ricardocabesa

STD free
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT w/PP
Like the title says, I work from home. I don't drive much during the week. I have a '14 Jetta 1.8 that is paid off. I have to keep that since I lend it to my older parents for 4.5 months out of the year when they are 6 hours north of me(saves them huge rental car $).

Test drove a '17 PP and loved it. It would just sit parked a lot. I would take it when I go bowling which is a fun backroad trip. And it would be my primary car for 4.5 mos out of the year. I have an '05 Focus for that now, which I'd sell.

I don't know. Seems like a bit of waste. On the other hand, if I commuted in traffic everyday, no way I'd drive a PP Mustang either. I'd be taking my auto Focus.

I was offered a new '17 PP for $29700 before TTL. It had 120 mi on it which sort of turned me off (I know, picky). And now it's listed for $31,xxx.

Anyone else work from home and have the PP as a SECOND vehicle?
Not answering your question,but I would prefer a car with under 10 miles too but my dealer had to drive to another dealer in the state to get my '17 w/PP,so mine had 229 miles when I took delivery 12 days ago. Believe me,you'll live.
Sponsored

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
DD it. Its a Mustang. Thats the beauty.

13k miles in 2 yrs work from home. Stang used as dd.
4th set of street tires.
Whippled. 11.5 Avg mpg since new including season of track days.
WOT everywhere I can safely wo putting others at risk.
Financially stupid but so much fun.
6R80 Drive train is tough as freakn hell. :ford:
Parts cheap ish.

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
My commute is 4.5 miles. I have a Raptor and a Mustang.
I bought neither for necessity or practicality.
I bought them because they excite me. It doesn't matter if I'm driving to the store, blasting over the mountain, or bounding down some forest service road....I'm having a blast.

You only live once. Enjoy the one life you have.

OP
OP
Nomadic

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Thanks for the replies. Kinda kicking myself for not buying the gray PP the other night. Rebate is gone and now it's $2k more. Still shopping around emailing dealers. Under $30k for a new '17 GT PP was attractive.

In the meantime I'm going to put my '05 Focus ZX3 on the market. It has a whopping 36500 miles. Any takers? You know you know want it. ;)

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Like the title says, I work from home. I don't drive much during the week. I have a '14 Jetta 1.8 that is paid off. I have to keep that since I lend it to my older parents for 4.5 months out of the year when they are 6 hours north of me(saves them huge rental car $).

Test drove a '17 PP and loved it. It would just sit parked a lot. I would take it when I go bowling which is a fun backroad trip. And it would be my primary car for 4.5 mos out of the year. I have an '05 Focus for that now, which I'd sell.

I don't know. Seems like a bit of waste. On the other hand, if I commuted in traffic everyday, no way I'd drive a PP Mustang either. I'd be taking my auto Focus.

I was offered a new '17 PP for $29700 before TTL. It had 120 mi on it which sort of turned me off (I know, picky). And now it's listed for $31,xxx.

I work from home and have a Hellcat. Doesn't see much mileage but who cares. I have a fun vehicle waiting for me when I want to go for a spin. When it comes to muscle cars practicality is thrown out the window. If u want it and can afford it then go for it.

Sponsored

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red
Same here, working from home full time. About 3500 miles in a year. I do agree, this was a frivolous purchase and completely unnecessary since I have a motorcycle and truck paid off.

But I'm not going to live forever, going to enjoy this while I can.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have a job(right now I'm taking a break from the working world) but I custom ordered a GT PP with all the bells and whistles (except Recaro's) . And guess you can say every time my mom asks me to go anywhere I'll be driving it.
If I get it before Christmas (fingers Crossed) we might take it to Florida to see my sister. Since my mom is retired and I don't have a job if it snows up in NC we can just hang out in Florida till the snow melts.
But I say get it you only live once :)

fewt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

I work from home and have a 2016 GT as my primary car. I had a short commute when I bought it in 2015, but now that I no longer do I still drive it every opportunity I can which is usually just on the weekends. It's definitely not a waste.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Yes, it's a waste. Can you wire me payment of $26,000 so I can buy mine outright.

I don't have a job(right now I'm taking a break from the working world) but I custom ordered a GT PP with all the bells and whistles (except Recaro's) . And guess you can say every time my mom asks me to go anywhere I'll be driving it.
If I get it before Christmas (fingers Crossed) we might take it to Florida to see my sister. Since my mom is retired and I don't have a job if it snows up in NC we can just hang out in Florida till the snow melts.
But I say get it you only live once :)

Trust fund?

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Sponsored

ValidusTalon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP + FRPP2
I'm in a similar situation working primarily from home. My wife has a far more practical vehicle we share while our pride and joy ('17 GT Premium PP) sits waiting in the garage. It wasn't the best financial decision, and even with my making up errands it may see a few thousand miles a year (if lucky!).... and I do not care. This is my reward for being responsible, raising kids and driving little SUV's without a soul for car seats, soccer coaching duties, and sitting in airport parking lots while I traveled.

I for one, and suspect many here, buy these for all the wrong reasons and wouldn't trade a minute! All I can say to the OP is "whaaaddaaaya waiting for... go for it!!" You can be responsible anytime you want in the Jetta (not knocking them, one saved my life in a bad car accident a few years back), then when you get a minute live a little in your bad a$$ Mustang! :)

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
That sounds like the best case. You get to drive it whenever you want for your own enjoyment, rather than using it as a commuter (which I don't mind either).

I bought my car with 93 miles on it and got a similar deal to you (like, nearly the exact same lol). I wouldn't think twice

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Well, I have a '15 GT PP in my garage that has less than 2K miles. In all honesty, I have it because it's paid for and I have no other expensive hobbies (golf, boat, beach house, etc) to blow cash.....just love cars and always wished I could have a Mustang AND a truck at the same time.....and now I can. I take it out on nice weekends to get my high HP fix (I also had a FR/Roush Supercharger installed) I'm certain some would say I'm nuts........to each his own.......:thumbsup:

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
Thanks for the replies. Kinda kicking myself for not buying the gray PP the other night. Rebate is gone and now it's $2k more. Still shopping around emailing dealers. Under $30k for a new '17 GT PP was attractive.

In the meantime I'm going to put my '05 Focus ZX3 on the market. It has a whopping 36500 miles. Any takers? You know you know want it. ;)
Is the Focus paid for? If so, keep it! Insurance/taxes on an '05 Focus can't be much, and it would be nice to have a ride for times when you just washed the Mustang and it's raining, or you have to go to the home improvement store and get mulch.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
When I bought my first Mustang, I had a 7 mile round trip commute, and after a time, I switched to a role that allowed me to work from home 2-3 days a week. It was great! I bought it (2006 GT) in 2009 with 13k on the clock. Three years later, when I moved to South Carolina, and had a longer commute, I was only at 32k. I drove it as a daily/commuter, and ended up trading it on my 2016 GT/PP two years ago, TODAY, and it had about 65k on the odometer. The super low mileage for a 10 year old car netted me a good premium on the used car market, and had I been more patient in selling it private party, I could have gotten even more.

I say do it. Carpe the fuck out of every diem.

JR
Sponsored