Sponsored

SVE vs MRR GT350 wheels...

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
I think MRR wheels are made in Taiwan, SVE is made in China. That's probably where the price difference comes from. Generally speaking the Taiwan stuff is made better, but most people won't notice the difference.
Sponsored

ghostnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Fishy or simply have lower costs due to larger volume and run low margins?
800 vs 1200? That's 25% off an already sale price... Isn't that a bit too much to attribute to volume and margins? First, the volume difference cannot be that much: 1) most people don't change their wheels; 2) if they do, not all of them choose SVE - there's a ton of other choices. Second, margins cannot explain a 25% discount; that would suggest MMR is ridiculously inefficient. Which is sort of weird since MRR has been in the market for quite a while.

Occam's razor suggests two other explanations. First, they're clearing inventory. Doubtful though, since wheels aren't exactly a seasonal fad and the S550 is still the current model.

The second is that there is some difference in the manufacturing/ quality control process. This would include the type of material used, machining, and finishing (including paint).

Whether that difference is actually quantifiable is another story. Again, the disclaimer is that I own a set of M350's, and I bought them after much research. At that time, IIRC, the SVE's weren't out.

I'm not knocking on the SVE's. It's just that the difference in price is staggering, and that the SVE's price is similar to other 19'' cast wheels, vs flowformed ones.

EDIT: It seems that SVE is an Late Model Restoration exclusive brand. Looking through the options, it's interesting to note that none of their other wheels are flowformed.

Last edited:

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
I was actually chatting with Erick yesterday through your site about 6GR's and M350's. Decided to go with the M350's then was pointed in the direction of the SVE's. Now I'm debating again lol. Nothing can just ever be easy. =)
I dont work for Need 4 Speed im a different company brotha. I used to work for them I left opened up my own shop actually. More performance oriented, better machines, better guys that know fitment and product knowledge.

Just a heads up there.

ghostnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Or the other manufacturer simply running up the price because they think they can?
That could be true, but it probably isn't. The wheel market isn't exactly a cornered one. It's pretty competitive - which under econ 101 suggests that similar wheels should sell for similar prices (barring some other factor such as branding).

A cursory search at tirerack shows that 10" flowformed wheels (same size, etc) all sell for about $300 per wheel, or more. We're talking $100 less per wheel here. That is not insignificant.

The question, really, boils down to whether the difference in price is attributable to a difference in quality (and on something that matters). If it is not, then by all means the SVE's are the better deal. All I am saying is that there doesn't seem to be sufficient info to make a reasoned decision on the matter.

Sponsored

import111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
The offset is different on the Rears. 50 on the SVE's versus 55 on the others. I like the 55 offset better but I don't want to pay that much more. I am in a big dilemma.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The offset is different on the Rears. 50 on the SVE's versus 55 on the others. I like the 55 offset better but I don't want to pay that much more. I am in a big dilemma.
really stressing over 5mm? you a hardcore stance guy?

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Just save a little bit longer if you want the 55 offset. Personally I think the 55 rear matches the 40 front better than the 50 rear. As far as price, hit up [MENTION=27078]Paul@PKAUTODESIGN[/MENTION] if you want the MRRs. You might be surprised at what he can come up with.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Just save a little bit longer if you want the 55 offset. Personally I think the 55 rear matches the 40 front better than the 50 rear. As far as price, hit up [MENTION=27078]Paul@PKAUTODESIGN[/MENTION] if you want the MRRs. You might be surprised at what he can come up with.
Thanks brotha

OP
OP
chain

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
I dont work for Need 4 Speed im a different company brotha. I used to work for them I left opened up my own shop actually. More performance oriented, better machines, better guys that know fitment and product knowledge.

Just a heads up there.
Lol, sorry about that. Not sure how I mixed that up.

Sponsored
OP
OP
chain

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
Ended up ordering the SVE's in 19x10 for all 4 corners. $780 for all 4 plus lug nuts. Kind of hard to argue with that. Once I get my car and put them through their paces, I'll report on how I like them.

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
I'd be more curious how the paint holds up after a couple of years.

mikeD4V

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Here are the boxes for my SVEs, they say made by Wheel Replicas on them. I've had mine on since August and it's a DD (sun, rain, snow). So far no problems even with the DC area's rubbish roads and they balanced up with minimal weights. LMR claims a lifetime structural warranty fwiw. Don't think you could go wrong with any of the forum sponsor companies.

IMG_1463.jpg

IMG_1473.jpg

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
Ended up ordering the SVE's in 19x10 for all 4 corners. $780 for all 4 plus lug nuts. Kind of hard to argue with that. Once I get my car and put them through their paces, I'll report on how I like them.
You ever get a chance to run your car on track with the SVE's yet? I'm considering the same thing and wondering about their structural integrity being at the pricepoint they are.

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Totally unrelated to the thread but my dilemma has been tires. I'm fond of the Firehawk Indy 500 series and the MMR 350 wheels are asking for 305/30-19 I think and the Firehawks stop at 285/35 for 19's. I don't really want a 20" rim but that is a bit closer at 305/35R20.

I do like the rims. Those and some of the 5/6 spoke project 6's I think they are called. Tires always bust my rear :)
Sponsored