Sponsored

Blackbird Twin Turbo System

JammanGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Performance.
Look forward to seeing this Noah.
Sponsored

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
I've been waiting for this kit to come out!! I'll be giving you guys a shout:)

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
I'm in the market for twins. What's the price?

Andrewg

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic GT 401A
Very nice craftsmanship. Subbed for more details.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TwinTurboMustang.net

TwinTurboMustang.net

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Just to clarify, we stated 1500whp. I forgot to add the + sign on the end. If we ever have a customer that wants to make more than that, we would make changes to parts of the kit to accommodate. Most notably the Turbos and waste gate configurations.

Also wanted to say that this Turbo system isn't cheap. It is the most expensive kit on the market. Why? Well, because it includes Equal length manifolds, and only the highest quality parts.

All of our turbo systems use Precision Ball Bearing Turbos. Although our prototype testing has been with Journal Bearings 5858s. The reliability of the kit is amazing. No smoking issues, low heat, and easy installation.

Prices start at $10,595.00 for the complete Bolt-on kit. Keep in mind this does not include Fuel Systems or Tuning.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
why only 8s? have you been around many 1500rwhp street cars?(no offense at all just curious on your level of experience with high hp cars)

for a very general guideline, hit the wallace racing calc
http://www.wallaceracing.com/accel-calc.php

1500hp 3800lbs 2 shifts(assuming its an auto) with 26s and 3.15s puts you at 8.01 at 167
i know this is just a calculator, but its a decent guideline. it even assumes a 1.1 60'. and thats 3800 w/driver...most of us hit the strip heavier than that. id guess this kit properly setup full weight would hit high 8s

aside from that.... i will definitely be considering this kit down the road. awesome design and clean execution. great work guys!
Ive owned a few. 1500hp is 1300whp roughly. Im not concerned what others hit the strip at weight wise. Like i was saying in a properly set up car 1500whp is mid 7s damn near. Also i wouldnt bother trying to tun 7s in an r680. Youll blow it up. Th400 or the like will be needed, besides r680s leave a lot of et on the table in comparison.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Is your piping 3 inch inner dia or outter. Any clips on the exhaust? Whats the largest twins you're offering?
I also see its rated for 1500whp. With 1500 it better run damn near mid 7s. 1300who should run high 7s if properly set up. Why the conservative rating of 8s? Is that corrected or uncorrected for 1500whp? Also what type of dyno are you using?

Thanks in advance
none of my questions were answered OP

OP
OP
TwinTurboMustang.net

TwinTurboMustang.net

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Ive owned a few. 1500hp is 1300whp roughly. Im not concerned what others hit the strip at weight wise. Like i was saying in a properly set up car 1500whp is mid 7s damn near. Also i wouldnt bother trying to tun 7s in an r680. Youll blow it up. Th400 or the like will be needed, besides r680s leave a lot of et on the table in comparison.
Yeah I agree with you. And to be honest, I think it's fair to say it's "capable". Our system has made over 1300whp on a S550. But not 2000. Lol

I will say that the manifolds are a very important part of making power and controlling back pressure. A restrictive or incorrect manifold design can change the power delivery and efficiency of the system. Our exhaust systems & downpipes are 3" ID.

We offer Precision 5858s as our smallest option for turbos. We have found that improper turbo sizing and poor manifold design causes back pressure issues at higher horsepower.

Turbo Choices are BB5858s, 6262s, or 6466s. If you really want a different size, we will accommodate.

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Yeah I agree with you. And to be honest, I think it's fair to say it's "capable". Our system has made over 1300whp on a S550. But not 2000. Lol

I will say that the manifolds are a very important part of making power and controlling back pressure. A restrictive or incorrect manifold design can change the power delivery and efficiency of the system. Our exhaust systems & downpipes are 3" ID.

We offer Precision 5858s as our smallest option for turbos. We have found that improper turbo sizing and poor manifold design causes back pressure issues at higher horsepower.

Turbo Choices are BB5858s, 6262s, or 6466s. If you really want a different size, we will accommodate.
Alrighty, thanks. What about 6766s gen 2s? So are your numbers corrected or uncorrected? 1500whp would roughly be 1800hp. Any clips of your exhaust? I mean no disrespect by this question but i must ask, what is your background on turbo kits or fabbing? Ive never seen or heard of you folks in the Yellowbullet circle or nmra.

OP
OP
TwinTurboMustang.net

TwinTurboMustang.net

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Alrighty, thanks. What about 6766s gen 2s? So are your numbers corrected or uncorrected? 1500whp would roughly be 1800hp. Any clips of your exhaust? I mean no disrespect by this question but i must ask, what is your background on turbo kits or fabbing? Ive never seen or heard of you folks in the Yellowbullet circle or nmra.
So all dyno figures are always SAE Corrected. 6766s would probably be okay, as with other choices.

So I'll take a minute and go over our background. Twinturbomustang.net and our partners at Speed Force Racing have been fabricating and building Turbo systems for over 25 years. I appreciate the questions because people need to know as much as possible.

I have been racing cars for around 15 years. We hold no world records or claim to be the fastest. Although that would make for a appropriate goal. We do however make claim to the highest quality S550 turbo system on earth. Our fabrication speaks for itself.

We are regular guys building crazy shit. Our pursuit for perfection is never ending. Giving the mustang community more options is what it's all about.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
So all dyno figures are always SAE Corrected. 6766s would probably be okay, as with other choices.

So I'll take a minute and go over our background. Twinturbomustang.net and our partners at Speed Force Racing have been fabricating and building Turbo systems for over 25 years. I appreciate the questions because people need to know as much as possible.

I have been racing cars for around 15 years. We hold no world records or claim to be the fastest. Although that would make for a appropriate goal. We do however make claim to the highest quality S550 turbo system on earth. Our fabrication speaks for itself.

We are regular guys building crazy shit. Our pursuit for perfection is never ending. Giving the mustang community more options is what it's all about.
I think you will do well with this kit. The design and parts are spot on.

seanivey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 gt
Amazing hardware, if you know what you are looking at you realize the potential.
I have already ordered the kit and will have it shortly another shop has made over 1300 wheel hp with it
It's some nice hardware for someone with some sense to go fast with.

Sean

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
are these hand built? I love the equal length design
Sponsored