jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
So I have hit a small snag. A couple of days ago I took my car in to the dealer for some warranty work. The trunk has been misaligned since the day I bought it and I figured now would be a good time to get it fixed. Much to my surprise the dealership pointed out that my passenger door was also misaligned. Upon opening the door much to my horror we discovered that the car had been previously worked on and I was not told about this previous damage when I bought the car. It appears the door skin was replaced and was poorly misaligned. The body shop that I love and trust appear in Sacramento has quoted me over $3500 to do the repair correctly. Now the question is if I'm going to be able to get the dealership that sold me the car to pay for it. It had a clean Carfax and the salesman and I have known each other for years (since I was around 4) and he was stunned when I told him what we found. Here's hoping I can resolve this quickly and the dealership that I bought this from will do the right thing and pay for the repairs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
And the parts keep piling up (and the money keeps flowing out the door)...ordered Steeda alignment kit that works with BMR CB005 kit and four new IRS subframe to chassis bolts.

Here is hoping to a clean and simple install (probably just jinxed it by writing this)

Sponsored

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Update:

Tomorrow I receive my BMR SP080 springs and I look forward to installing them (hopefully this weekend)

Now some of you may know I had an issue with my passenger door being out of alignment. What started out as a simple, door is out of alignment problem, turned into a long battle with the dealership I bought the car from. However, after a month and a half, I have gotten the dealership to pay for the repairs since they screwed up in the beginning. All in all, my passenger door, front cowl panel, and related parts are being replaced. Initial estimate was $4,500 for this but it is probably going to be more since it might take more time for the shop to properly blend the paint on the entire passenger side. I also was able to receive $500 transportation allowance (Lift, Uber, Public transport, etc.).

Next major repair will be getting the trunk re-aligned with the rear bumper since that was screwed up from the factory (ford already approved this repair under warranty)...but I am hoping to see if I can talk ford into letting me have a premium bumper and I'll pay for the difference for the valance and bumper price)

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
The car is now in the body shop for the next three weeks to fix the passenger side door. This has to do with a previous repair done by the Ford dealer that I bought it from and the poor job they did. Thankfully after going back and forth with them for over 2 months, they agreed to pay for the repairs. Unfortunately for me, this involves being without the car for thee weeks. Unfortunately for the dealer, this means shelling out around 5k for the repairs.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Final Stance of car after install of springs and shocks

Stance after installing BMR SP080 springs and Koni Yellows. Love how it handles. I plan on getting BMR's sway bars and adjustable vertical links. My only wish with the BMR springs is that they came in the hammertoe finish or black...something more subtle in color than red. Other than that, they are fantastic.
IMG_0915.jpg

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Stance after installing BMR SP080 springs and Koni Yellows. Love how it handles. I plan on getting BMR's sway bars and adjustable vertical links. My only wish with the BMR springs is that they came in the hammertoe finish or black...something more subtle in color than red. Other than that, they are fantastic.
Nice, is that combo of the Koni Yellows/ BMR SP080s comparable to the Ford PP setup or is it more bang for your buck? I haven't upgraded passed the shocks/struts as I want to do LCA bearings and knuckle bearings first.

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Nice, is that combo of the Koni Yellows/ BMR SP080s comparable to the Ford PP setup or is it more bang for your buck? I haven't upgraded passed the shocks/struts as I want to do LCA bearings and knuckle bearings first.
It's hard to say. The FPP is a great package for the price point, but this setup allows adjustability. So I would say more bang for the buck. I got lucky and got the Joni's for 640 during a sale at RDP store and the Springs for 185

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Got the car back last Wednesday. Drove down to Los Angeles to see the family over the weekend. Tonight, installed my e-brake boot. Interior is pretty close to being where I would like it to be.
IMG_0938.jpg
Sponsored