Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Whi does coyote head machining anyways ?
Sponsored

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Good luck with the build. Things like this happen when you are venturing in new territory.

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
Stock chain guides are black-colored.
The guides are black with the actual friction material is a yellow color on mine anyway.

spogshd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 convertible
Vehicle Showcase
How did this turn out in the end, what did you have to do. Hope its all good now.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Eco85

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
How did this turn out in the end, what did you have to do. Hope its all good now.
The guides are black with the actual friction material is a yellow color on mine anyway.
Left the sensor out and plugged the hole, had to get the cams and journals polished, mmr squirter deletes, installed new bearings and rings. Been good ever since, think this happened when i taped the pan for the turbo drain or possibly because it came from a wrecked car.

spogshd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Left the sensor out and plugged the hole, had to get the cams and journals polished, mmr squirter deletes, installed new bearings and rings. Been good ever since, think this happened when i taped the pan for the turbo drain or possibly because it came from a wrecked car.
which sensor did you leave out, was it the oil level sensor,if so how do you get around the low oil light staying on.

spogshd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Reason I ask i just did a dumb thing, jacked the car up on the front cross member and the jack slipped and hit my oil pan, pushed it up about an inch. I bought a new oil pan but there is no hole for the sensor so i was thinking of leaving it out.
I looked inside with a camera to see if i had room for the pickup to pump oil it looked like it did so I tried to start it, got a ticking noise then it started to run rough and lumpy like knocking. It only ran for 2mins on cold start then i turned it off asap, just hope i haven't damaged it to much. I think ive pushed the pickup into the windage try and the rod end was hitting it causing it to tap tap tap then i think the knock sensors picked up on it, thats what im hoping. Ive pulled the oil filter and had a look and there is very minor debris what I would expect for a car just run in.

OP
OP
Eco85

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Reason I ask i just did a dumb thing, jacked the car up on the front cross member and the jack slipped and hit my oil pan, pushed it up about an inch. I bought a new oil pan but there is no hole for the sensor so i was thinking of leaving it out.
I looked inside with a camera to see if i had room for the pickup to pump oil it looked like it did so I tried to start it, got a ticking noise then it started to run rough and lumpy like knocking. It only ran for 2mins on cold start then i turned it off asap, just hope i haven't damaged it to much. I think ive pushed the pickup into the windage try and the rod end was hitting it causing it to tap tap tap then i think the knock sensors picked up on it, thats what im hoping. Ive pulled the oil filter and had a look and there is very minor debris what I would expect for a car just run in.
Leave it out, light wont come on.

OP
OP
Eco85

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
which sensor did you leave out, was it the oil level sensor,if so how do you get around the low oil light staying on.
Yes oil level

Sponsored

spogshd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Cheers brotha, i just asked the question on the forum. Did you just tape it up.

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
First 2020 GT500 In Da 9z
I have the GT350 Pan on my 16 GT, And it does not have the provision for the sensor. I never got a " Low Oil Level" light. Send It!!! P.S. This is a sick build I have been following since the tear down for the swap!

OP
OP
Eco85

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
I have the GT350 Pan on my 16 GT, And it does not have the provision for the sensor. I never got a " Low Oil Level" light. Send It!!! P.S. This is a sick build I have been following since the tear down for the swap!
Thanks
Sponsored