OP
OP
Nomadic

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I work from home and really only have my GTPP because I'm a car guy. Realistically, this thing is a complete money pit and I'd be better off with nice econobox sedan. I've actually been tempted to buy a Mazda 3 to pair with my Mazda 6.
It's a money pit b/c of the price? You keep modding it?
Sponsored

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I also work from home and I bought a 2015 GT Premium last September that only had 3200 miles on it. I don't drive a ton but that is the reason I bought my Mustang. I've had several other Mustangs but not one is several years due to raising kids. I've put 10,000 miles on mine in the last year. I love driving it, puts a smile on my face every time I start it up. My wife has an SUV and my oldest son is driving so I don't have to worry about having to fit my entire family in my Mustang. Not having to put a ton of miles on it or fit the whole family in it just makes it easier to justify having a fun car! Buy the one you want and go enjoy it!

OP
OP
Nomadic

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Well I test drove a few 5.0s; base auto, manual 3.55, manual PP. l liked the PP the best. But didn’t like how the Coyote doesn’t feel alive on the low end. I had to rev it like a 4 banger and then it screamed. Noticeably different than the Camaro SS I drove which that down low shove that makes V8s so cool (for me anyway). Liked the car overall but the lack of noticeable low end grunt (for a V8), prevented me from making the plunge.

entaiiie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' GT
I've had a gen 1 Coyote and an LS3. I know what you mean - they deliver their power very differently. I actually prefer the mid range delivery and higher revving nature of the Coyote. it's more fun to me and a lot more streetable.

DKano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
I also work from home and that actually helps when you want to buy a car you want to mod and keep for a long time. You won't put a lot of miles on it so you could keep the car for more than 5 years easy. And yes, I do look for any excuse to take the car out.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It's a money pit b/c of the price? You keep modding it?
Well, yeah. $37k for the car alone. It is paid off. Then you start modding it and you just keep pissing money away.

Ritchie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any old shite.
I’m only at home 6 months of the year but it’s another thing to look forward to for when I get home.
Always can’t help smiling when I see it again, and I drive it as much as possible when I’m home.
I wouldn’t hesitate.

P51DNA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm working from home. Have my Mustang, a Ram, and the wifes car. I wasn't working from home when I bought my Mustang. It got the normal secondary car treatment. Always looking great, drive it a couple times a week or ever other week, what ever.

Now that I work from home it hardly ever sees the light of day. It really depends on you. This is me... I take my Mustang out to travel across town (and not run errands down the street) and then I put it in the garage. It's dusty now and the car cover can't go back on so its sits un covered. It gets filthy from dust (I live in AZ) in just a couple of weeks being uncovered and it's not looking up to my standards. So it gets washed, and covered. Pretty soon this finding a reason to drive it and having to wash it again gets kind of old. I take it out and drive it all week cause it's dirty now, but most of my travels are in my immediate area and I'm in the car for 5-15 minutes unless I can find a reason to really take it out and enjoy it which I normally cant. On top of this I'm a family guy and spend most of my free time with them. So we use my wifes car to travel.

Is it a waste of money? Of course it is. Mines paid off so I don't get that monthly reminder though. Do I regret it? The more time that passes I think I do think its more of a hassle than its worth. My detailing obsession with the car looking clean and the precautions I take to keep it scratch free are a huge factor into this. If I were the type of person that just drove it to the car wash, then my opinion would be probably a lot different.

For me, getting rid of the Ram will force me to drive the Mustang all the time and make it more worth it. Would have to be my primary car for me to do it again.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
My Coyote comes alive after 3500RPM. I'm guessing that's when the cams switch over.
I enjoy that I can putt around town in my V8 like it is a 4/6 cylinder cars during low RPMs. I don't need to be spinning tires doing 25MPH. Makes the car easier to drive in traffic or in parking lots.
I want my power at top. I have a truck if I need low end grunt.

OP
OP
Nomadic

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=7117]Hashbrownn[/MENTION] I understand but after having a Camaro SS (lemon buyback), I want the power down low and up high. If it's a V8, it shouldn't feel like a 4 banger around town. Not for me anyway.

[MENTION=19199]P51DNA[/MENTION] I understand. But car washes all day for me.

I test drove a new Focus ST after the Mustang. Aside from the V8 growl, I liked it more. Just lighter and more fun to toss around and had plenty of power for the street and got it for $11K less than the PP.

It will only be primary car for 4.5 mos out of the yr but so be it. It's my one really fun car.

Sponsored

IL_G6_Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
I work from home and then fly out to client sites when needed. For personal use I drive on average about 3k miles per year. This is spread over two vehicles. Here comes the kicker, I buy a new car and trade in the old one every 6-18 months.

I'm trying to break the cycle. It's not easy.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I've been working from home for the last 4 years. I put 28k miles on my '17 GT350 (got it with 8) in one year and two weeks. I also put 18k miles on my '15 GT in one year when I had it as well. I'm sure it's just me, but these cars are just that damn fun to drive. By working from home, I use the car as an excuse to get out at least 2-3 times a day, thus driving way more than the average person who just goes to work and comes home. If I didn't drive my car as often as I did, I'd be miserable being home so much.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
I had the best case scenario for five years, working from home but having to drive to meetings in Austin and Dallas every other month. When I bought this Mustang it was faster, more enjoyable than SW Airlines but then our parent company shut down home officing and moved us to a facility south of Houston so I'm commuting daily.

Still no complaints. Best hour of my day is driving back and forth from work.
Sponsored