Anyone use the CG Lock?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
No experience with the CG lock, but sliding the seat back, locking the stock belt tight and then sliding the seat forward is good enough for me on the street, but at the track or autox it just is not reliable enough with how squishy the factory seats are and how much they move. I'd be OK for a while, the suddenly a G force shift would pop me loose. Then I'm all flailing around holding on to the steering wheel for dear life.

So, harness FTW, and if I know I'm going for a "spirited" drive I'll up switch to the harness. For the average sporty drive the seatbelt back/forward trick works well enough.

Better seats are a good idea, but thousands for recaros vs a couple of bills for the harnesses, which do an amazing job.
Yeah I want a Schroth Quickfit.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm thinking of trying a seat belt locking/adjusting clip since CG-Lock won't work for the S550 as it sits.

https://www.amazon.com/Seat-Belt-Lo...qid=1495866681&sr=8-8&keywords=seat+belt+lock
Can confirm, these are a huge improvement. Holds you in the seat very firmly like a harness, with the exception of your upper body. It still allows you to drive with 'light hands' and not be holding onto the wheel tight to keep yourself situated. Very worthwhile and you can keep it in the car.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Can confirm, these are a huge improvement. Holds you in the seat very firmly like a harness, with the exception of your upper body. It still allows you to drive with 'light hands' and not be holding onto the wheel tight to keep yourself situated. Very worthwhile and you can keep it in the car.
Hmm, that's interesting. Not sure if it was this forum or another but I know somewhere I saw someone say these are a completely different product and would not do the same as the CG Lock.

Seems like they do actually do the same thing. Certainly cheap enough to try.

Thanks for sharing.

-Emt1581

lucasmelobr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Auto
I just got a CG-Lock from Amazon. The "opening" will NOT fit the a 2016 mustang buckle, the buckle is configured differently than most cars.

But it really does not matter, I just tightened the smaller screw and just installed in on the belt. You can still pull on the belt while lowering the CG-Lock and it will hit the buckle, your lap will be as tight as you want..
The only difference is that you need to push the CG-Lock down a bit when you pull the belt up but it still works since it tops off at the buckle.

Like here:
https://www.americanmuscle.com/mustang-lock-lapbelt.html#product_pics-0

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
Alternative method:
1. Move seat back
2. Give the seat belt a quick tug to engage inertial lock
3. Move seat forward to desired snugness.
Poor mans harness right there.
Sponsored