Sponsored

No "Boost" gauge on Base GT models?

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
On Premium models, I've seen where there is a line that says "Boost/Vacuum". On my Base model, there is no Boost/Vacuum heading. I have "vacuum" only and it's on the last line on my dash.
Sponsored

SiRCaSTK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
Only ecoboost models have boost guages

GTs aren't boosted, so Ford didn't include a boost guage

AEengnr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I wonder if the GT vacuum gauge could be turned to a boost gauge using as built data from an ecoboost. I would suspect so.

AppoTheApple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT DIB
I've actually been curious as to why on the digital gauge, the GT has a Vacuum/Boost display.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
You do understand your car isn't turbo-charged, so there'd be no "Boost" to measure, right? One would imagine "Boost" is only found on the Ecoboost models.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
This is a joke right? Troll? Why do you want a boost gauge on a NA car? I'd work on getting a supercharger/turbocharger before worrying about a boost gauge. WtF??

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car

DoubleX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Ford Mustang GT
This is a part of the performance package. My Premium GT does not have this gauge.

Sponsored

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Some V6 does have the vac/boost in the dash. It's just an As-Built Data code to change in the IPC module...

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red
From what double x said yeah. Power pack option. Useless... Probably. More of a cool factore. Maybe someone will tell me what it's usefulness is I've got a phone charger over half of one of the gauges.

OP
OP
Ggradtech

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
This is a joke right? Troll? Why do you want a boost gauge on a NA car? I'd work on getting a supercharger/turbocharger before worrying about a boost gauge. WtF??

What a jackass!! Did I SAY I was N/A? Why else would I post the question? I'm guessing at this point that PP cars have this feature, but I'm guessing it's not a software feature of the "Base trim" model GTs.

Crossroads

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP FRPP2
A vacuum gauge with readings out of the norm will indicate when your engine is having issues, including but not limited, to vacuum leaks, valves, rings, egr, exhaust. A healthy manifold vacuum is essential for proper engine operation, and in some cases automatic transmission operation.

Your vacuum should measure about 17-21 and should remain steady at idle, it should jump down to -5 or more when coming off the throttle abruptly, and jump back up to the normal range. You should become familiar with the normal operation of your vacuum gauge, so you can spot when you are having an issue.

Though it won't pinpoint a problem it will show you there is a problem which requires more analysis. So as a a boost gauge is on an FI engine, you can consider your vacuum gauge a boost gauge, although it works just the opposite.

Boost Blows, Vacuum Sucks. :headbang:

OP
OP
Ggradtech

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm sure it's not all that accurate as a "boost/supercharger" gauge, but just thought it would be fun to see as more of a novelty. If I decide I need a true boost gauge, I6m guessing I'd need to purchase an aftermarket one.
Sponsored