armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I have a 1 piece DSS aluminum. When I first installed it I had horrendous vibrations above around 70mph - to the point I was going to remove it. Instead I removed the diff lockout kit I had installed and all vibration when away.

The only remaining nvh is possibly a little move 'thud' in 1st gear. That's it. Nothing once at speed.
Diff lock out kit? The bushing insert kit?
Sponsored

NWFreerider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2016 Silver GT PP
I have the DSS carbon fiber.
No increase in NVH. Smooth as butter up to 130 (fastest I have been at the track)
Less slop and definitely quicker acceleration which was the goal of going carbon fiber.
Car has billet vertical links, rear sub frame braces, and Steeda IRS bushings.

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I have an aluminum one, while I like how I could feel the reduced mass I don't think I'd do it all over again. Nvh sucks. Don't believe people telling you "theirs" didn't get any additional nvh. They all do add nvh, some people are just oblivious to it and not as sensitive. The nvh comes from a poor fixed stock s550 pinion angle from what I've been told by a few vendors.
When I installed mine I did pick up a little NVH around 70MPH. I have all the IRS goodies and alignment stuff and I know the DS is installed correct so thanks to BMR's suggestion I tried correcting my pinion angle.

I shimmed my trans cross-member down .125 and my NVH is gone. DS is smooth at all speeds.

Thanks BMR for the great advice.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
Interesting. Are you on stock motor mounts or lowered?

Sponsored

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Typical shim
image.jpg

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
All 4

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I would assume a washer would work too?

Did you place this on all four bolts or just the the rear ones?
I washer will work, but you need to consider the bracket's original contact point. You want the area/diameter of the original contact point (pressure point) to be replicated with a spacer as much as possible to avoid the bracket migrating or twisting. Those spacers basically increase the surface area of the "spaced pressure point". A washer - unless it's a big washer - might not offer the same benefit.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I washer will work, but you need to consider the bracket's original contact point. You want the area/diameter of the original contact point (pressure point) to be replicated with a spacer as much as possible to avoid the bracket migrating or twisting. Those spacers basically increase the surface area of the "spaced pressure point". A washer - unless it's a big washer - might not offer the same benefit.
Definitely, that's my plan find the proper internal diameter and a large outer diameter.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
I'm ready for a company to come out with a solution like that to just slap in there. I'm sure I'm it the only one who will buy.

NWFreerider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2016 Silver GT PP
So carbon fiber driveshafts create less nvh or stays the same as the stock driveshaft?
After having several thousand miles on my DSS cf shaft, I would say the NVH is the same or less. Definitely less slop than stock.

Grim12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
Seems like the aluminum DS are lighter than the CF ones. Is that right?
Sponsored