Sponsored

SVE vs MRR GT350 wheels...

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
Looking at picking up a 19x10 set of the GT350 style wheels. Of course SVE and MRR both have versions and the SVE's are a bit cheaper. Both seem to be of similar construction and weight. For the price difference, is there any reason to choose the MRR's over the SVE's? Note that I will be running the PP tires and wheels on the street while this set will generally be reserved for auto-x and track days. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
There's a few threads of a lot of people loving the SVEs. They're decent weight and construction from what I've read. I'm putting mine on soon. The main reason I went to SVE though is they came in 20s.

stang9779

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Performance Pack
+1 I'm going 20's as well. Also the price is great! Why pay almost twice as much for the same thing or nearly.

Last edited:

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I went with MRR because I wanted 19s and SVE hadn't released theirs in a 19 yet. I don't regret my decision at all. Also, the factory center caps work on the MRR wheels, but some modification is needed to make them fit on the SVE wheels.

Based on LMR and MRR's websites the rear offset is different in the 19x11 rear. SVE is +50mm and MRR is +55mm. Make of that what you will.

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
I loved the look of these wheels myself and went with the wheelreplica flowforged version in 20" staggered. The weight savings was a nice surprise and they look awesome.....

Sponsored

tyshenry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT w/ PP
Seems like a no brainer to me. $800 vs $1400(?) a set for a wheel that is constructed similarly and of the same weight. Quality is great on the SVE's, I am quite happy with them.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
my SVE's are arriving today!

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
i have SVE wheels and i see 0 issues and 25lbs for a 19x11 seems on point with most

OP
OP
chain

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
I am feeling like I should go with the SVE's due to price for what seems to be a very similar constructed wheel. Anyone have reason to think they wouldn't hold up well to track duty?

tyshenry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT w/ PP
I am feeling like I should go with the SVE's due to price for what seems to be a very similar constructed wheel. Anyone have reason to think they wouldn't hold up well to track duty?
Let you know soon. They are my track setup and I see no reason why they won't hold up.

Sponsored

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
I cant say much about SVE I dont carry them, but I was involved in the development of the M350 wheels their solid as a choice.

OP
OP
chain

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
I cant say much about SVE I dont carry them, but I was involved in the development of the M350 wheels their solid as a choice.
I was actually chatting with Erick yesterday through your site about 6GR's and M350's. Decided to go with the M350's then was pointed in the direction of the SVE's. Now I'm debating again lol. Nothing can just ever be easy. =)

ghostnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
I don't know if something changed, but IIRC SVE wheels were casts (flow formed), not rotary forged (flow forged).

The difference being that you are able to use less material for the same (or greater) strength. I got MMR's since roads where I'm from are deathtraps. If you've got smoother roads, or trust your ability to dodge holes, then there's no reason not to get SVE's.

Edit: I stand corrected. Flow forming is apparently the same as flow forging. If that's true, then there should be no difference. Which is slightly strange because 800 bucks for a set of semiforged 19" wheels is surely below cost... Something smells fishy.

tyshenry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT w/ PP
I don't know if something changed, but IIRC SVE wheels were casts (flow formed), not rotary forged (flow forged).

The difference being that you are able to use less material for the same (or greater) strength. I got MMR's since roads where I'm from are deathtraps. If you've got smoother roads, or trust your ability to dodge holes, then there's no reason not to get SVE's.

Edit: I stand corrected. Flow forming is apparently the same as flow forging. If that's true, then there should be no difference. Which is slightly strange because 800 bucks for a set of semiforged 19" wheels is surely below cost... Something smells fishy.
Fishy or simply have lower costs due to larger volume and run low margins?

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
I'd go SVE. My "cut to size" MRR wheels are a little too tight on the bore and are a bitch to get on and off, and what I originally thought was the tire shop doing wrong turned out to be sloppy hub boring from them.
Sponsored