Sponsored

How's this price look?

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
A dealership has a 2017 EBPP in black with security package and M6 going for 25,900. With college rebate it would take it down to 25,400. Pretty good rate for a new EBPP? They even offered to pay us to even drive up there and look at it.

Only trade off is they aren't wanting to entirely meet us on trade in value which is my only thing holding me back from picking it up.
Sponsored

richtor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Seperate purchase and trade negotiations. What's msrp of the vehicle and current rebates?
If you can get 2k less than msrp plus rebates you will have good deal imo. Ex, 28.7k minus 2k minus 1.5k in rebates. Which would make 25.2k my purchase price goal. Once you agree on price then negotiate on trade value.

OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seperate purchase and trade negotiations. What's msrp of the vehicle and current rebates?
If you can get 2k less than msrp plus rebates you will have good deal imo. Ex, 28.7k minus 2k minus 1.5k in rebates. Which would make 25.2k my purchase price goal. Once you agree on price then negotiate on trade value.
MSRP optioned is just a tad higher than your example. I'd say pricing is right on there. And I feel it's a good deal for a Perf package. They just don't want to move on trade and the bank basically told them to kick rocks lol.

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
I found a left over 2016 EBPP that lists for $35+ for only $26900, so it all depends on what you want I guess.
I had the misfortune of buying a 2015 GT Premium and had to sell 5 months into it. After that, I've decided my next purchase will be used. I'll let someone else take the depreciation.

offcamber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic GT - Premium/PP
I had the misfortune of buying a 2015 GT Premium and had to sell 5 months into it. After that, I've decided my next purchase will be used. I'll let someone else take the depreciation.
You are on to something. Depreciation is approx 24% after the first year.

Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sadly not in the midwest though :/ No one even remotely close to here comes even close to those prices. Here they treat you as though you should be on your knees begging to even get the factory rebates. The dealership who sponsors our local club which is the largest by far, and is very close friends with my brother refused to budge from MSRP. I brought up the 2k cash back and my college rebate they told me it just isn't possible. I called him out on it and he threw a massive fit. After he was done I stated, "Oh since that's such a burden...I also get X-Pricing through MCA, so be sure to add that in."

Came back with like 29,855 for a base ecoboost -.- and CUT MY TRADE by the amount of the rebates. Not only did we tell them where to shove said deal, they had the gall to call the next day and tell me they could only lock that pricing in one more day. :frusty::frusty:

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
Sadly not in the midwest though :/ No one even remotely close to here comes even close to those prices. Here they treat you as though you should be on your knees begging to even get the factory rebates. The dealership who sponsors our local club which is the largest by far, and is very close friends with my brother refused to budge from MSRP. I brought up the 2k cash back and my college rebate they told me it just isn't possible. I called him out on it and he threw a massive fit. After he was done I stated, "Oh since that's such a burden...I also get X-Pricing through MCA, so be sure to add that in."

Came back with like 29,855 for a base ecoboost -.- and CUT MY TRADE by the amount of the rebates. Not only did we tell them where to shove said deal, they had the gall to call the next day and tell me they could only lock that pricing in one more day. :frusty::frusty:
Don't waste your time with that local dealer.

Chicago isn't that far away, or go online and search inventory at dealers in your region for the car you want.

http://www.roeschford.com/new/Ford/2016-Ford-Mustang-chicago-53ba76620a0e0ae714b5c487e55669a0.htm

OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't waste your time with that local dealer.

Chicago isn't that far away, or go online and search inventory at dealers in your region for the car you want.

http://www.roeschford.com/new/Ford/2016-Ford-Mustang-chicago-53ba76620a0e0ae714b5c487e55669a0.htm
:thumbsup: Haha I spend a good part of every day doing just that lol. I've spoke with nearly 10 dealerships in the area going out to about 100 miles. I've already looked at that one from roesch. Absolutely cannot stand red or else I'd be trying lol. The other dealership in that area that sells mass quantities of mustangs had a brand new ecoboost on the lot with 5.0 and GT badges. After asking what was up with it I was told "Oh. It is a v8. We can still sell it at that price though." after popping the hood they tried telling me they actually aren't sure what motor that is. :doh:

We've actually started trying to sell privately to see if we can circumvent the issue and work with the first dealer.

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
Have you done the math on trading and seeing how you much would pay in taxes vs selling your car and having no trade and paying full taxes? If you sell for a $1k more than their trade offer, it may not be worth it. Depending on what your tax rate is.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you done the math on trading and seeing how you much would pay in taxes vs selling your car and having no trade and paying full taxes? If you sell for a $1k more than their trade offer, it may not be worth it. Depending on what your tax rate is.
If I'm in negative equity will it really matter tax wise? Dealership I will still owe about 2500. Selling outright would pretty much bring me about even.

OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I get you now. I actually thought the tax incentive was for ONLY the amount you got in the positive. Like if your note was at 15,000 and they gave 17,000 you would only get it from the 2000. I see now though after reading up a little. That helps ease me a tad bit in that area.

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
I'm no expert and someone please correct me, from my knowledge if you buy a 20,000 veh. and get 10,000 for your trade regardless what you owe, you only pay sales tax on the other 10,000. No trade, you pay taxes on the whole 20,000. Selling it out right you may need to get more to find that break even point or negotiate a trade in allowance to make it worth trading. If your tax rate is low it may not really matter, mine is 9%.

It never hurts to have the dealer run the numbers both ways and see where your at.

OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's one at my local dealer but its a 6A and security for $23599. If it interests you, I'm friends with a sales associate that I used to work with a year ago that is awesome ... let me know.

http://www.rochesterford.com/vehicle-details/2017-ford-mustang-ecoboost-n-rochester-mn-id-14730348
If that was a manual I'd bite in a heartbeat. That's my only solid requirement. Don't need a specific pack or color minus red but HAS to be a manual. :(

Now that I have a solid number from my bank for approval we know what we need for trade/purchase.

Here's the one I'm currently working on. I can get it at minimum 500 cheaper just from rebate. It's also been on lot for about 100 days, so I can wiggle it down some more.

http://www.victoryfordonline.com/new/Ford/2017-Ford-Mustang-538ead320a0e0a17159b70a17392a05a.htm
Sponsored