Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I am genuinely interested in how many dodge "Hemi" owners believe they have a literal "Hemi" engine. Its the same thing as if Mustang owners thought there was a literal coyote under the hood powering the car. AKA nothing more than a name. I bet a disproportionate number on here know the truth, since its a car forum, but in the real world I bet its a laughably small number. :lol:
This.

I recall writing a letter to Hot Rod Magazine (which was published) years ago after reading an article on the then-new "Hemi" engine, pointing out that it was a rather egregious use of the name due to technical details.

The late model "Hemi" engines are not hemis by any stretch of the imagination. Pure marketing fluff. False advertising, really, if you want to pick nits.
Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Actually I'm glad that New Ford Owner responses to their lacking of "Quality is Job 1" is hitting their Exec bonuses - because just from this site alone, the poor Quality found on the S550 and MANY warranty repair claims is outrageous.
I agree. A very positive move. I've always thought that car manufacturers should be throwing resources at quality before marketing because it will pay off in the long run. Every time you see a beat down 8 year old car with peeling clear-coat belching black smoke, you note the brand. Every time you see a 1995 Camry that looks (almost) as good as it looked in 1995, you file that away somewhere in the back of your head.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
I agree. A very positive move. I've always thought that car manufacturers should be throwing resources at quality before marketing because it will pay off in the long run. Every time you see a beat down 8 year old car with peeling clear-coat belching black smoke, you note the brand. Every time you see a 1995 Camry that looks (almost) as good as it looked in 1995, you file that away somewhere in the back of your head.
Agreed. This is also why I keep my 96 Camry around. Its worth just about nothing, but its ridiculously reliable and still looks good. Plus it keeps my Miata and Mustang out of the bad weather (but is only just now starting to have rust over the rear wheel well). My GFs 07 fusion is showing worse rot over the same wheel well.

Even the onion recognized the 93-96 Camry and its quality. I had to laugh at this, its so true (at least around me) at how many Camry's that are still running good and looking good around me.

http://www.theonion.com/article/toyota-recalls-1993-camry-due-fact-owners-really-s-50480

GBGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT350 W/lightning blue stripes
I've been a Ford guy for 30 years.......yeah I'm old. LOL I've owned a ton of mustangs. At the moment I own a Scat Pack Challenger 8 speed auto. My GT350 won't arrive to the dealer until mid June.

Anyway. Over the past 30 years quality has certainly changed. We are all benefitting from pretty damn good quality these days regardless of manufacturer.

A car manufacturer just can't produce the junk it did years ago. The general public would not tolerate it.

Anyway from my personal experience I can say the quality Ford had between 1998 and 2004 was the worst I had ever seen. I am serious they were producing junk back then. It was just plain terrible. Even there premier sports car during that era the Terminator had the dreaded tick and Ford redesigned the cylinder heads 3 times in two years. I could go on. The transmissions were awful, the body fitment was awful. I could go on.

My 2016 Scat has not had to go back to the dealer for anything. I can't say anything bad about the car.

I can say the quality across the board has improved dramatically. There will be issues with any car. The good news is we, the consumer, does't tolerate crap like we used to. We've gotten accustomed to good quality.

Sponsored

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
My motor blew at 2 months ownership, and the most they'll give me is an extra 15,000 mile warranty

They dont deserve a bonus

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
My problems were/are mostly cosmetic but it still annoys me that I had to have body panels aligned on a brand new 37k MSRP car. I can't imagine being in charge of quality control at Ford and letting my car leave the factory with 3 body panels that far off. I would stop the production in a second and sort that shit out.

Honda and Toyota are great if you can stay awake while driving them.

It's good to see Ford taking some action to fix the quality issues. There is no substitute for quality.

p51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver GT w/ PP
Exactly - like a FIAT is going to be any better?

The comments above about the HORRIBLE quality need to be taken with a grain of salt. My GT has 10,500 mi on it, the body panels are PERFECT, the AC works fine, seats not wearing, etc etc etc. The ONLY issue I have had is the E-Brake cable need to be retentioned. You need to remember people that are happy DON'T post - Hey no problems with my xxxx today on the Internet.

Now We do see that Ford did not make some of their goals, and the top brass is getting hit. Nice to see and you know they will double down and make improvements.
My AC didn't fail until over 20k miles. 8k miles later, and its about to fail again.

tommyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost HPP manual
Does anyone know if Ford has replaced the failing A.C. parts with an upgrade for the 2018 model? Also, can I expect the ride to be as stiff as the current model with the P.P. on the standard 2018, due to the chassis upgrade ?

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
I'm not sure about the AC improvements but it's still the S550 chassis. The improvements will be the optional MagneRide dampers and new twin-disc clutch and dual-mass flywheel.

Sponsored

keiths2kgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT PP 50th AP
This is the reason why I haven't pulled the trigger on the Mustang yet. I've been spoiled by Honda quality and reliability. I've had my Acura for 11 years without a single issue. I would hate to trade it in on a headache and regret the decision. I hope they get their act together because I've wanted a 5.0 for a long time but vibrations, poor panel alignment, and a failing AC in Florida are things I cannot accept.
Honda is not immune to poor quality. I bought a new 08 Civic Si and after a couple of months the passenger door started rubbing the front fender slightly. The panel gaps were bad. Then the struts started making noise. After 3 attempts to fix they finally got it fixed.

Only issue I've had with my 20k mile 15GTPP is the right front strut. Which ford fixed on the first attempt :)

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD 13 Nissan Titan Wknd ride 17 Mustang GT
Had my 17 GT for 7 months. Only 3400 miles so far, but quality so far seems as good as anything out there. Yes I can notice that some of the panels aren't perfectly aligned, but I can find that on many other cars. I think it stands out more to some with the S550 because of the lines. Overall it drives great, and feels like it's well put together.

Hopefully I feel the same as the miles add up.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I literally have a folder that is now 2" thick full of Ford Service Center work order repairs for my 2016 EB Premium PP, that I bought new in Dec. 2015. The car has only 23k miles on it...

My 1994 Cobra, I am the 2nd owner and I have owned it for nearly 12+ years now, of which as 143k miles on it has had NO quality or driveline issues under my ownership OR prior to my ownership (based on prior OASIS).

I find that F'n amazing and ridiculous in the sense that I bought a brand new Mustang and it's had multiple warranty issues in less than 2 years of ownership AND in far less accrued miles.

Want a laugh? I have actually driven nearly every single Ford product as loaners more than I have driven my own damn 'new' vehicle during my ownership. In fact and no BS, my "free Sirius Trial" had expired before I even was able to enjoy it...

I have even told the Ford CSR for my warranty case for the driveline vibe that buying my Mustang was the absolute WORST purchase I have ever made (and that's coming from a Ford owner who has now owned (19) Mustangs, (2) Broncos, (1) Explorer and a Mercury Milan), not counting numerous family member Fords. I told my CSR that Ford Quality sucks, that the new car ownership sucked and that it's ridiculous that my new vehicle spent over 1 month at a Service Center when it only had 1,900 miles on it.

Back in March 2016, I even wrote an email to Bill Ford, Fields and another high ranking Ford Staff - I did not get a single response and the email addresses were valid.

I've blasted surveys sent from Ford with totally negative responses.

Ford BUYS it's Customer Satisfaction. How do you ask? If you are a Customer that has purchased a new Ford and has contacted or involved a regional Ford CSR with an established case number - the Ford CSR's offer up the following to quell new Customers in an effort to gain their satisfaction:

1) Depending on how long a new car is "down" for warranty service, they will offer Owners who "squeak the loudest" car payment reimbursements. For instance, if your car was in the shop for nearly 3-4 consecutive weeks for warranty work, they will offer 1 month car payment back to the owner.

2) Depending on how long the new vehicle is down and severity of warranty work needed, the Ford CSR will offer the owner an extended ESP Warranty Package. Based on how much the owner is upset or "squeaks", the Ford CSR can offer certain extended warranty packages based on mileage intervals.

3) If 1 and 2 above have already been extended to the owner and the owner still has to have the car in service for an extended period, or the owner is still upset - the Ford CSR will then offer an extended Maintenance Plan to the owner. This again is done by mileage intervals and offers free oil changes, other "perks" included with the maintenance plans, etc.

Number 1 above is always the first offer to a new owner. Numbers 2 and 3 will be offered if problems persist. If the owner balks at #2 or #3 above, then the Ford CSR will say "that is all we can offer, you have X-mount of time to accept the offer, if you decline we can't offer it again or any other offer".

The above is fact... and I know first hand, because I was reimbursed (3) car payments, reimbursed (2) weeks of a loaner cost, had the Extended Warranty ESP Package added in addition to my new car warranty AND had a Maintenance Plan also added to my VIN.

I have everything extensively documented, every email correspondence with (2) Ford CSR's, every work order, every reimbursement check stub, etc.

Being a Mustang Enthusiast for many years, I really like the S550...However despite being a "lucky recipient" of Ford's Customer Care "offerings" and being involved with so many warranty issues to date with my S550, I won't and don't recommend a new Ford to ANYONE.

The Quality Control & Warranty issues aren't only happening at Flat Rock for the S550, it's across the board. Google or read about any new Ford and you're going to find quite a few forums with dissatisifed customers.

I implore others to speak out as well, don't sit back and shrug it off or ignore customer satisfaction surveys if you're not satisfied with a product that you used your hard earned money to purchase!

Hell, if Henry Ford were alive today, even he'd be embarrassed of modern day Ford...and probably buy a Toyota too...

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
I literally have a folder that is now 2" thick full of Ford Service Center work order repairs for my 2016 EB Premium PP, that I bought new in Dec. 2015. The car has only 23k miles on it...

My 1994 Cobra, I am the 2nd owner and I have owned it for nearly 12+ years now, of which as 143k miles on it has had NO quality or driveline issues under my ownership OR prior to my ownership (based on prior OASIS).

I find that F'n amazing and ridiculous in the sense that I bought a brand new Mustang and it's had multiple warranty issues in less than 2 years of ownership AND in far less accrued miles.

Want a laugh? I have actually driven nearly every single Ford product as loaners more than I have driven my own damn 'new' vehicle during my ownership. In fact and no BS, my "free Sirius Trial" had expired before I even was able to enjoy it...

I have even told the Ford CSR for my warranty case for the driveline vibe that buying my Mustang was the absolute WORST purchase I have ever made (and that's coming from a Ford owner who has now owned (19) Mustangs, (2) Broncos, (1) Explorer and a Mercury Milan), not counting numerous family member Fords. I told my CSR that Ford Quality sucks, that the new car ownership sucked and that it's ridiculous that my new vehicle spent over 1 month at a Service Center when it only had 1,900 miles on it.

Back in March 2016, I even wrote an email to Bill Ford, Fields and another high ranking Ford Staff - I did not get a single response and the email addresses were valid.

I've blasted surveys sent from Ford with totally negative responses.

Ford BUYS it's Customer Satisfaction. How do you ask? If you are a Customer that has purchased a new Ford and has contacted or involved a regional Ford CSR with an established case number - the Ford CSR's offer up the following to quell new Customers in an effort to gain their satisfaction:

1) Depending on how long a new car is "down" for warranty service, they will offer Owners who "squeak the loudest" car payment reimbursements. For instance, if your car was in the shop for nearly 3-4 consecutive weeks for warranty work, they will offer 1 month car payment back to the owner.

2) Depending on how long the new vehicle is down and severity of warranty work needed, the Ford CSR will offer the owner an extended ESP Warranty Package. Based on how much the owner is upset or "squeaks", the Ford CSR can offer certain extended warranty packages based on mileage intervals.

3) If 1 and 2 above have already been extended to the owner and the owner still has to have the car in service for an extended period, or the owner is still upset - the Ford CSR will then offer an extended Maintenance Plan to the owner. This again is done by mileage intervals and offers free oil changes, other "perks" included with the maintenance plans, etc.

Number 1 above is always the first offer to a new owner. Numbers 2 and 3 will be offered if problems persist. If the owner balks at #2 or #3 above, then the Ford CSR will say "that is all we can offer, you have X-mount of time to accept the offer, if you decline we can't offer it again or any other offer".

The above is fact... and I know first hand, because I was reimbursed (3) car payments, reimbursed (2) weeks of a loaner cost, had the Extended Warranty ESP Package added in addition to my new car warranty AND had a Maintenance Plan also added to my VIN.

I have everything extensively documented, every email correspondence with (2) Ford CSR's, every work order, every reimbursement check stub, etc.

Being a Mustang Enthusiast for many years, I really like the S550...However despite being a "lucky recipient" of Ford's Customer Care "offerings" and being involved with so many warranty issues to date with my S550, I won't and don't recommend a new Ford to ANYONE.

The Quality Control & Warranty issues aren't only happening at Flat Rock for the S550, it's across the board. Google or read about any new Ford and you're going to find quite a few forums with dissatisifed customers.

I implore others to speak out as well, don't sit back and shrug it off or ignore customer satisfaction surveys if you're not satisfied with a product that you used your hard earned money to purchase!

Hell, if Henry Ford were alive today, even he'd be embarrassed of modern day Ford...and probably buy a Toyota too...
Lemon Law? Id take advantage of it. Most states have a clause for being in the shop more than certain period of time even if for different issues.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Lemon Law? Id take advantage of it. Most states have a clause for being in the shop more than certain period of time even if for different issues.
Lemon Law is a tedious process for many owners. It's not just having Ford take the car back and they refund your money and you walk away...

Many folks had to resort BBB filings, waiting months for responses or arbitration, maybe getting a lawyer (depending on state and facts needed to press for a Lemon claim).... and

In *some* states, even after going through all of the Lemon BS, the vehicle ownwr is still penalized by having to pay Ford a "usage fee". So not only has the owner invested $X initially to buy the car, then had to deal with months of warranty bullshit, then has to deal with Lemon paperwork, phone calls OR possible lawyer fees - then they're f'd further by having to payout more $$$ for dealing with a POS product.

Oh and even better? The vehicle that was just Lemon'd gets put back into the used car pool - so someone else is going to end up with it AGAIN (proven fact).

So Lemoning, although an option, is not a simplistic or easy process for all owners.
Sponsored