Sponsored

So is anyone worried their hood is going to break free?

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I've done 100mph+ the hood looked solid to me.
Try adjusting the rubber stoppers under the hood.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've done 100mph+ the hood looked solid to me.
Try adjusting the rubber stoppers under the hood.
Will do. Just have to wonder when I'm going to go fast again. :lol:

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I'm thinking it's something along these lines. I've seen a few people complain about the hood lift, but I've had mine up to 140mph briefly and noticed absolutely no movement.

All I can remember doing when I very first picked up the car (and what I do with any car I get) is use a bit of whiteout or similar removable paint to make sure the rubber bump stops are up as high as they should be. No idea if this would be related to the hood lift, but I haven't adjusted anything else on the hood at all.
Good tip!:cheers:

OP
OP

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Okay, so wondering if I can throw this out there. So something to add. Before I took my car home I had the dealership adjust the hood because it wasn't even. It still isn't perfect, the gap on one side is slightly bigger than the other, but only I have noticed it, so it is very minor. Anyway, like I said I put some putty on the rubber bumpers and it was smashed nearly flat, see through thin, so I know the hood is smashing into the rubber bumpers. Wondering since we all like to pop our hood and look at something. Could someone post a pic of their non shaking hood bumpers with a ruler next to it? Hopefully with the camera pointing straight at the top of the bumper so the ruler is shown square, if that makes sense, or if you have a better way of measuring that's cool too. I don't want to waste anyone's time. Just wondering how much compression the bumpers are supposed to get. Although I am tempted to just go spin them up a bit, sounds like it is probably the fix, but I love pics too. lol. Thanks for what ever.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Okay, so wondering if I can throw this out there. So something to add. Before I took my car home I had the dealership adjust the hood because it wasn't even. It still isn't perfect, the gap on one side is slightly bigger than the other, but only I have noticed it, so it is very minor. Anyway, like I said I put some putty on the rubber bumpers and it was smashed nearly flat, see through thin, so I know the hood is smashing into the rubber bumpers. Wondering since we all like to pop our hood and look at something. Could someone post a pic of their non shaking hood bumpers with a ruler next to it? Hopefully with the camera pointing straight at the top of the bumper so the ruler is shown square, if that makes sense, or if you have a better way of measuring that's cool too. I don't want to waste anyone's time. Just wondering how much compression the bumpers are supposed to get. Although I am tempted to just go spin them up a bit, sounds like it is probably the fix, but I love pics too. lol. Thanks for what ever.
One of the bump stop is so much higher its smashing an indentation into the metal on mine.

Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I don't have a photo handy, but I do know that the two corner bump stops on mine are fully tightened down. I do not believe they are touching the hood at all.

-T

GDP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Base Deep Impact
I get this too even at lower 60-70 speeds so I will check the bump stops. I am willing to bet opening up the heat extractors would resolve this as well. It doesnt look like the whole hood is moving just the sheet metal is.

OP
OP

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I don't have a photo handy, but I do know that the two corner bump stops on mine are fully tightened down. I do not believe they are touching the hood at all.

-T

And you said earlier you had yours up to 115 mph on the track with no noticeable fluttering? If that's true, not sure what's going on then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GDP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Base Deep Impact
I just checked mine and it appears they are making contact. My driver side seemed screwed all the way down so I unscrewed it a bit to make it higher. Passenger looked good. Im about 3 threads up on each.

Can others check to see what theirs are set at? I count the number of rubber 'threads' above the metal plate.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Mine sort of shakes a little at speed in the center toward the windshield, but so did my pickup truck's hood... just the thin metal used.

Sponsored

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Kinda funny after reading this thread, and looking at another thread on here, people wonder why there Insurance costs are so HIGH on the Mustang,Jusus Christ had nothing to do with it, it"s the lack of common sense idiots behind the wheel.The above listed speed on the street ( only one was on the track) Can"t fix STUPID.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Go drive a Jeep Wrangler with stock rubber hood latches on a windy day sometime and compare....

OP
OP

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Go drive a Jeep Wrangler with stock rubber hood latches on a windy day sometime and compare....

That's what I drive most days, so I am used to it. Just figured this new mustang would be better than that, which it is not. The jeep only does it on windy days, the mustang does it every day that I take it on the highway.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
That's what I drive most days, so I am used to it. Just figured this new mustang would be better than that, which it is not. The jeep only does it on windy days, the mustang does it every day that I take it on the highway.

Raise the bump stops so there is enough pressure on the hood.
I think on mine there is at least 3 lines at the bottom on the bump stops.

GDP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Base Deep Impact
Raise the bump stops so there is enough pressure on the hood.
I think on mine there is at least 3 lines at the bottom on the bump stops.
Yep ditto adjusted mine to have 3 rings showing above and that fixed my hood issue. My Drivers side was screwed all the way down and was having this issue. Only time it comes close to moving is ever so slightly shaking is from hitting bumps.
Sponsored