Vehicle(s)
2017 ShelbyGT350

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
I've seen them quite a few times around the forum on cars.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
I just installed on two days ago along with the rear seat for my R. Needed to fit a child seat in. Car is getting wrapped on the 11-15th of January. I'll post pictures up after.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
What are you guys doing for the rear?

How is the car supposed to be towed?

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
The tow hook in the link looks to be designed to work on a Mustang. I would call that a Mustang version that may resemble a ZL1 version.

Sponsored

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
The tow hook in the link looks to be designed to work on a Mustang. I would call that a Mustang version that may resemble a ZL1 version.

The company is ZL1..

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
I just installed on two days ago along with the rear seat for my R. Needed to fit a child seat in. Car is getting wrapped on the 11-15th of January. I'll post pictures up after.
Bumping this thread as I just ordered the ZL1 tow hook for my R. JN66 et al, what's the level of effort required to install? I've read that the belly pan has to be removed, but can't recall if that requires removal of the splitter as well (which would seriously suck).

Any help is much appreciated!

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Bumping this thread as I just ordered the ZL1 tow hook for my R. JN66 et al, what's the level of effort required to install? I've read that the belly pan has to be removed, but can't recall if that requires removal of the splitter as well (which would seriously suck).

I took it to a shop because I wasn't able to comfortable lift up the car where I live currently.

Didn't seem too bad, bit longer than everyone thought - putting the car back together is a bitch.

Looks beautiful though.

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350

Yes, the splitter and the belly pan need to be removed. The splitter was the hardest part to deal with. Also need to be careful with the shroud that encompasses the mounting area. And you need to find a new mounting spot for the temperature sensor, I just drilled 2 new holes in the top of the shroud and remounted it there. Actually, putting the car back together was the easiest part, taking the front apart was most of the work.

Sponsored

TheDeadCow

Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase

I've read other people had recommended removing the entire bumper instead of the splitter. The recommendation came from a person without access to a lift.

I'm interested in installing these front and back. I'm just wondering if the rear hook can be easily removed.

Good luck on your install!

:cheers:

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
The front tow hook is easily removed, just unscrew it by hand and remove it from the mount. If the rear is mounted similar, it should be just as quick and easy to remove.

Last edited:

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
I've read other people had recommended removing the entire bumper instead of the splitter. The recommendation came from a person without access to a lift.

I'm interested in installing these front and back. I'm just wondering if the rear hook can be easily removed.

Good luck on your install!

:cheers:
Thanks!

I installed my own splitter, and it was less than super fun without a lift (I didn't even have jack stands at the time). My concern are the U-shaped clips that connect the bottom of the fascia to the splitter. Those probably aren't going to be easy to remove.

TheDeadCow

Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks!

I installed my own splitter, and it was less than super fun without a lift (I didn't even have jack stands at the time). My concern are the U-shaped clips that connect the bottom of the fascia to the splitter. Those probably aren't going to be easy to remove.
Installed the splitter without jack stands? You must be a magician.

Yeah I hear those clips break if bent too much, which is why I think I'm going to avoid it all together and remove the bumper.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Front splitter is not that hard to remove. I've done it. One you feel like it's going to break, pull a little harder and it will pop loose.
Sponsored