Sponsored

Performance Pack Tires... done in under 6,700 miles...WTF?

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Right? Hell would freeze over before I let insurance spy on me.
They would only spy on me for a week or so... then THEY would cancel my insurance. That would not end well for me... :(

Far as tires, mine are cupped... they are louder than before. I need to purchase new tires at some point.
Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I went to the track twice in mine (for about 3.5 hours of track time), and they died at around 10K miles in the rear and 15-18K up front.

Some kinda uneven wear up front, though. Think I may need a toe adjustment.

I thought that was terrible, but it sounds like it's better than some of you guys have done. Kinda surprising.

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
I killed my stock pirellis both front and rear in 11k. Switched over to MPSS and have over 19k on these with about half tread up front and maybe another 1k on the rear if im lucky. Way better tread life and WAY better performance wet and dry.
*Note I've driven harder on the mpss than I ever did stock tires due to better grip (and familiarity with the car) and they still have lasted twice as long.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Im gonna try my first ever line lock ever with my worn out P-zeros. Should be fun hehehe
Back in 2012, a Mustang forum guy decided to do that when the tires on his BPP car were shot and he was getting his tires replaced the next morning. He went to a deserted parking lot with his camera to record the event.

And he recorded his car burning to the ground.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I killed my stock pirellis both front and rear in 11k. Switched over to MPSS and have over 19k on these with about half tread up front and maybe another 1k on the rear if im lucky. Way better tread life and WAY better performance wet and dry.
*Note I've driven harder on the mpss than I ever did stock tires due to better grip (and familiarity with the car) and they still have lasted twice as long.
MPSS = Michelin Pilot Super Sports?

By your description I'm intrigued. How is the ride quality?

Sponsored

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
MPSS = Michelin Pilot Super Sports?

By your description I'm intrigued. How is the ride quality?
The tires are night and day better in performance. In terms of ride quality i have plenty of issues with the crappy suspension Ford have us but I don't remember any change over the stock pirellis

abuch91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I got somewhere in the high teens ~17-20k miles out of mine somehow. And that was back when I was dailying it.

maddawg57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Premium PP GT
Im gonna try my first ever line lock ever with my worn out P-zeros. Should be fun hehehe
Just make sure you don't shred them n toast your quarter panels, or we will have a new post to view WILL THIS BUFF OUT.

Sponsored

A7X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Black Silver Stripes
Yeah, I did this purposely to keep myself in check. When I was younger, nothing short of divine providence kept me from killing myself in a car.

So as a father of 3, and this being my first "muscle" car, I wanted to incentivize myself to stay safe.
makes sense. I can relate

I got my GT for the effortless power in regular driving. Not for burnouts etc.

Plus in Ontario if we are caught going 50 km/h faster than the posted limits (35 mph over?) the car gets impounded

A7X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Black Silver Stripes
Back in 2012, a Mustang forum guy decided to do that when the tires on his BPP car were shot and he was getting his tires replaced the next morning. He went to a deserted parking lot with his camera to record the event.

And he recorded his car burning to the ground.

HOLY CRAP! any more to this story?

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Some dealers have been replacing them under warranty, I remember reading about on this fourm. Stock P-Zeros are crap. Mine lasted less then 3k with no burn outs or track use.

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Performance Package
Yup I hit 9k miles in mine. The fronts were still pretty great but I pulled all 4 anyways. Fuck em', we're gonna see how long Michelin Pilot Super Sports last me.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Tire Wear

Heck if its me driving 3000 miles and they are toast. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:cheers:

Everything depends on how hard you drive. Cornering, Burnouts, etc ..
;)
Sponsored