Sponsored

Whipple belt chirp

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I installed the updated stands, still chirped, replaced two pulleys, still chirped , loosened and re-torqued all pulleys still chirping. Plan to install an ATI balancer when I get off this turnaround and will re check the alignment. ?? I hope I don't have to pull SC and realign to block to correct this or anything that drastic.. Already paid $1950 for install and they won't help with this issue :(
Sponsored

OP
OP

Kyle0995

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
So I driove for about 30 miles last night after the races. Weather was around 60 degrees and the belt did not stop chirping. I'm gonna have to figure something out I can't drive all fall and winter like that lol.

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Magnetic Automatic
Does anyone have an audio clip of this noise? My car started to make a noise last week and has gradually gotten worse. When cold it sounds like there is a squeaky pulley and eventually goes away after the car warmed up. However, today I could still hear it slightly when I rev'd the engine up or on decel as I was pulling into work after a 45min drive. I was going to start replacing pulleys until I ran into this thread this morning. I wonder if what I have is the same problem.

OP
OP

Kyle0995

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Does anyone have an audio clip of this noise? My car started to make a noise last week and has gradually gotten worse. When cold it sounds like there is a squeaky pulley and eventually goes away after the car warmed up. However, today I could still hear it slightly when I rev'd the engine up or on decel as I was pulling into work after a 45min drive. I was going to start replacing pulleys until I ran into this thread this morning. I wonder if what I have is the same problem.
Yeah mine started to do it worse last night like I posted above. I have a video of how mine sounds but have no way of posting it.

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Mine chirped I installed the gates green HD belt and tightened the adjustable idler and no more chirp

Sponsored

OP
OP

Kyle0995

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Mine chirped I installed the gates green HD belt and tightened the adjustable idler and no more chirp
Do you happen to have the part number for the belt you use now? I'll give it a try!

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
K061058HD micro-v Gate strip 106-1/4
This belt worked for me for about 1500 miles :(

I hope you have better luck. I still think its something with the tensioner. If its the alignment of water pump, alternator, etc why is NO one having issues including myself until the Whipple install? It has to be coming from that assembly????

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
This belt worked for me for about 1500 miles :(

I hope you have better luck. I still think its something with the tensioner. If its the alignment of water pump, alternator, etc why is NO one having issues including myself until the Whipple install? It has to be coming from that assembly????
Longer belt, different gaps in idlers, more idlers, different routing.

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
Anyone have the part number for the Gates belt? My Whipple is almost here and I would rather just start with it instead of changing it later.

Sponsored

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Magnetic Automatic
Yeah mine started to do it worse last night like I posted above. I have a video of how mine sounds but have no way of posting it.
Upload to youtube and post a link or put it on dropbox?

Thanks

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Anyone have the part number for the Gates belt? My Whipple is almost here and I would rather just start with it instead of changing it later.
It is extremly isolated. The belt we supply is a gates, very high quality. A belt brand or type is not going to change if there is a misalignment issue.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
That is exactly the chirp. You have it. Should have worn two condoms....