Sponsored

2017-18 Shelby GT350 / GT350R Mustang Orders Placed (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2017-18 Shelby GT350/R did you order?

• Total voters

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
IMO I think people who get an R at msrp are usually those that already have relationship with the dealership and put their orders in likely a year ago for a '17 R (my R is currently in transit it and has been almost 13 months since the order was placed). You will be considered extremely lucky if you can find an R at msrp by randomly calling all the dealers around the country.
If you just found a R at MSRP by calling, you better go buy a lotto ticket. With calling around, 9 out of 10 dealers are off their rocker with the R prices. one may be reasonable. Any dealer getting an R knows how special it is, and without a prior relationship, this is almost impossible.

What sucks is when you have a good relationship with a dealer or know an owner of a dealership, and they still aren't willing to give you a "decent" deal.
Sponsored

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
If you know the OWNER, and still can't get a decent deal, that's just plain ol greed.

Shabooty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
I guess I'm just super lucky. I bought a 16 GT350 w/ track pack in 2015 and got it that November. But I'm retarded so I sold that for something else. But just calling around a few days ago, the same dealer happened to have an unspoken for R on the way to the dealer and I was able to pick it up. All white, no stripes. Close enough to the way I'd have built it but I can live w/o the stripes for not having to wait 1 year+ to have one built.

Readfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
17 F350 King Ranch, 17 Focus RS
I guess I'm just super lucky. I bought a 16 GT350 w/ track pack in 2015 and got it that November. But I'm retarded so I sold that for something else. But just calling around a few days ago, the same dealer happened to have an unspoken for R on the way to the dealer and I was able to pick it up. All white, no stripes. Close enough to the way I'd have built it but I can live w/o the stripes for not having to wait 1 year+ to have one built.

Congrats! You may be one of the luckiest SOB's on this forum. Hopefully a small ADM or none at all.

You'll like the all white no stripes. That's how I had mine built, only with the black roof.

The only thing you may not like. Is the rear end from the back tires on gets dirty pretty quick.

ENJOY!

Shabooty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
Congrats! You may be one of the luckiest SOB's on this forum. Hopefully a small ADM or none at all.

You'll like the all white no stripes. That's how I had mine built, only with the black roof.

The only thing you may not like. Is the rear end from the back tires on gets dirty pretty quick.

ENJOY!
Thanks man. I was unfortunate on the ADM side T.T but I'm still happy w/ it. It was worth it for me so it is what it is. Yeah the all white looks really nice. Completely different than I imagined. I wanted the black roof too but I can live w/o it. Thanks again ^__^

Sponsored

Wooly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Tech, Porsche 991GT3
Just get the roof wrapped in black if you want. $2-300 probably. Congrats. I am waiting for my R as well. Supposed to arrive at dealer 5/26 but looks to be late.

Shabooty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
Just get the roof wrapped in black if you want. $2-300 probably. Congrats. I am waiting for my R as well. Supposed to arrive at dealer 5/26 but looks to be late.
Thanks. I was actually planning on getting a full body wrap down the road :)

jt7777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R (Shadow black w/ b/r ott stripe
GT350R order, price & Tracking

My dealership just called me and told me that my 2017 shadow black 350R
is waiting for shipment. I checked for myself by inputting my vin# on the Ford tracking site and found this to be true. I'm ecstatic!!! My previous toy was a 2008 Z06 and 1965 stingray 327-350HP matching #'s car. I switched to Ford after buying a Ford SVT Raptor 3 years ago and was so impressed with it's performance and quality. The dealership is taking it on trade for the R.
My adm is $10,000 above MSRP of $68020 which I am happy with since the dealership is located 20 minutes from my home in southwestern Pa.
Where is the battery located in the GT350R? It was located in the trunk on my Z06. Also, is it necessary to keep a battery tender on these cars if I only drive it on summer weekends?

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
is waiting for shipment. I checked for myself by inputting my vin# on the Ford tracking site and found this to be true. I'm ecstatic!!! My previous toy was a 2008 Z06 and 1965 stingray 327-350HP matching #'s car. I switched to Ford after buying a Ford SVT Raptor 3 years ago and was so impressed with it's performance and quality. The dealership is taking it on trade for the R.
My adm is $10,000 above MSRP of $68020 which I am happy with since the dealership is located 20 minutes from my home in southwestern Pa.
Where is the battery located in the GT350R? It was located in the trunk on my Z06. Also, is it necessary to keep a battery tender on these cars if I only drive it on summer weekends?

CONGRATS and Enjoy the car!! It really is a fine piece of machinery... I've been getting out in mine every chance I get... It's not the quickest car in the world but what a joy to drive. I will go out on a limb here and tell you it's probably the most fun I've ever had with car in a rear wheel drive platform. It's simply amazing for the money, it really is.
I suggest PPF as soon as you get it and ask dealer not to wash your car. You probably already know all that but that black will swirl on the first wash with people that don't know anything about properly washing. PPF and no worries about swirls.

Have fun, happy for you!

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Oh...and as long as you drive it an hr every week to two weeks you'll be fine not using tender.

Sponsored

Wooly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Tech, Porsche 991GT3
Try to temper your excitement a little. My R went to waiting for shipment status on 5-8 and was scheduled for delivery on 5-26. It still has not arrived. Go figure that. No wonder their stock is in the toilet and the CEO just got canned. When a car is built and someone is waiting to pay you for it. SHIP IT!!! :headbonk:

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
don't they have 3rd party do the stripes? Rail delivery can be slow. I think the whole FP may be in trouble if it not showing good profits. I never seen a quarterly report that broke it out separately

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
don't they have 3rd party do the stripes? Rail delivery can be slow. I think the whole FP may be in trouble if it not showing good profits. I never seen a quarterly report that broke it out separately
The last time that a third party applied stripes to one of Ford's HP automobiles was back when the 2009 Shelby GT500 cars were coming out.

If you look close many of the stripes jobs back then were not done very well so Ford fired them at the end of the 2009 MY and purchased their own striping machine and started applying their own stripes on the 2010 GT500 cars and continued on with the rest of the GT500's through the 2014MY and of course the 2012/2013 Boss 302 cars and now the new GT350 cars.

:cheers:

CobraO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback
14 months post order, I have a VIN number.

Build week of August 14

R w/ Electronics
White with Blue OTT
Car Cover

Can't really say I'm excited right now. I was excited 9 months ago, I was happy with my order 6 months ago, annoyance set in 3 months ago, and frustration is current.

I was really happy with the 500 limit, now I'm going to have a number around 9xx. That's really lame. We will see.....

Dtmaso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1965 Cobra 427S/C; Jeep Commander
14 months post order, I have a VIN number.

Build week of August 14

R w/ Electronics
White with Blue OTT
Car Cover

Can't really say I'm excited right now. I was excited 9 months ago, I was happy with my order 6 months ago, annoyance set in 3 months ago, and frustration is current.

I was really happy with the 500 limit, now I'm going to have a number around 9xx. That's really lame. We will see.....
I'm happy for you on one hand, and hate you on the other (Kidding) - I found out today through the my dealership's new owner that the previous owners never did have an allocation for the R I ordered 4/15/16. And the Regional Rep was no help at all during my wait - even when she confirmed the allocation over the speaker phone when I ordered :mad: They strung me along. So, though he's trying to 'make it right', I'm not holding my breath any longer.

Seriously, CONGRATULATIONS on your 14 month wait coming to fruition. Have fun buddy - I wish I were you!
Sponsored