Sponsored

2017 R Production Nos. - Straight from Flatrock

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Um....where? I double checked, there are none advertised at sticker. One is mislabeled as an R, and one jerk-off is trying to sell a used '16 for $250K, but I see no sticker ad.

[MENTION=23132]Kurac[/MENTION] here you go
http://m.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=454169694&zip=60137&endYear=2018&pageLayout=list&keywordPhrases=GT350R&keywords=GT350R&sortBy=mileageASC&startYear=2016&searchRadius=0&offset=30&mmt=%5BFORD%5BMUST%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D

This is the one in talking about. The ad is suspect because it labels the car as a non R, yet the MSRP price matches the R and the pics are on an R including the window sticker. Click bait?
Sponsored

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Granted I've not driven an R. Am I right in assuming most people happy with the increased R availability are using it on a track? Other than the emotional factors and high end track performers, I have to admit I don't get this fascination with obtaining an R. Just had my 17 GT350 out earlier today on a lonely stretch of highway with nobody around and ran it up to 140 for a while. Rock solid. On corners I'm not sure I want to get above 0.8 gs while not on a track and up to that level the regular GT350 is planted. Personally I just don't see the benefit to an R off the track and for most even on a track, including no rear seat and no sound deadening in the truck. Am I missing something? Even if one fell into my lap I'd pass it on. Not dissing anyone spending all that extra cash but I just don't get it for all us regular Joes when the vast, vast majority of the Voodoo experience can be had for lots less.
A few things....exclusivity is a big part if that matters to anyone. But the look with the spoiler, rims, and splitter is quite a bit better than a base 350, IMHO. Louder exhaust from the factory is a huge plus. The no rear seats gives the car a racer purpose built vibe. The red pin striping on striped cars and red badging with red calipers gives a real nice contrast. The fact the rims are made of carbon fiber and no other production car has rims made of that material is awesome. Many of these aspects point to exclusivity I suppose.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Granted I've not driven an R. Am I right in assuming most people happy with the increased R availability are using it on a track? Other than the emotional factors and high end track performers, I have to admit I don't get this fascination with obtaining an R. Just had my 17 GT350 out earlier today on a lonely stretch of highway with nobody around and ran it up to 140 for a while. Rock solid. On corners I'm not sure I want to get above 0.8 gs while not on a track and up to that level the regular GT350 is planted. Personally I just don't see the benefit to an R off the track and for most even on a track, including no rear seat and no sound deadening in the truck. Am I missing something? Even if one fell into my lap I'd pass it on. Not dissing anyone spending all that extra cash but I just don't get it for all us regular Joes when the vast, vast majority of the Voodoo experience can be had for lots less.
Most GT350 owners likely can't drive a GTPP to its potential, either. I'd argue that the GTPP IS the performance bargain in the Mustang lineup. Historically, running out of talent before a car exceeds its capacity has never been a good excuse not to buy it :). Different strokes.

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
i like the looks of the base car better but i would take an R at msrp if i could get one with reasonable ease. i dont need a back seat and never use the radio or ac. like stripe delete too so that isnt a factor. the exclusivity is what would do it for me. i couldnt get anywhere near the limit on my 15gtpp with full bolt ons so the extra capability wouldnt be useful but have aspirations of hitting 3 or 4 track events a year and the R would be cool

Sponsored

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Ah, nice catch. Anyone verify this price? I bet with mislabeled ad could also mean mislabeled asking price?
I'd give them a call if I wasn't on the other side of the world. I'm not in the market at present for obvious reasons but would be curious to know if it really is an MSRP car and if it is, why it hasn't been snapped up yet.

Redline8250

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I stole it.
Why do people always say "stripe delete"??
It's not a delete it's an option to get the stripes. As in not included.

Redline8250

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I stole it.
Many dealers post the sticker cost so it gets you into the dealer. Once you visit they tell you it's $$$$$ mark up.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
An R in CA for MSRP....... you can bet it isn't legit. I have a very long list and I only got part of the way through it. I'll call around in the near future as my time becomes available. Honestly, my gut is that the prices will come down but only when the 500 is released. Until then, dealers will try to extract (What they feel is a winfall) out of their R on the showroom floor.

I don't think MSRP for an R is common at this point. Anyone that is getting an R at MSRP is either lottery lucky or they know someone.

My .02 of a $.

Redline8250

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I stole it.
An R in CA for MSRP....... you can bet it isn't legit. I have a very long list and I only got part of the way through it. I'll call around in the near future as my time becomes available. Honestly, my gut is that the prices will come down but only when the 500 is released. Until then, dealers will try to extract (What they feel is a winfall) out of their R on the showroom floor.

I don't think MSRP for an R is common at this point. Anyone that is getting an R at MSRP is either lottery lucky or they know someone.

My .02 of a $.
Or full of shit.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Why do people always say "stripe delete"??
It's not a delete it's an option to get the stripes. As in not included.
No different than some people stating AC/Radio delete on the 920A base R models as it comes standard that way on the base R models with AC/Radios/Backup cameras as an option.

Does it really matter?

:eyebulge:

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
A few things....exclusivity is a big part if that matters to anyone. But the look with the spoiler, rims, and splitter is quite a bit better than a base 350, IMHO. Louder exhaust from the factory is a huge plus. The no rear seats gives the car a racer purpose built vibe. The red pin striping on striped cars and red badging with red calipers gives a real nice contrast. The fact the rims are made of carbon fiber and no other production car has rims made of that material is awesome. Many of these aspects point to exclusivity I suppose.

This may sound nuts but for me #1 was that sweet red badge….had to have it. I guess that falls along the line of exclusivity? I also really loved the other aspects of the car mentioned in this post (spoiler, rims, splitter, exhaust).

Again maybe sounding a lil nuts the only thing I do not love about the OEM R car is the matte black stripe color or the red pin-striping…understand this is complete personal bias and to each their own. I didn't have to worry about it as mine came without stripes :)

This all started when I was a teenager and saw the remake of Gone In 60 Seconds. "Eleanor" is my own platinum standard for anything, everything on wheels and she didn't have no stinking matte black or red pinstripes! LOL

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Gotcha! It's hard to say what will happen. People who want one are hopeful the prices will drop but I can see the dealers salivating, already. People said the 17s would be MSRP when they were announced but I think that also was wishful thinking. It does seem that I've seen slightly more people saying they paid a lower ADM for 17 Rs, though; so like with everything, as the newness wears off, prices slide a bit. I can see $5k over being the good deal and maybe a little more common than previous...but you could be enjoying your car sooner, than later ;)

Most deposits are refundable - so if you see the prices sliding like crazy, just cancel the order. I wouldn't feel bad about that at all. It wouldn't be your fault is the market value of the car decreased before they could get it to you.
The "next great thing" will be what drives prices down. Whether it be a 500, Mach 1, etc..... And that is not to even mention other brands that will pull people away from the 350. This car is worth a spot in the lifetime stable (especially if you are a Ford person), but most people are limited in how many toys they can have at one time.

R's will have to sit stale on a showroom floor for quite some time before you start to see prices come down to MSRP on a routine basis.

For people getting MSRP deals on the R's...... There is such a thing as right place, right time to get a great deal. However, if all the dealers think that their little treasure chest on the showroom floor is worth a 30K ADM, they aren't going to sell it for MSRP based upon new information (unconfirmed rumors) on an increase in production numbers. I believe the increased production is true, but the people who matter (dealers who are looking to sell), will remain in denial until they just cant sell their showroom beauty. Then, and only then, (when dealers collectively realize the run is over) will you see major pricing changes. Supply and demand.

Again, these cars are going to have to go stale before you see a significant price reduction (IMHO of course)

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
The "next great thing" will be what drives prices down. Whether it be a 500, Mach 1, etc..... And that is not to even mention other brands that will pull people away from the 350. This car is worth a spot in the lifetime stable (especially if you are a Ford person), but most people are limited in how many toys they can have at one time.

R's will have to sit stale on a showroom floor for quite some time before you start to see prices come down to MSRP on a routine basis.

For people getting MSRP deals on the R's...... There is such a thing as right place, right time to get a great deal. However, if all the dealers think that their little treasure chest on the showroom floor is worth a 30K ADM, they aren't going to sell it for MSRP based upon new information (unconfirmed rumors) on an increase in production numbers. I believe the increased production is true, but the people who matter (dealers who are looking to sell), will remain in denial until they just cant sell their showroom beauty. Then, and only then, (when dealers collectively realize the run is over) will you see major pricing changes. Supply and demand.

Again, these cars are going to have to go stale before you see a significant price reduction (IMHO of course)
100% agree with this assessment.

Redline8250

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I stole it.
No different than some people stating AC/Radio delete on the 920A base R models as it comes standard that way on the base R models with AC/Radios/Backup cameras as an option.

Does it really matter?

:eyebulge:
Nope. Because that's how all R's should be.
Sponsored