Turbodurbo

Pebble Beach
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derby
Vehicle(s)
Custom build in process
Are you guys doing work specificly on the gt350 : w/o track package . Can you explain what happens when the tranny evidently goes into default mode... Warranty VOID??
Sponsored

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
I'm in for knowing the temperature drop it provides.

Turbodurbo

Pebble Beach
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derby
Vehicle(s)
Custom build in process
I had inquired to if Mishimoto was developing a cooler for the new Shelby gt 350 that don't
Have the "Track Pkg"..... I got the real answer Finally today direct from Ford Performance group..... Their about 6 wks away from providing a external cooling system to resolve the overheating problem.... How this will pan out with warranty or recall .... doesn't appear to be know

5-OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Every time I romp on my auto just a tad it gets up to 205-210*+ which isn't terrible, but it stays there or just a few degrees cooler no matter how I drive so this cooler would be welcomed lower temps always means longer life.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Hey Sara, any chance of you guys working on a fix for us GT350 owners ? Thx
We would certainly look into offering one for the 350. If you know of any cars local to DE have them send me a PM.

Is the Cooler in the 50th Anniversary Limited Edition Performance Pack Car with Automatic the same size as the standard 5.0 Auto Cooler?
The auto that we had in was not a performance pack, so we can not confirm for sure, but I will look into this.

Are you guys doing work specificly on the gt350 : w/o track package . Can you explain what happens when the tranny evidently goes into default mode... Warranty VOID??
Unfortunately, we have not been able to get our hands on a GT350 yet. If you know of any cars local to DE have them send me a PM.

I'm in for knowing the temperature drop it provides.
Same here. It would have to be considerable for that price.
Testing data should be up soon, stay tuned!

I had inquired to if Mishimoto was developing a cooler for the new Shelby gt 350 that don't
Have the "Track Pkg"..... I got the real answer Finally today direct from Ford Performance group..... Their about 6 wks away from providing a external cooling system to resolve the overheating problem.... How this will pan out with warranty or recall .... doesn't appear to be know
It will be interesting to see what they come up with, and this is certainly something to look into for this car!

Every time I romp on my auto just a tad it gets up to 205-210*+ which isn't terrible, but it stays there or just a few degrees cooler no matter how I drive so this cooler would be welcomed lower temps always means longer life.
Agreed! Thanks for the interest!

-Sara

Reactions: JWS

RedfireV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
How is the fitment with yall's radiator installed as well?

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
How is the fitment with yall's radiator installed as well?
Our trans cooler will fit with our radiator installed as well as with all stock components.

-Sara

RedfireV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
^I figured but just wanted to check! :) Thank you!

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Any news on testing results yet?

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Any news on testing results yet?
Testing is complete as of last week, and there should be another post with results as soon as we finish analyzing the data. I will have an update for you all ASAP, thanks for your patience!

-Sara

Waldo Jeffers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible automatic MY 2017
Thank you very much, Sara, for all the information provided.

Don't forget, the Mustang is also Germany's best selling sports car in 2015 and there is a growing community of pony car drivers on the other side of the pond, that is interested in good and useful improvements. :)

Those heat problems are being mentioned in Germany too, thanks to the Autobahn and the possibility of reaching up to about 175mph (with removed software limiter), so a better trans cooler certainly is an interesting part.
So it's no wonder, that this thread here is one of those already monitored in our "sister forum" www.mustang6.de

Saying this, I'd like to thank all you guys here for the numerous valuable information coming out of years of experience with mustang cars the german mustang newbies get here on this board. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Thank you very much, Sara, for all the information provided.

Don't forget, the Mustang is also Germany's best selling sports car in 2015 and there is a growing community of pony car drivers on the other side of the pond, that is interested in good and useful improvements. :)

Those heat problems are being mentioned in Germany too, thanks to the Autobahn and the possibility of reaching up to about 175mph (with removed software limiter), so a better trans cooler certainly is an interesting part.
So it's no wonder, that this thread here is one of those already monitored in our "sister forum" www.mustang6.de

Saying this, I'd like to thank all you guys here for the numerous valuable information coming out of years of experience with mustang cars the german mustang newbies get here on this board. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the kind words! Glad there are international s550 enthusiasts too :thumbsup:

-Sara

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Part 3: Test Results

The yellow GT is back in our R&D facility to show us a thing or two about testing trans coolers. Upon the GT’s arrival, we wasted no time getting the pony car saddled with our testing rig.

Post-3_8602.jpg

Mustang GT on the dyno for transmission cooler testing

Post-3_8587.jpg

Mustang GT on the dyno for transmission cooler testing

We couldn’t have asked for a better day for our Mustang transmission cooler testing. We began testing on a beautiful fall afternoon with an ambient temperature of 70°F and 40% humidity. However, this would be no easy day for this brightly-colored beast. With the GT fiercely perched on our Dynapacks, we began testing by applying a constant load to the Mustang. The car was run on the Dyno at 70 MPH in 6th gear, with the dyno producing 60% load, for a grueling 5 minutes in order to ensure the transmission cooler was heat-soaked. We then reduced the load to 36% for another 5 minutes to complete our test.

Results

The Mishimoto trans cooler was able to reduce temperatures by 18°F when compared to the stock transmission cooler. This temperature reduction came with less than 0.5 psi of pressure loss, which is well within the parameters of safe operation. We are pleased with the results of the test and believe this will be a great addition to any S550 that visits the track often. While street driven Mustangs may be fine temperature wise, anyone pushing their car hard at the track may fall victim to high transmission temperatures. Ensuring that trans temperatures stay under control will certainly prolong the life of any automatic transmission.

GT-trans-cooler-temp.png

Figure 1: Results of temperature testing of Mishimoto cooler and stock

Mustang-trans-cooler-pressure.png

Figure 2: Results of pressure testing outlet pressure of Mishimoto cooler and stock

After diving deeper into R&D, we realized that the standard cooler is actually a 6-row design, which is about average in size for a road-driven car. The Mishimoto transmission cooler was designed with racing in mind and boasts a much larger 20-row cooler to increase the amount of cooling surface area. This design makes the Mishimoto cooler a whopping 180% larger than the stock Mustang GT transmission cooler, even larger than previously thought.

mustang-trans-cooler-size-comparison.png

Figure 3: Stock and Mishimoto Mustang Trans Cooler Core Volume

Mustang Trans Cooler is now Released

Now that testing is complete, the Mustang Transmission cooler is in stock and available for purchase. Thank you to everyone who has been following along with our progress on this project, feel free to let us know if you have any questions!

As always, Thanks for reading!
-Sara
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.