Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I wouldn't care if it lost 50hp, as long as they shave off some serious co2 emission with the new automatic I'm buying.
Wait.......what? Is there some tax/license issue for you concerning co2?
Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Wait.......what? Is there some tax/license issue for you concerning co2?
There are crazy taxes on high co2 cars in some european countries. In Netherlands the Mustang EB costs 57k€ while the Mustang GT costs 119k€!

For comparison, in germany we pay 38k€ for the EB and 44k€ for the GT :D

jimmbbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT Sterling Gray
There are crazy taxes on high co2 cars in some european countries. In Netherlands the Mustang EB costs 57k€ while the Mustang GT costs 119k€!
For comparison, in germany we pay 38k€ for the EB and 44k€ for the GT :D
:doh:
Thank God that lunacy hasn't yet found its way to the US

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4

Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
I like everything about the 2018 EXCEPT the hood.

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic

Unless required for functionality, am not a fan of the "carbon fiber" fad of making it CF just because they can... Think it will get old after a while, and like most fads will fall out of favor for the next "new and shiny" gimmick.
:popcorn:

I agree...wish we could get the alcantara seats without the Carbon Fiber trim!!

Sponsored

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
What the hell? Ford just built an entire car almost completely out of carbon fiber(Ford GT). They where the first manufacturer to put carbon fiber wheels as standard on a street car(GT350R). You really think they can't offer real carbon trim in a Mustang! You guys kill me. Its not like carbon fiber is unatainimum from another planet. Good lord! You may not like the look that doesn't mean its fake. All these years people have complained about how cheap the interior of the Mustang looks, now Ford offers a real carbon fiber upgrade with nice leather and you guys sound like a bunch of monkeys playing scrabble! Thank god Ford is classing up the Mustang interior keep it coming!

BluFlash5x8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 5.0 LX, 2012 GT500, 13' GT500, 13 & 14 5.0...
A new EU prototype spotted, seems like we will get some of the new rims.

But where are the promised tribar DRLs? :ninja:
Who cares about the tri-bar DRL's... They're there, can't you see them in the photo? Just unplugged I'm sure. The DRL's only look good from the sides and are so dull and dim, that it is pointless to call them DRL's.... Just about every other manufacturer that has LED DRL's are 2-3x brighter than any Fords LED DRL's. Even Hyundai and Kia have nice bright DRL's, that are actually daytime visible. Ever since the mustang got the parallel bar DRL's in 2013, they've been disappointing. No company has made any attempt to give them some brightness and daytime visibility, just silly colors, that are even more dull and dim.

And now with a dual fuel system in the gt, it'll be doubly tough to tune and a nightmare. The more I see the front end, the more I dislike it.

We are having issues with heat, gear synchro and software on the new 10 spd in the MY 18' Raptors we've sold as well. And, those same issues are occurring with the ZL1 and it's 10 spd. More gears always equal more heat, more compact, and ten times more potential problems.

BluFlash5x8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 5.0 LX, 2012 GT500, 13' GT500, 13 & 14 5.0...
A new EU prototype spotted, seems like we will get some of the new rims.

But where are the promised tribar DRLs? :ninja:
Clear tail lights do t equal EURO money del. Right hand drive be does. This is not a EUR stang.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Who cares about the tri-bar DRL's... They're there, can't you see them in the photo? Just unplugged I'm sure. The DRL's only look good from the sides and are so dull and dim, that it is pointless to call them DRL's.... Just about every other manufacturer that has LED DRL's are 2-3x brighter than any Fords LED DRL's. Even Hyundai and Kia have nice bright DRL's, that are actually daytime visible. Ever since the mustang got the parallel bar DRL's in 2013, they've been disappointing. No company has made any attempt to give them some brightness and daytime visibility, just silly colors, that are even more dull and dim.
Please inform yourself about the EU Mustang before posting. Until now the 6th Gen Mustang in europe has no active tribars, which really is a big Thing because they used really cheap yellow halogen bulbs in the foglight as DRL. in a 40+k€ car it's really bad. They removed the LEDs in the Tribars because they don't match european requirements. That's why a lot of people added aftermarket tribars, even though they are illegal here.
With the facelift we finally get LED DRL Tribars in the EU Mustang. And as we hear in that one video the european Mustang has brighter LEDs as DRL than the US model for these requirements.

Have you seen the Diode Dynamics DRL Tribars? They are really bright and more like real DRL :cheers:
Sponsored