OP
accel

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
The mustang does have hill assist...
Really??? I could feel it rolling back yesterday... I did switch traction on and off though.

Is hill assist always on?
Sponsored

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
It has set instructions for when it should and shouldn't work. Such as Clutch > Brake > Shift> Release Brake and then it will hold. If you don't brake it won't. Also it only really kicks in for fairly steep hills. It's on whether TC is on or not. I do believe you can turn it off in the options though.

OP
OP
accel

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
The MT82 not the best of transmissions. The shifts are not smooth at all (especially 1st to 2nd), but in my opinion its what I love about the car. I like the roughness of it...it gives the car a bit of character imo. But that is all subjective.

Also the location of the clutch is so badly placed in the s550’s, they are too far back compared to where the gas pedal is. I used to always have to sit so close to the steering wheel and it made going in and out of the car a nightmare, I thought I was going to get a hernia or something.9 A clutch pedal extender ($50) completely cured that and it made a world of difference, I can now comfortably sit more back. Even tall people reported needing this.

You should also look into getting a clutch spring assist ($20) to make the clutch a little less resistant and feel more like an old school clutch.

Although if you were going to get an AT, you could wait for the 2018s which should be coming later this year and get a new one with the 10 speed, but there will be no V6 so you can go GT. Personally I think if you are going to get a V6, you should get it in manual, it makes it so damn fun to drive. But since you are in the bay area im guessing you go to SF a lot and those hills may not be fun lol. Im in Sacramento so its all flat here haha.

You should go test drive some more, get some time inside both cars.
Is either of the engines is non interference? How bad the misshift might be?

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
Is either of the engines is non interference? How bad the misshift might be?
They both use chains so it's much less of an issue compared to belt driven timing. But the 5.0 is an interference motor. I'm not 100% on the 3.7 but from what I can find the 3.5 is interference, and the 3.7 is almost identical so I'd guess it's interference. I believe the only non-interference motor in the lineup is the 2.3L

ColdShotxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT A10 300A Base
I put 20k on my 15 V6, and now have about 1500 miles on my GT and have to agree with your statements. One thing to add is that daily playful driving in the v6 I still got 23 mpg I had no issue letting the rpm run all the time. No way I could possibly afford to drive like that in the GT. So in terms of smiles per gallon , the V6 is a faster car if that makes sense. I have to drive like a granny if I didnt want to double my gas budget.

Sponsored

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Really??? I could feel it rolling back yesterday... I did switch traction on and off though.

Is hill assist always on?
You can turn it on and off through the dash screen. It probably was on but you have to have the brake fully depressed for it to work. If not, then you will roll back.

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
I put 20k on my 15 V6, and now have about 1500 miles on my GT and have to agree with your statements. One thing to add is that daily playful driving in the v6 I still got 23 mpg I had no issue letting the rpm run all the time. No way I could possibly afford to drive like that in the GT. So in terms of smiles per gallon , the V6 is a faster car if that makes sense. I have to drive like a granny if I didnt want to double my gas budget.
I am at exactly 20.0 mpg in my GT and I drive pretty hard quite often...and I don't have to listen to a car that sounds like an old Chevy Beretta.

gov cheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7 051A Guard
Stoll hasn't decided, but I definitely did not like plain black cloth V6 interior and sounds like there's no other option.
You can go after market to get leather that will be way better than the squirrel pelts that ford uses or takeoff leather skins from GT/EB mustangs.
https://katzkin.com/sports-car
I have been eyeing these https://www.katzkinvis.com/interiorselector/uploads/1490281352K432-100 large.jpg Local to me shop quoted $1200 installed and quote of $800 to just do the front seats. msrp is high on the web site, find a local shop to give you a real quote.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Man I have leather on my V6 because it was a floor model, it has the cooling/heating things but it doesn't have the option to do it so its just a leather seat. I want cloth seats!

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
Man I have leather on my V6 because it was a floor model, it has the cooling/heating things but it doesn't have the option to do it so its just a leather seat. I want cloth seats!
Drive on out to NC, I'll trade you my black cloth seats... I haven't even farted in them yet.

Sponsored
OP
OP
accel

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
You can go after market to get leather that will be way better than the squirrel pelts that ford uses or takeoff leather skins from GT/EB mustangs.
https://katzkin.com/sports-car
I have been eyeing these https://www.katzkinvis.com/interiorselector/uploads/1490281352K432-100 large.jpg Local to me shop quoted $1200 installed and quote of $800 to just do the front seats. msrp is high on the web site, find a local shop to give you a real quote.
I'm not big leather fan. Just wanted some fancy color combos.

Grim12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
For the love of God, get the GT unless money is an issue. You will never regret it. Plus if you ever want to modify it, it's so much harder with the V6. And the brakes alone on the PP is worth it.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
That's a rare car, especially if it has the heating/cooling controls. If the harness if there you could probably just buy the heating/cooling elements for the seats. I bought a factory heating kit for a 2010 Avalanche Truck and installed them. You do need to pull the leather though. You sure it's not already installed but just not plugged into the seats? I thought all factory leather came with the heating/cooling feature already installed. I do like the heating/cooling feature, especially since I drive around with the windows down year round.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
This paragraph makes no sense.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Testdrove V6 MT and GT MT Performance Pack.

Speaking of engines, you are right, 5.0 feels just like the more powerful version of 3.7
Explain. I don't understand. A 3.7 V6 feels like a 5.0 V8 with a couple cylinders chopped off? Fundamentally any engine X that is more powerful than engine Y feels like a more powerful version of engine Y, because it is.
Sponsored