Sponsored

Problems please help

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Shifter gets stuck sometimes in first gear sometimes when I pull off of slowly in traffic. Only comes out of gear when I rev the motor or shut the car off. When I rev the motor I can pull it out of first into neutral, when I rev it I can pull it out of gear into neutral. No grind, car drives fine when going through the gears regular driving or when I'm getting on it. Mcloud RST clutch, lightweight steel flywheel Mcleod clutch line
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Clutch sticking sounds like.
The problem with upgraded clutch is that the pressure plate might be too strong for the factory hydraulics to pull the clutch apart enough to fully disengage.
Maybe try stainless steel hoses?

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
I have the mcloud braided steel clutch line. Is that what u mean by steel hoses?

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I have the mcloud braided steel clutch line. Is that what u mean by steel hoses?
Yes. Bleed the fluid again. Some people reported you have to bleed it a couple of times to work all the air out.

Sponsored

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Took it ford. Can't replicate the problem. Shifter got stuck in Rev, 1st and 2nd sometimes not all the time. It only happens when I'm at a stand still. I noticed when it got stuck in 2nd, i had to stop quickly because someone jumped out in front of me. When i tried to put into first to get up the hill or any other gear it wouldn't move unless i hit the gas pass 2500 rpm. What is going on? anybody had this issue? Haven't had this issue until the new clutch was installed. Is it a bad synchro, clutch, fluid change, installer error? What should i tell ford to do? Their just gonna test drive it, bring it back and say they found nothing. please help

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Took it ford. Can't replicate the problem. Shifter got stuck in Rev, 1st and 2nd sometimes not all the time. It only happens when I'm at a stand still. I noticed when it got stuck in 2nd, i had to stop quickly because someone jumped out in front of me. When i tried to put into first to get up the hill or any other gear it wouldn't move unless i hit the gas pass 2500 rpm. What is going on? anybody had this issue? Haven't had this issue until the new clutch was installed. Is it a bad synchro, clutch, fluid change, installer error? What should i tell ford to do? Their just gonna test drive it, bring it back and say they found nothing. please help
Sounds like things are out of alignment when there is movement on the transmission causing something linkage binding?

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Thanks jasonstang. Does it sound more like a clutch issue or a transmission issue ? I don't know what to do at this point. Between half shafts breaking, clutch breaking, engine randomly dying( had to take it to ford for them to update the CPU software) throttle body stuck open(had to replace the throttle body)now this SMFH. Im ready to trade this shit in

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Thanks jasonstang. Does it sound more like a clutch issue or a transmission issue ? I don't know what to do at this point. Between half shafts breaking, clutch breaking, engine randomly dying( had to take it to ford for them to update the CPU software) throttle body stuck open(had to replace the throttle body)now this SMFH. Im ready to trade this shit in
Hard to say, when clutch is sticking causing load not being completely off the transmission, the dogs teeth can be too engaged to allow shifting without a lot of force.

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Im far from a gear head so I'm trying to make sure i understand everything correctly. If it was the clutch, the transmission wouldn't allow me to switch gears right? also what are signs of a bad synchro? grinding hard to get into a gear? I'm having problems getting out of a gear

Sponsored
OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
i can put the car in gear, its switching to the next while standing still

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
You can't "bleed" these clutches.

The clutch in or out doesn't affect the ability to pull the shifter out of gear only the ability to put it in.

Something is borked in your transmission or shift linkage.

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
Did you look under that car and make sure all of the shifter brackets are in place? If that is a stock shifter, it mounts to the car body as well as the tranny.

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Yes it is a stock shifter. I wouldn't even know what to look for smh. I'll look under when i get a chance. hopefully something stands out
Sponsored