On 3 twin turbo

Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback PP Manual
Team Beef are selling these at a very attractive price point. $4400 for the kit. I've been looking to do a pro charger setup but it means selling too many other toys. I can probably get the turbos a bit easier. What people's thoughts on this setup with the low mounted turbos? Car is a DD not a racer not looking for more than about 650hp to retain street ability. Two Turbo or not too turbo. That is the question.
Sponsored

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
Dont be fooled by the low $4500 base price. By the time you add injectors and maybe a BAP and tune you are looking at the same price as a complete procharger kit from Beefcake.

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
If done correctly the low mounts will be fine for daily but I don't feel the ON3 quality is there for daily driving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FivePointToTheOh

USN Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT/CS
If done correctly the low mounts will be fine for daily but I don't feel the ON3 quality is there for daily driving

Why do you say that? Many of us daily them. I daily my On3 Kit over 100 miles a day, put 4k miles on it in the past month and a half. My bro has had the kit on his for over 52k miles, with MULTIPLE 8 second passes under his belt. If you haven't purchased and used the kit you can't really get an accurate review of it in my opinion.

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Why do you say that? Many of us daily them. I daily my On3 Kit over 100 miles a day, put 4k miles on it in the past month and a half. My bro has had the kit on his for over 52k miles, with MULTIPLE 8 second passes under his belt. If you haven't purchased and used the kit you can't really get an accurate review of it in my opinion.

That's solid info. I was in the market a while back and did a ton off research on them and found a lot off fit and finish issues a bunch off failures and also discovered the most off the kit is made in China ... You get what you pay for that's always been my experience. I'm not bashing them by any means just sharing what I learned also I called the company when I was looking to purchase and was treated poorly .. Terrible customer service so guess who's business they didn't get ...

Sponsored

FivePointToTheOh

USN Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT/CS
That's solid info. I was in the market a while back and did a ton off research on them and found a lot off fit and finish issues a bunch off failures and also discovered the most off the kit is made in China ... You get what you pay for that's always been my experience. I'm not bashing them by any means just sharing what I learned also I called the company when I was looking to purchase and was treated poorly .. Terrible customer service so guess who's business they didn't get ...

I can't speak for their customer service, but as for quality I can. Their tuner (Sai Li) lives 15 minutes from me and does all of the tuning of turbos in this area. Jim Braun (their fabricator) also lives within 40 minutes of me and I've seen first hand the work he does (he helped install my kit). I was always a believer of, "You get what you pay for" as well. Decided to give the underdog a shot, and I'm extremely pleased that I did.

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
I had the on3 kit on a built motor 13. It made 850hp and never had an issue. I sold the car a year and a half ago. The new owner still has it and has zero problems.

I have seen other turbo kits loose more turbos in my area than the on3 cars. I would have no problem running it on a 15 as a daily. I think the 15 kit is designed better than the 13 was.

FivePointToTheOh

USN Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT/CS
I had the on3 kit on a built motor 13. It made 850hp and never had an issue. I sold the car a year and a half ago. The new owner still has it and has zero problems.

I have seen other turbo kits loose more turbos in my area than the on3 cars. I would have no problem running it on a 15 as a daily. I think the 15 kit is designed better than the 13 was.
Glad to hear someone else had a good experience as well :D

(Btw how do you like the S550 vs your 13 with the twins? Obviously not the same power output but feel good about the trade up?)

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
the original 11-14 kits needed alot of modifications. i sold those mainly to the "do it yourselfers", as install time would creep into the 50 hr range

the revised kits have been better, and i expect the 15 kits to be even better than that.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
I have friend who has that kit for DD and he says he is very happy with the result. He said, he can have two of those kits for the price one of the other brand. He installed it and had a tunner tune it for him.
I asked him what part would he consider upgrading? He said, if I were racing it, I would upgrade the intercooler. I think he bought it from Terry, with injectors and Bap.

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
See other on3 threads

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18005

I have THE only installed 15 kit(BB,61's) and I can tell you so far so good after about 2000 miles.
If ordering ,I would skip all other injector options an just go straight to the ID1000's which you will end up wanting in the end.

I also have Sai's return fuel system with the modified GT 500 pumps that is said to be good to 900 rwhp
I have just finished doing street logs of the E85 tune and last revision was spot on.

With my cut outs closed it makes peak boost of abut 15 psi and spools very fast.

With the nice weather we have been having I was able to do back to

back comparisons with my Hellion car which has run 10.3's @133-134 on pump gas

wastage springs only. It made about 700 HP(750 with race gas) on the dyno with a

boost controller(14-

15 psi) but boost tapered rapidly after 5600 rpm.

I am back to just running springs on the Hellion car and had race gas in it yesterday (looking to fix the GFB or get a

boost leash) but the Eboost 2 on the 0n3 car works quite well.

I took my buddy who works at BMW,where I bought my M235 and may be getting an M2, for a drive(he used to have a tuned 135) after he hooked me up with a free car wash. lol

He was blown away by the finish of the Hellion car-premium/Recaro(compared to the M235) and how quickly booth cars came in to boost and pulled.

We both thought the On3 car pulled harder-at least according to our butt dyno's.

I may be able to get some videos he took of the boost gauge on the on3 car.

I did one WOT with the cutouts open for the first time but quickly backed out as It was making over 16 psi.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
We both thought the On3 car pulled harder-at least according to our butt dyno's.
That was my impression when my friend gave me a ride. It spooled very quickly. I think his were 50 Turbos and not 55 and not even ball bearing.
Sponsored