JM7225

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT 350
I have 3 vents above console.
Not a performance pack then. PP cars also have Brembo brakes that are marked with the Brembo emblem and are slightly bigger than the 'regular' GT brakes.

Rangore

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Do you belong to a club and do cruises?

JM7225

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT 350
I do not, but I'm planning on going to the next cars and coffee:

http://www.mncandc.com/event-information/

and also planning to go to BIR this summer. We've talked about getting the Mustang guys together from this forum but it hasn't happen. We should get on that!

Rangore

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I always go to C&C. This last one was cancelled. I heard they are doing a new location, but haven't heard where. I'll look at the link and maybe they have something lined up. Hopefully I'll see you there if so.

If you all want to meet up... I'd be game.

Sponsored

Rangore

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My buddy is at BIR regularly, but he's a spec miata racer. I haven't tracked a car yet. He keeps trying to get me out there. I want to, but then don't want to. I want to for obvious reasons. I don't want to since it's hard on the car, and ... what if I get hooked?? :)

JM7225

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT 350
According to their site it's still at AutoMotorPlex. I haven't been to one yet so I'm excited to go to my first one.

As far as tracking the car, yeah it's a little hard on it but this is the kind of vehicle that was built to withstand some of that abuse. I don't think I'm good enough to do any real damage besides tires and brakes. I'm going to do the driving school first so I don't kill myself :)

Oryx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
New owner in Rochester.... hope to see some of you this summer at some events.

Oryx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT

Sponsored

mnmike59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Looks like a ton of fun... what's required to do that?
1. A car in good safe condition.
2. A helmet
3. A Monday off work

You sign up at http://www.birperformance.com/ and get more info here.
You can wait and sign up at the track, or sign up ahead of time. You will be assigned an instructor to ride along for tips, tricks and safety aspects of driving/racing on the track.
There are 3 classes. Novice, Intermediate and Advanced. you will start in the Novice group and can advance as your skill level increases.
BE WARNED!!!! You will become addicted!

JM7225

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT 350
1. A car in good safe condition.
2. A helmet
3. A Monday off work

You sign up at http://www.birperformance.com/ and get more info here.
You can wait and sign up at the track, or sign up ahead of time. You will be assigned an instructor to ride along for tips, tricks and safety aspects of driving/racing on the track.
There are 3 classes. Novice, Intermediate and Advanced. you will start in the Novice group and can advance as your skill level increases.
BE WARNED!!!! You will become addicted!
From what I read they provide the helmet and gloves and everything as part of the performance driving school. Are you talking about something different, Mike?

mnmike59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
From what I read they provide the helmet and gloves and everything as part of the performance driving school. Are you talking about something different, Mike?
If you use one of their Spec Ford racers, they'll provide everything for you. This is very expensive. I thought you would be interested in using your Mustang? Your much better off using your own car, Much cheaper and more track time.
:cheers:

JM7225

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT 350
If you use one of their Spec Ford racers, they'll provide everything for you. This is very expensive. I thought you would be interested in using your Mustang? Your much better off using your own car, Much cheaper and more track time.
:cheers:
I do plan on using my own car! :ford:

So if you don't use the spec race car then they DON'T loan out the equipment? Ok, I must have misunderstood that from their site. That's not very clear.

Any suggestions on a good helmet? :headbang:

mnmike59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I do plan on using my own car! :ford:

So if you don't use the spec race car then they DON'T loan out the equipment? Ok, I must have misunderstood that from their site. That's not very clear.

Any suggestions on a good helmet? :headbang:
I'm sure they would loan you a helmet if you wanted. I'm sure you'll be doing it again so you might as well buy one?
[MENTION=22413]Optimum Performance[/MENTION] Has some great deals on good helmets.
http://www.opmustang.com/store/p135/store/p135/RaceQuip_PRO15_SA2015_Full_Face_Racing_Helmet_-_Track_Day_Helmet.html

Don't forget to browse the online store. He can get get most anything you need for your car, If you don't see it. Ask.
Sponsored