Boost Works Twin Turbo build progress

moddirtrcr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Still waiting on some parts to finish the kit. 8 months now and still don't have some basic parts. The comp turbos were leaking coolant and had to be sent back to comp for repairs. Didn't even run and would drop coolant out of exhaust housing and from zerk fitting. I sure would love to drive my car again. It's sat unused longer than I've used it, owned it a year and it's sat on jack stands for 8 months!!!!

Woe, eight months and still ongoing! I really feel for you and hope they get it straightened out soon. I considered using Boostworks for a kit but when I started hearing people complain about wait times and issues with fitment I decided to go another route. I know they are good guys and they are trying but that doesn't help your situation. The other issue is being so far away when you run into trouble. I live in Indiana so I decided to have Fathouse Fabrications in Martinsville build my twin set up. So far the experience with them has been great. Good people and great quality of work. Hey good luck with everything on your build.

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
I considered using Boostworks for a kit but when I started hearing people complain about wait times and issues with fitment I decided to go another route.
and this is the part i hate seeing. sorry you had to go with someone else.:(

moddirtrcr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Yes its unfortunate, but I am in good hands. You cant beat having a very reputable shop like Fathouse build you a kit and be 30 minutes away from your house as well. Obviously BW can produce a kit which will work great. I know it has be difficult to build multiple kits by hand without having the car present for fitment. I am sure they will get it together.

pwny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Man, I'm really sorry to hear that. It's been up 3/4 of the time you've owned it! I mean, that's common in Michigan but only because our weather is shit. Not because you're waiting on parts. The coolant dropping out of the turbos would have me gun shy at that point alone.

Thanks for the heads up on eBoost. It's certainly a little more comforting. I'm excited for you, for when the parts finally arrive to get it all put together and running. The parts in the pictures definitely look to be of good quality. Your patience is far greater than mine however. The lack of response from BW though caused me to bail and just order a Hellion kit. Fingers crossed, the under hood temps are well remedied like they say!

Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
8 months for parts is not acceptable. I hope this gets resolved for you ASAP.

I'd be calling them every day, emailing them everyday, leaving a couple of answerphone messages every day, hell I'd even take a cheap flight to see them in person to get answers/parts. No way I'd accept that kind of BS.

Looking forward to seeing more updates when your parts come in.

OP
OP

Turbocrazed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
It has been a long journey, in fact much longer than i ever anticipated but I will say that when I do get to talk with Travis at Boostworks he does help and so far has made all attempts to right any wrong. my biggest fear was getting stuck with either no kit and no money or some kit and no money and I no longer fear that to be the case.i don't think anyone would have anywhere near that wait if ordered today as I went through some major changes to the kit. I do look forward to getting this thing done and I'm sure once I have it running and it works well I won't be thinking about the down time. As soon as I get the remaining parts I will update it here for all to see.

15dib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
It has been a long journey, in fact much longer than i ever anticipated but I will say that when I do get to talk with Travis at Boostworks he does help and so far has made all attempts to right any wrong. my biggest fear was getting stuck with either no kit and no money or some kit and no money and I no longer fear that to be the case.i don't think anyone would have anywhere near that wait if ordered today as I went through some major changes to the kit. I do look forward to getting this thing done and I'm sure once I have it running and it works well I won't be thinking about the down time. As soon as I get the remaining parts I will update it here for all to see.
Well then why don't they ship you a whole new "revised" kit and shipping for you to ship the old one back. Instead of getting certain parts refabricated to fit your existing one, get a whole new kit.

OP
OP

Turbocrazed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
I did end up with the new style of everything, that was most of the holdup. Travis does want it right. I will say that he could of pushed out the older stuff to me and I wouldnt of known the difference but he didn't. And the turbo issue isn't on him he didn't build them and hopefully this is not a sign of things to come. I did a fair bit of research and seems most are having good luck with these comps. Seems to be a perfect storm for me. Maybe it's karma!!! I must of done something wrong at some point. Gotta laugh if not I'd just go crazy.

jayvajj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Sorry man, thats hard to hear. This isn't the first time I've heard these stories with Boostworks. I can't imagine how frustrating it is and considering all the trash talking by Travis and company on competitors products you'd think he'd actually be able to deliver. I've been one of the guys waiting for the single turbo to arrive and judging by the wait times and issues on the twins I'm going another company route as well.

Sponsored

Phoenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry man, thats hard to hear. This isn't the first time I've heard these stories with Boostworks. I can't imagine how frustrating it is and considering all the trash talking by Travis and company on competitors products you'd think he'd actually be able to deliver. I've been one of the guys waiting for the single turbo to arrive and judging by the wait times and issues on the twins I'm going another company route as well.
care to give any examples of the trash talking by him on competitor products?

another guy on here has waited nearly 15? 16? months for a competitor's twin turbo kit.

another shop had my buddys car IN THEIR SHOP for 18 months trying to work out tuning bugs on their kit, which he ended up ripping off and going with a boostworks kit.

jayvajj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
They were everywhere. Seems he was told to play nice to the other paying vendors by site admins and most if not all the posts were deleted/edited.

Phoenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They were everywhere. Seems he was told to play nice to the other paying vendors by site admins and most if not all the posts were deleted/edited.
so you dont have any examples. cool. delete your post and ill delete mine.

jayvajj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
moving along

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
and this is the part i hate seeing. sorry you had to go with someone else.:(
care to give any examples of the trash talking by him on competitor products?

another guy on here has waited nearly 15? 16? months for a competitor's twin turbo kit.

another shop had my buddys car IN THEIR SHOP for 18 months trying to work out tuning bugs on their kit, which he ended up ripping off and going with a boostworks kit.
so you dont have any examples. cool. delete your post and ill delete mine.
You clearly work for them...care to comment on what's going on? lol
Sponsored