Solved My 16 Tech Cooler Issues.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Traded it in on a 17 Ruby Red with Electronics Package! I just got home with it and am very happy. Here are some quick details and thoughts.

The Deal: I got it from Automation Ford in White Bear Lake and I'd like to give a big thank you to them. They've been great to me in every aspect whether it is sales, service and parts of course as most of you know.

You can look at the deal in two ways. They either gave me 50K for my car and $2500 ADM or 47.5K and no ADM. I put $5100 down and I have the same payment and terms I started with last June. I thought it was a very fair deal especially considering a few things. I was going to have to get license plate tabs ($550) and a new set of tires by the end of the summer ($1500ish). I started the process of getting the track transmission/cooler kit from their parts department and found out with labor it would've been $4300. As has been talked about to death here the warranty on it is questionable. It also left me without a diff solution as well. Also, as you guys know, I get to do the Track Attack again, which is maybe a $1000-1500 value!

This with the backdrop of everything that happened to my car, 2nd engine and a bunch of quality issues, the lawsuit, Tech Pack stigma from some buyers etc, I thought the trade value was very fair. So I jumped at the chance to trade up and drove it home this morning.

Color: I'm torn. The Ruby Red with black roof is stunning, especially in the sun. But, I am going to miss my AG with black stripes combo as I thought that was a bit more original and unique. Both colors are awesome IMO.

Stereo: The upgraded Shaker audio is night and day from the Tech Pack stereo. It still isn't the greatest thing I've ever heard, but it is much much better and actually enjoyable to listen turned up loud now. In short it doesn't suck anymore and I've taken upgrading the stereo off of the list.

Recaro seats compared to Sofa seats: I'm 5'11" and 180 pounds. I'm snug in them without being too snug and they are surprisingly comfortable. They will help me stay at 180 pounds because I can see them getting uncomfortable in a hurry if I was any bigger IMO. The Recaros also are bit tougher to get in and out of compared to my Sofa seats, but not as big of a deal as I thought they would be. Luckily, they are not as tight as the Focus ST/RS, which are very narrow. I gave up the heated and cooled seats, which were nice here and there, but I honestly didn't use either that much.

Spoiler: I'm surprised how much bigger the Track Pack spoiler is. I liked both, but the bigger one is cool.

Overall Quality: It is obviously brand new, but my 16 had a ton of rattles right off of the bat. As of only 50 miles it seems much quieter and zero rattles. Hopefully this continues and round 2 with the GT350 is a much better experience compared to last year. Even the transmission seems less notchy currently.

Verdict: I'm a happy camper and if somebody would've told me I could solve all of the issues I had with my 16 Tech Pack for essentially 3k, I would've laughed very hard. I couldn't be happier how it worked out. I'm also writing this up so some other Tech Pack owners may have a little more hope that they can get out of their cars and into something else for less than they might of thought.

I'm still not super happy with how Ford decided to treat the Tech Pack situation and other decisions, but I'll give them this one more chance. If it doesn't work out with this car, I will most likely move on from Ford and not look back. I was close to pulling the trigger on a ZL1, but stayed with the GT350 for all the reasons we love this car. There is still nothing completely like it out there IMO.

I'm going for a drive and here are a couple of pics. Out with the 16 and in with the 17. Oh and it matches my Lariat F150!
IMG_1201.jpg
IMG_1205.JPG
Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on the trade. good luck

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Congrats - now we can be friends. ;) Kidding, of course. That was certainly the less painful route to take....you'll be able to enjoy the car during the time you'd be waiting for a lawsuit or waiting for parts/install that would end up not being under warranty. (cmon Ford).

Darth Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tri Yellow GT350
Congrats...if I could justify my losses, I'd do the same. I don't track so I should be fine with my tech.

I bet chrome gold wheels would look sick with the ruby red. I've always wanted an Iron Man themed car

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Saw the thread title and expected a transmission swap and found it to be a car swap. I believe that is the easier of the two.

Congrats and am sure your experience with this car will be better than the last. As for the RR to AG I understand you are torn as the AG fits the curves of the car so well but RR has an upscale look to it.

Sponsored

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
AG looks great but I think I like the Ruby Red more (especially with no stripes)

OP
OP

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Congrats on the trade. good luck
Thanks!

Congrats - now we can be friends. ;) Kidding, of course. That was certainly the less painful route to take....you'll be able to enjoy the car during the time you'd be waiting for a lawsuit or waiting for parts/install that would end up not being under warranty. (cmon Ford).
:lol: and I agree 100%

OP
OP

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Congrats...if I could justify my losses, I'd do the same. I don't track so I should be fine with my tech.

I bet chrome gold wheels would look sick with the ruby red. I've always wanted an Iron Man themed car ��
I here yah. That actually would look pretty cool. I wouldn't of thought of it, but yah. :D

OP
OP

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Saw the thread title and expected a transmission swap and found it to be a car swap. I believe that is the easier of the two.

Congrats and am sure your experience with this car will be better than the last. As for the RR to AG I understand you are torn as the AG fits the curves of the car so well but RR has an upscale look to it.
AG looks great but I think I like the Ruby Red more (especially with no stripes)
Thanks guys. Both colors are awesome for different reasons. I love both for different reasons.

I like AG with stripes and Ruby without. My 6 year old wants me to put the black stripes on though. :)

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats

Sponsored

Darth Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tri Yellow GT350
I here yah. That actually would look pretty cool. I wouldn't of thought of it, but yah. :D
Met a guy with chrome gold on a matte black S550 and it is sick! Of course I get the color of car that only looks good with black wheels.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Félicitation Jason, RR is a great color but shows every little darn defects, love my RR Edge sport but keeping it clean is as time consuming as black.

We'll miss you in the base/tech camp, but happy you took the '17 route and finally solved your cooling issues. :thumbsup:

OP
OP

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Félicitation Jason, RR is a great color but shows every little darn defects, love my RR Edge sport but keeping it clean is as time consuming as black.

We'll miss you in the base/tech camp, but happy you took the '17 route and finally solved your cooling issues. :thumbsup:
I'll still stand up for the tech guys, I get it.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe