Sponsored

Why are you buying a 2017 GT instead of waiting?

Mickey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT Premium
I bought a 17 at 33K because the 18's are getting up into real money and if you look at the exterior fit and finish and the interior materials an 18 GT is just not worth it. A 50K GT is getting awfully close to the range of the BMW M4, Porsche Cayman S, and many other really nice cars and looks cheap and poorly built in comparison. But a PP GT premium is a hell of a guilt free toy when it is priced right.

LowcountryMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
if you look at the exterior fit and finish and the interior materials an 18 GT is just not worth it.
Could you elaborate? By exterior fit do you mean you didn’t like the design? Also, putting 2k price difference btw 17-18 aside, didn’t the interior materials remain the same or in the case of 401A actually have higher quality leather used than previous generations 401A trim?

GNN60GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1 20 F250 6.7 20 Explorer
Could you elaborate? By exterior fit do you mean you didn’t like the design? Also, putting 2k price difference btw 17-18 aside, didn’t the interior materials remain the same or in the case of 401A actually have higher quality leather used than previous generations 401A trim?
With the discounts now its a lit more then a 2k difference...i paid 32k before tax on a new gt premium auto last month..same car in an 18 would have been over 7k more..

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
1. $7K off
2. Didn't want the added tech' of DI
3. Wanted to do custom suspension and wanted a manual, so the magnetic shocks and 10 speed did nothing for me
4. Grabber Blue
5. Looks
6. $7K off NOW
7. Grabber Blue
8. I'm impatient
9. $7K off

Sponsored

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
You mean this one? Heck NO. But I bet it would be a hit at any Taco Bell, On the Border or Chillis. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't get me wrong I love the classic look of a Dodge Challenger but would never buy a green or purple one ever. Blue or Black, heck maybe a Red one.
I would have died of happiness if Ford offered a color like Plum Crazy. Absolutely love it.

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
My 15 was hit at a redlight and totaled. I bought a 17 because out of everything i test drove I still liked my mustang best and honestly think the 18 front is fugly so I went with a 17 in lightning blue.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I bought a 17 at 33K because the 18's are getting up into real money and if you look at the exterior fit and finish and the interior materials an 18 GT is just not worth it. A 50K GT is getting awfully close to the range of the BMW M4, Porsche Cayman S, and many other really nice cars and looks cheap and poorly built in comparison. But a PP GT premium is a hell of a guilt free toy when it is priced right.
Agreed. I'm looking at base PP right now for $31,300 with 0% for 60 + tax/lic.
I think it's doable for that new but just barely.

I don't care what anybody says. I've owned 3 Mustangs GTs and 2 Camaros and they're fast and fun. But my $19K Jetta 1.8 feels like its better built all around and more solid than all of them. The Jetta has a damn THUD when you close the door, built like tank.

In other words, I would not be paying $40-50K for any American product. They're bargain V8 speed when the price is right.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I would have died of happiness if Ford offered a color like Plum Crazy. Absolutely love it.
Amen! The Plum Crazy is the easily the best color! And I'd take frog green if th price is right. I like frogs! :cheers:

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
The dealers where I live are cutting some really good deals on 2017 GT PP, I'm tempted instead of waiting.

Sponsored

Dreamstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT
26,595 for a brand new 2017 GT with 4 miles and the paper on the roof and hood was too good to pass up. The extra 30hp was not worth an extra 20k.

Mickey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT Premium
Don't get me wrong, the Mustang is a terrific pony car, but a pony car should be reasonably priced allowing you to forgive a lot of stuff. Ford has a world class engine and suspension that easily punches above its weight class (why the car is so much fun), but between the hard plastic on the interiors, erratic quality control on the body panel alignment, thin carpet and interior noise, etc.. is a tough sell in the 50K plus market. Hell, even comparing them against my 14' Ram diesel or my wife's Volt shows a lot of shortcomings and shortcuts taken when compared.

I guess a lot of it comes from the same basic being sold as a $22,000 stripper model all the way up to a $65,000 track monster which would be a very hard task for any design team.

ricardocabesa

STD free
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT w/PP
I have actually bought 2 '17s since June. A Lightning EB in late June and traded it for a GT w/PP 2 weeks ago.I got very good deals on both. 2 weeks ago,Ford had a 111 day supply which is nearly double the number they desire. The '18 is very appealing but not worth paying what they want,at least for me.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
1. 8K off
2. Grabber Blue
3. All options except Performance Pack - I can add everything I need there
4. It's not enough different for me to worry about the visual or technical changes

I'll admit, the 12 inch gauge cluster is pretty cool, but with the deal I got and options the car has, it didn't make sense to wait (especially since I'd been wanting Grabber Blue since '04).

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
1. 8K off
2. Grabber Blue
3. All options except Performance Pack - I can add everything I need there
4. It's not enough different for me to worry about the visual or technical changes

I'll admit, the 12 inch gauge cluster is pretty cool, but with the deal I got and options the car has, it didn't make sense to wait (especially since I'd been wanting Grabber Blue since '04).
Great minds think alike :)
Sponsored