Hood buffeting

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
The main reason I used the quick latch system was becuase of high speed hood flex as seen here. About halfway through the video.
Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
The main reason I used the quick latch system was becuase of high speed hood flex as seen here. About halfway through the video.
Did you do away with the factory latch, or still using it with the quick latches as redundancy?

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Did you do away with the factory latch, or still using it with the quick latches as redundancy?
Factory latch was left in place. To open the the hood I pull the factory hood release inside the car, then I push each quick latch button in and the hood will open.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I installed these Aerocatch latches on my Evo and they stopped the buffeting I had. It was also an aluminum hood. I also removed the stock latching system.

http://www.aerocatch.com/aerocatch

Sponsored

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
My car has this hood shake/buffeting at any highway speed, worse near trucks. Going to try adjusting the bumpers and see what happens. It's done this since new. Disappointing because my '11 Brembo didn't have a bit of hood shake.

tedj101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby 350GT Steeda springs, sways, camber plates, toe links etc: 14 BMW 328d
Yes, pretty common issue. Some have it at high speeds, some have it at normal driving speeds (like me, 60-70mph). Sometimes adjusting the rubber stoppers on the radiator support can help.
How do you adjust them? It's not obvious!

Thanks,
<TED>

tedj101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby 350GT Steeda springs, sways, camber plates, toe links etc: 14 BMW 328d
Screw out the two rubber bumps under the hood near the headlights a bit so everything is tight.
Mine don't seem to twist. Do you just grab them with pliers and twist?

Thanks,
<TED>

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Grab them with your hand and twist. They are threaded, just very stiff (for obvious reasons).

2017GBGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Premium GTPP w/ Recaros
I hadn't noticed this issue at all until this weekend, when i got a chance to open her up on the Phoenix/Vegas drag strip. The hood started to vibrate noticeably at about 110-120, and flexed in an extremely worrisome way at 150. I might have to get some hood pins, the hood looked like it was going to fold in half and fly off.

Sponsored

tedj101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Grab them with your hand and twist. They are threaded, just very stiff (for obvious reasons).
Thanks! Maybe I just wasnt' turning hard enough. Didn't want to break anything!

<TED>

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
This is a easy fix. Buy yourself some foam bulb tape and apply it to the hood or headlight. It solves the problem and also helps keep bugs and dirt out of the engine compartment. IMO putting it on the hood side looks better, but both work.
image.jpeg

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Who the hell is the lame ass viper driver 123. Roll racing is lame. The counter or horn beeper always gets the jump. And how the hell could the mustang guy even hear the 123 start over that shitty sounding viper.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Mine does it at normal highway speed. I'm more irritated with the way the sun reflects off of the ridges on the hood, that shit is blinding.

Anyone else hear "Buffeting.... buffeting..." in a James May voice then they read the title of this thread?
Sponsored