes, I think they work great. I ordered my stripes from them and installed myself (took about 5-6 hours). I think they look fantastic and have been on the car for a year now, through winter and everything, and I have no complaints. Actually installed the exact ones you are looking at, the matte black gt500 stripes.

OP
OP
Weasel1

Weasel1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Ordered mine today from BigWormGraphics. When we get back from vacation, they will get put on.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Good choice! Big Worm is the way to go.

Sponsored

AZFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 401a GT/PP
One more for BigWorm. Put on the stripes myself and very happy with the quality of the materials.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
One more for BigWorm. Put on the stripes myself and very happy with the quality of the materials.
Man that stripe kit is intimidating to do myself. Lining it up perfectly over the entire car and also avoiding bubbles, wrinkles, etc. No thanks!

OP
OP
Weasel1

Weasel1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Man that stripe kit is intimidating to do myself. Lining it up perfectly over the entire car and also avoiding bubbles, wrinkles, etc. No thanks!
I found a place in town that will install for $200. I dont trust myself and they are pros.

Navy5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 (on order)
I just ordered a set of stripes from bigworm and I'm planning to do the install myself. I've seen several different ways to install them on youtube (soap and water, just water, dry, etc). For anyone that's done the install themselves, can you recommend any particular method that worked well?

AZFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 401a GT/PP
I followed the directions with the kit which I believe was rubbing alcohol diluted with water. Just use lots of it and you'll have plenty of time to move/adjust the stripes. If you get to a point where you can't seem to move a water bubble very easily, take your time and slowly push it. If you rush, you'll end up stretching the vinyl. You'll still end up with a few tiny bubbles but they do go away after being in the sun. Also make sure you have a heat gun with a low setting to help get the vinyl to lay over sharp edges.

As for centering the stripes, I used a fabric measuring tape meant for sewing along with blue painters tape to mark my edges. The measuring process probably takes the longest. Laying the stripes is easy once you know your edges.
Sponsored