Not open for further replies.

GreenGuardian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Since I have the current discontinued style what do I need to do to get my hands on the new version?
Sponsored

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Would be it hard to switch to the newer style on the deck lid? Glue residue and whatnot

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Would be it hard to switch to the newer style on the deck lid? Glue residue and whatnot
Heat it up and work it off with some floss.. Then goo gone to clean it up.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
3m adhesive remover works very well and is safer for the paint finish.

Cxmoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I will add the option this week.

In other news, the first product photos will be ready on the 16th and the first production order will be in our hands on the 22nd.
Been a week....

Waiting to order my black with grabber blue fill!!!

Sponsored

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
Will you add Orange Fury color? I want one for my new '18. Because I don't like the chrome 5.0 badge. :)

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I received the GT350 style EcoBoost turbo emblem today. The badge looks great indeed, heavy and of very good quality.

I am a bit concerned though about the long-term durability of the 3M VHB tape: The bolts are not built into the badge and they don't sit 100% flash on the surface of the metal grille support where the badge is supposed to stick through the 3M tape. So, considering the weight of the badge, will the 3M tape keep it in place for long? I am asking this because if the badge detaches from its metal support, it will definitely damage the front bumper.

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
I received the GT350 style EcoBoost turbo emblem today. The badge looks great indeed, heavy and of very good quality.

I am a bit concerned though about the long-term durability of the 3M VHB tape: The bolts are not built into the badge and they don't sit 100% flash on the surface of the metal grille support where the badge is supposed to stick through the 3M tape. So, considering the weight of the badge, will the 3M tape keep it in place for long? I am asking this because if the badge detaches from its metal support, it will definitely damage the front bumper.
Not having seen what you are talking about, I would like to sugggest putting some expoy where the bolts meet the badge, I did something similar to this when I applied the Pony to the new grill. I used stainless bolts and nylock nuts as well as some double sided tape just to keep it from possibly moving around.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the idea. I suppose epoxy + double sided 3M VHB tape will hold the badge on the provided grille metal support for ever.

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just use dome goop+VHB. No reason to go all permanent up this your grill.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I swapped or moved badges on the front about 4 times now, and it is always a PITA to get it back off with that method. It's not terrible, but it isn't just going to be pulled off by some passer-by either.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for all the suggestions folks, I appreciate the replies.

Maybe I was not very clear in describing my concern. The badge comes with a good sized piece of 3M VHB tape stuck to the back. There is also a metallic grille mount in the kit where the badge is supposed to get stuck through the 3M tape. This metallic support with the badge attached to it is then mounted on the grille with the provided bolts. All this is shown in the 2nd picture of the following post (which I found in another thread):

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1826904&postcount=18

So I am not looking for a way to stick the badge permanently on the grille. I am just wondering if the 3M tape alone will keep the badge in this metallic support for long. I don't want the badge to come off sometime in the future because of the heat, humidity, car vibration, or even the weight of the badge itself. Should I also use epoxy to keep the badge permanently on its metallic support provided in the kit, or the 3M tape alone will do the job? :shrug:

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my posts above. That will do what you want.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.