Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

16silverbullet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
from a person who works closely with the shop. from this thread.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71315&page=19

I own 2 senior care homes, work 7 days a week 12-15+ hours a day. I know what its like to be busy and overwhelmed. As a business owner, I just don't see how you could ignore your paying customers like this. I didn't expect to get my kit 3 weeks ago like they said, or this week or the next week or even within this month. But i do expect some common courtesy, and a simple response stating...."sorry, this is why we are late and this is when we expect to be done".

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I can assure you, we aren't intentionally ignoring you. We are working non-stop between trying to fix some issues with jigs, Tx2k, and the Texas Mile. We literally have not stopped in 3 weeks. That being said, here's what's going on..

We had a fabricator mess up a jig, and built 10 sets of manifolds based on that jig. We shipped a few kits out, and got calls about fitment issues. We traced the problem back to a fab guy in the back not fully bolting down the head flange(s) before welding. It caused the manifold flange to pull in certain spots, which in turn caused it to be off by 1/4" here or there in various places. This caused contact with the vehicle in certain places. He is no longer employed here, and now we're having to fix 10 sets of manifolds. We recently finished fixing our jigs and validating the fix on a car in the shop. It went on the dyno yesterday. So, we have it figured out. Now we just have to go back and fix the other 9 sets.

Tx2K and the Texas Mile consumed us as well. In the middle of all this, I almost chopped my finger off on a saw out back. I've personally been back there fixing this stuff and coordinating with a few customers to get this stuff corrected. I apologize for the lack of office staff. I'm usually in the front answering phones, but right now, I have to be out back to fix this stuff. And we should be a little more proactive in letting you guys know what's up. The truth is we were just trying to fix the issue without having to alarm anyone.

Losing a fab guy was tough. We will get through this, and move forward. I'm sorry for not being able to get the phones, but as I said, we're working 15-16 hours a day, 7 days a week. We'll have this all sorted out in the next week or two tops. I appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Travis

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
If it makes you feel any better there are others (like myself) waiting on their whipple back orders with about the same amount of turn around time. :headbonk:
We struggle to keep up with demand. And when you have setbacks like this, it just makes it worse. Thankfully, most of our customers are cool about it.

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Following the turn out this one because I intend to pull the trigger on this next week. As I've seen before, it looks like Travis seems to really take care of his clients if this happens. If the lead time is back down though that would be great, I want to have it on before May hits. Just curious, does anyone know if it the kit will fit with the stock grill in place? I haven't seen many install pictures with the bumper back on and those that have all have aftermarket grills.
We are a growing company and going through those pains. I hate not being able to provide the service that people are used to from us. We will get better with this. We have to.

The kit will fit with the stock grill in place. We usually remove the lower grill because it looks awesome. :)

Sponsored

RARR_LS2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Ive had no luck with calling the shop. I have been following their progress for a year and purposely waited to order until they said turn around is only a few weeks. If i knew it would take months for delivery i would have waited a little longer.
I had this same issue when I ordered my Kenne Bell through them. Travis was helpful, but there was times where I could not get ahold of anyone for full weeks at a time. I called 3 times about a different issue two weeks ago and had someone write a note down for him to call me and am still waiting. Not talking shit, just want to share my experiences and assure you your not the only one.

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I had this same issue when I ordered my Kenne Bell through them. Travis was helpful, but there was times where I could not get ahold of anyone for full weeks at a time. I called 3 times about a different issue two weeks ago and had someone write a note down for him to call me and am still waiting. Not talking shit, just want to share my experiences and assure you your not the only one.
I didn't get the message. I was out for a few days week before last. Message or call me and I'll be glad to help.

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've read every post Travis has made and I haven't had the pleasure of doing business with him. YET. I will be going to BW for my engine build when the time is right. He has been very forthright with everything and I know he's working hard along with his crew. Not many companies will tell you what issues have happened so that's just another reason he'll get my business. Again, with big KITS, patience is a virtue and these things take time. You'll appreciate the time you waited when you don't have any issues with the parts you receive.

OP
OP

16silverbullet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I can assure you, we aren't intentionally ignoring you. We are working non-stop between trying to fix some issues with jigs, Tx2k, and the Texas Mile. We literally have not stopped in 3 weeks. That being said, here's what's going on..

We had a fabricator mess up a jig, and built 10 sets of manifolds based on that jig. We shipped a few kits out, and got calls about fitment issues. We traced the problem back to a fab guy in the back not fully bolting down the head flange(s) before welding. It caused the manifold flange to pull in certain spots, which in turn caused it to be off by 1/4" here or there in various places. This caused contact with the vehicle in certain places. He is no longer employed here, and now we're having to fix 10 sets of manifolds. We recently finished fixing our jigs and validating the fix on a car in the shop. It went on the dyno yesterday. So, we have it figured out. Now we just have to go back and fix the other 9 sets.

Tx2K and the Texas Mile consumed us as well. In the middle of all this, I almost chopped my finger off on a saw out back. I've personally been back there fixing this stuff and coordinating with a few customers to get this stuff corrected. I apologize for the lack of office staff. I'm usually in the front answering phones, but right now, I have to be out back to fix this stuff. And we should be a little more proactive in letting you guys know what's up. The truth is we were just trying to fix the issue without having to alarm anyone.

Losing a fab guy was tough. We will get through this, and move forward. I'm sorry for not being able to get the phones, but as I said, we're working 15-16 hours a day, 7 days a week. We'll have this all sorted out in the next week or two tops. I appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Travis

Thanks for the response, I will try to shift this thread in a more positive direction. So 2 weeks huh? I'm so pumped, getting my MMR OPGs installed next week. My intentions were not to slam you or your company, more like a friendly nudge from one entrepreneur to another. Don't for get mine charge pipe mounts to a Holley Sniper.:cheers:

Sponsored

MidnightGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I don't have a Boost Works car, but I went to the shop because they were having a dyno day/meet for Tx2k. Super cool guys and extremely helpful. Travis even sat down and talked with me for a bit during all the festivities. This being said, I will definitely do business with them in the future because they seem to be very honest, hard workers that are overwhelmed because of their current success. Just a product of proven work. Their kits look top notch!!

Travis I had the Black VMP s550 that the pcm had a hiccup on and then we dyno'd it with crazy torque. :)

OP
OP

16silverbullet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Does anyone have any suggestions on a throttle body? My set up is in the OP. Could i get away with the stock TB?

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
Does anyone have any suggestions on a throttle body? My set up is in the OP. Could i get away with the stock TB?
Maybe see if a 350 TB will work? Probably not needed. Do the sniper intakes require an adapter plate or spacer for the stock 5.0 TB?

At your power level you'll be fine, especially with the sniper.

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
We struggle to keep up with demand. And when you have setbacks like this, it just makes it worse. Thankfully, most of our customers are cool about it.
Sorry Travis i was actually trying to let him know others are waiting from other vendors, I actually ordered my whipple from somewhere else.

OP
OP

16silverbullet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Maybe see if a 350 TB will work? Probably not needed. Do the sniper intakes require an adapter plate or spacer for the stock 5.0 TB?

At your power level you'll be fine, especially with the sniper.

A spacer in required. Its good that ford made the stock TB pretty beefy. I would like put the GT350 TB on it, I wonder if it would make much difference?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.