Sponsored

Used S550 GT values

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 401A with Active Exhaust
^ I've been in the market for a few months. Yes, this is all correct. I don't include tax or anything but as a general rule, I'm seeing 30k as being able to get a very nice lightly used S550 premium with Auto and 20'' wheels with Nav. 401A shouldn't be too far off that but what I described is just what I'm looking for. Check out Tru Car
Sponsored

ohmsmcgee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
11 Raptor, 15 GT-PP, 16 RZR XPT
Just picked up a black 15 GT PP, 6spd, navi, heated/cooled red leather seats, backup cam, pretty much everything except the 401a pack with 22k miles for $29k in Arizona. That was the cheapest one I could find after about a 3 month search looking for the exact car.

OP
OP
turbofiveoh

turbofiveoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I appreciate the continued discussion here. It's extremely helpful in calibrating to what the I'm looking for 'should' cost.

Eschatts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cali Special
My GT/CS with 401A and automatic tranny with 8100 miles on it was 33700

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red
There is a section on pricing fyi.

Sponsored

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
"Fair price"??????

There is no such thing as a "fair price". You want to spend $0, and anyone selling a car wants $1,000,000,000.00 for it.

Get one as cheap as you possibly can. Kelly Blue Book is a good place to start, then go much lower.
Lol wow, great advice. Glad you chimed in.
Your "example" has zero relevance to real world

OP if this helps i paid 27 for my 15 Gt 401a premium non PP 6mt with 7k miles

I had a deal worked for same money from different dealer on a 16 with same miles and options but was orange and I wasn't feeling it.

Dealer was below blue book but also gave me a little below book on my tundra.i feel I got a decent deal and that's what matters to me.

offcamber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic GT - Premium/PP
Mustang depreciation runs approximately 24% after the first year and about 9% in the second. Average mileage should be below 10k per year when looking for the best deal.

Example: 2015 GT with a $40,000 MSRP would be a good deal at $27,000 + tax, tag & title.

Private sales are usually the best deals as you can haggle and avoid dealer fees.
If you want a "certified" car then Ford dealers are your best bet.

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
^^^ very true

One thing I considered too was taxes. In Texas I think it's 6.25%?
By trading in my truck I saved a bunch on taxes. Helped further by having positive equity in truck.

I believe I read somewhere that years 2-5 are best years so to speak to own a car if you're worried about depreciation.

OP
OP
turbofiveoh

turbofiveoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
OP if this helps i paid 27 for my 15 Gt 401a premium non PP 6mt with 7k miles

I had a deal worked for same money from different dealer on a 16 with same miles and options but was orange and I wasn't feeling it.

Dealer was below blue book but also gave me a little below book on my tundra.i feel I got a decent deal and that's what matters to me.
Mustang depreciation runs approximately 24% after the first year and about 9% in the second. Average mileage should be below 10k per year when looking for the best deal.

Example: 2015 GT with a $40,000 MSRP would be a good deal at $27,000 + tax, tag & title.

Private sales are usually the best deals as you can haggle and avoid dealer fees.
If you want a "certified" car then Ford dealers are your best bet.
^^^ very true

One thing I considered too was taxes. In Texas I think it's 6.25%?
By trading in my truck I saved a bunch on taxes. Helped further by having positive equity in truck.

I believe I read somewhere that years 2-5 are best years so to speak to own a car if you're worried about depreciation.
The data points you guys are sharing are extremely helpful in establishing that KBB, in this case, is pretty accurate in terms of pricing. I am finding that most sellers are pricing the car as a function of intrinsic value + extrinsic value.

When it comes to dealers, I prefer to buy from private party. It's been my experience that most sales folks at dealerships don't know the inventory well and certainly don't know the story behind the car. Owners, good ones anyway, know everything about the car and tend to be pretty honest about sharing that history, good or bad.

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
I paid $36.8K 0 miles for the following options:

401A
Auto & Premium
Enhanced Security Package
3.55 ratio
Reverse sensing system
voice- Nav