Sponsored

Anyone track their 350R at AMP?

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Reason I ask is cause I fear The R or even a gt350 might be at, or over the 98db [MENTION=27928]50[/MENTION] feet sound limit. There were R's there for the Ford Performance Track Tour, but who knows if they were a little more lenient for that event. Also they were only using a portion of the track so maybe that was a factor.
Sponsored

FogcitySF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E90 M3 | GT350R | Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I run quite regularly at NCM which is 103db at 50 feet and have never been black flagged. 104-105db is crazy loud!
Yeah motortrend indicated it was at 104db when they did the testing at Laguna Seca, but I guess they get special privileges when it comes to testing there.

Over 100db is crazy loud for sure, its permanent hearing loss after 10 minutes of constant exposure loud :D

AKA, if you have an R or 350 with aftermarket exhaust, you really need hearing protection on track unless you don't mind going deaf :D

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
I think another issue will be T11 and the front splitter at the apex if you're really pushing the car.

Sponsored

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
Check out [MENTION=19556]tdzee[/MENTION]. He drives an R and is a member at AMP

Etchhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
With regards to sound how lounge would it be in quiet mode under same conditions?

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I don't have a 350/R but my S550 with a Solo Performance exhaust doesn't kick off the meters. If you have headers, yes - you're going to be screwed unless you Supertrapp your tail pipe or something. The areas where the mics are don't seem to be a high RPM area (from what I've been able to pull from people there, they try to keep these secret it seems like) and if you do have an issue they will tell you to let off in certain areas or get the boot. I don't know what those areas are because I haven't been told to let off. I have seen a GT350 there and he was just as loud as me and wasn't flagged. Also, there is often a GT500 made into a track car there and his is louder than my car by a bit, no flags.

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
Was there for the July event and was told the Rs turned right at 98 dB during the AMP Track Day (which is the track limit). Sadly I sold my 16R prior to driving it hard there to get a certain answer re sound level. My 17R arrives soon, and I am also curious to know (if I have a big problem, major bummer if I can't drive it there :doh: ).

Have hosted friends there driving non-R 350s with no trouble (re sound level). If you are going in the short term, pls advise the outcome. Thanks :headbang:

PS EDIT: last year, I tried to host a day at AMP for those who wanted to run there. Sadly, I sold my 16R not long after I got it. I am still interested in doing so, if there is enough interest. Note I am a member there and have nothing to gain hosting a group. I do not collect the money. FWIW

Last edited:
OP
OP
SVTDSM

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Was there for the July event and was told the Rs turned right at 98 dB during the AMP Track Day (which is the track limit). Sadly I sold my 16R prior to driving it hard there to get a certain answer re sound level. My 17R arrives soon, and I am also curious to know (if I have a big problem, major bummer if I can't drive it there :doh: ).

Have hosted friends there driving non-R 350s with no trouble (re sound level). If you are going in the short term, pls advise the outcome. Thanks :headbang:

PS EDIT: last year, I tried to host a day at AMP for those who wanted to run there. Sadly, I sold my 16R not long after I got it. I am still interested in doing so, if there is enough interest. Note I am a member there and have nothing to gain hosting a group. I do not collect the money. FWIW
Music city mustang club is hosing an event there May 26-27th, and it's a great deal at only $199 a day, or $175 for club members so I think I'll give it a shot.

If you do end up hosting a day at AMP, I'd attend. Might even be able to get one or two others to join us as well. Keep me posted.

Sponsored

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
With regards to sound how lounge would it be in quiet mode under same conditions?
No difference because once you go wide open throttle in normal mode the exhaust flaps open anyways. Normal exhaust mode is only quiet when driving normally.

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Music city mustang club is hosing an event there May 26-27th, and it's a great deal at only $199 a day, or $175 for club members so I think I'll give it a shot.

If you do end up hosting a day at AMP, I'd attend. Might even be able to get one or two others to join us as well. Keep me posted.
Will keep you in mind. My hope was to get my R broke in and hold an event. I can host up to about 10 guys for a day. It will be $250 for the day, paid to the club, not me. Good luck if you go to the Mustang event later this month. Hopefully, I can be there on Saturday to meet some folks. :headbang:

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
No difference because once you go wide open throttle in normal mode the exhaust flaps open anyways. Normal exhaust mode is only quiet when driving normally.
I assume no one has solved how to change the program (via Forscan, etc) to keep it closed at WOT. If I am over the sound level, it will be just by a bit. Was hoping that closing the flapper at WOT would be just enough to get by.

TheDeadCow

Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
I have a bone stock non-R and I used some plugs from McMaster when I ran at AMP. They had a 96db limit and the car passed.

Now I doubt we're talking about the same AMP, I'm talking about Arizona Motorsports Park. I suppose there's really no difference since they sound check the cars the same way (50ft away).

link to the plugs:
https://www.mcmaster.com/#5117t31/=17gry1j

OP
OP
SVTDSM

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Will keep you in mind. My hope was to get my R broke in and hold an event. I can host up to about 10 guys for a day. It will be $250 for the day, paid to the club, not me. Good luck if you go to the Mustang event later this month. Hopefully, I can be there on Saturday to meet some folks. :headbang:
That would be awesome! When is your R due?
Sponsored