Anyone track their 350R at AMP?

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
That would be awesome! When is your R due?
Dunno. They can not tell me. Built on Mar 1, out and back for stripes March 30/31. Sitting waiting on transport since. Can't get any updates, other than "waiting". Supposedly just waiting on rail car assignment since Mar 31. :headbonk::crazy:

I even got a video from someone showing it on Mar 1st waiting to go for stripes.

OP
OP
SVTDSM

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Dunno. They can not tell me. Built on Mar 1, out and back for stripes March 30/31. Sitting waiting on transport since. Can't get any updates, other than "waiting". Supposedly just waiting on rail car assignment since Mar 31. :headbonk::crazy:

I even got a video from someone showing it on Mar 1st waiting to go for stripes.
Well it's gotta be close at this point. :ford:

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
Yeah, should be just a rail ride away from ATL. Just called my sales guy and FP. Both can only tell me to wait some more. No status. :shrug:

EDIT: Fast forward a few weeks, my R arrived. HR303. Now at 130 miles toward break in. Cant get to AMP today. Am hoping the weather report clears for Monday. If so, I am there for a sound check. I think it will squeak by. Will also report back.

Last edited:

Rusmarti

rusmarti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Ruby Red, Blk Roof, no stripes
I ran my R today at AMP with no sound violation issues. One guy in a GT500 with an aftermarket exhaust however was black flagged due to sound. An onsite shop installed temporary baffles that allowed him to continue until one of them dislodged leading to a second black flag (they fixed it and he was again allowed to continue). I share the GT500 experience to point out that they were monitoring the db levels and GT350s are okay at this track. I also spoke to another R owner today who said he had run at AMP 3 times with no sound issues.

Sponsored

Rusmarti

rusmarti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Ruby Red, Blk Roof, no stripes
In response to Joe's Post #5

You are correct on T11, that is until I followed a suggestion for a late turn in which solved the problem--no more chewing on the R's front splitter.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
What?

Cant hear you

Yeah motortrend indicated it was at 104db when they did the testing at Laguna Seca, but I guess they get special privileges when it comes to testing there.

Over 100db is crazy loud for sure, its permanent hearing loss after 10 minutes of constant exposure loud :D

AKA, if you have an R or 350 with aftermarket exhaust, you really need hearing protection on track unless you don't mind going deaf :D
Sponsored