Sponsored

Used S550 GT values

turbofiveoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hello.

I'm looking to get into an S550 and have been shopping around for a fully loaded V8 premium/PP car with 401A. I found a 2016 with 5K miles on it and am wondering what a fair market price would be. In looking online the values seem to be all over the place with sellers asking between 30K and 38K depending upon color and mileage.

Any advice on what a fair price would be for such a car?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
"Fair price"??????

There is no such thing as a "fair price". You want to spend $0, and anyone selling a car wants $1,000,000,000.00 for it.

Get one as cheap as you possibly can. Kelly Blue Book is a good place to start, then go much lower.

Polax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
16' DIP blue GT premium pp
I'm picking up a used deep impact blue premium pp on Friday it's not a 401a I don't believe but I was able to make a deal for 30k out the door it does have 16k miles on it. But sticker on a new one is about 40k so I'm happy to save some money on a clean used car. I had to search for it though the car is 4 hours away from me that's why I have to wait until Friday to go pick it up.

kornflake7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Always depends on options and color and how long the dealer has had it. I bought my 2015 premium/pp with recaros with 10k miles about 2 months ago for $31k out the door.

OP
OP
turbofiveoh

turbofiveoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
"Fair price"??????

There is no such thing as a "fair price". You want to spend $0, and anyone selling a car wants $1,000,000,000.00 for it.

Get one as cheap as you possibly can. Kelly Blue Book is a good place to start, then go much lower.
Clearly there is going to be a bid/ask gap, but generally there isn't going to be a sale if I want to spend $0 and the seller wants to get $1,000,000,000.00.

If I came on here and said I just spent 39K on a 2015 with 100K miles would the general consensus be that I underpaid or overpaid? My point is that the market has a general sense of what the car should be worth outside of the KBBs and NADAs.

If you consult KBB the estimated value of the aforementioned vehicle is roughly 32K. If you consult NADA the estimated value is $35.5K...quite a spread. The buyer, notionally, will start at 29 and work his way 32 and the seller will start at 38 trying to work to 36...hardly the recipe for a successful transaction.

Let me ask it a different way...what would people here be willing to pay for the car described in the first post?

Sponsored

Bill-O

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Ruby Red Premium
Hello.

I'm looking to get into an S550 and have been shopping around for a fully loaded premium/PP car with 401A. I found a car with 5K miles on it and am wondering what a fair market price would be. In looking online the values seem to be all over the place with sellers asking between 30K and 38K depending upon color and mileage.

Any advice on what a fair price would be for such a car?

Thanks!
The year of the car would be helpful. :)

OP
OP
turbofiveoh

turbofiveoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm picking up a used deep impact blue premium pp on Friday it's not a 401a I don't believe but I was able to make a deal for 30k out the door it does have 16k miles on it. But sticker on a new one is about 40k so I'm happy to save some money on a clean used car. I had to search for it though the car is 4 hours away from me that's why I have to wait until Friday to go pick it up.
Always depends on options and color and how long the dealer has had it. I bought my 2015 premium/pp with recaros with 10k miles about 2 months ago for $31k out the door.
Thanks! Both are good data points. Dealer prices in my areas are quite a bit higher to start. Did you find the same thing and negotiate your way down? Nearby dealers (500 mile radius) are asking 33ish for low mileage (<15K) 2015/2016 cars before TTL. Out the door would be in the 36 range.

Davepurp

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I got my 2015 401A Performance Pack Premium for under 32 out the door from the cars original ford dealer, Had 2200 Miles on it. I remember seeing similar 2016 cars for 36k or so with a few more miles than mine. I also bought it on Halloween in Connecticut just before the snow started flying

Time of year will always play into cars final sale price at least around here anyway

Sponsored

Polax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
16' DIP blue GT premium pp
Mine is a 2016 and the dealer had it priced at 28.5k starting. I'm also buying it from a Volkswagen dealership not sure if that makes a difference. The car is certified clean car fax one owner.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
OP, as someone who sold their 5.0 earlier this year, it comes down to how much the seller is willing to lose. If they did not care and wanted to trade in they could go to a stealership. Or they can post online deal with tire kickers and get the most from his/her money.

Stealership offered me $15k for my 25k mile '13 GT.
I sold it off craigslist for $24k, I miss it :(. My bike is holding me over till I find that Orange Viper.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I priced mine out on Blue Book just to see what it's worth after owning it a few months and it was like $32k. Sticker was $44,500. It's 401a, nav, 20in wheels, adaptive cruise control, reverse parking, enhanced security.....with only 2800 miles. I figured it would be worth more, and I guess it probably is, just not according to the Blue Book. It all depends on the seller. I wouldn't pay over $32k unless it was VERY low mileage and fully loaded, even then I wouldn't go much over $32k. You should be able to find a 401a car for around $30k or so.

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red
Timing and location matter.

Got mine with all the goodies for 29.5k in December. Well all but navigation.

OP
OP
turbofiveoh

turbofiveoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Great info here, guys...thanks for all of the input.

It sounds like a 30K-32K are what most of you have paid/are paying for an equivalent car.
Sponsored