Car got hit today while sitting at a red light

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I'm curious how much lower that is than it would have been with no damage.
Yeah I'm curious as well. To the OP, what was your blue book trade-in value if the car hadn't been hit?
Sponsored

Tom C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
In your pictures it looks like they made two cuts, on that flat section and on the part between the quarter and back glass. I'm wondering why they didn't do all of it?
The whole idea behind a sound, quality repair is to do the minimum of cutting. Sometimes that minimum means replacing an entire panel, other times just a repair, and often times sectioning when a part of a panel is beyond repair.

The shop knows (at least I hope so) that they want to disturb as little as possible factory welds, and most importantly seam seals and corrosion protection.

From the picture it appears that the shop didn't want to encroach too far into the roof panel and lock pillar. That's probably the right call.

WhiteEc0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Oh I'm pissed. The ford bodyshop is going to paint the roof black and get me the premium rear bumper. But I'm still pissed. The car will never be the same to me. May need yalls advice on deminished value claim.
Hope you can claim it in your state I could not. Person that hit me had no insurance. Instantly knocked about 5k off the vaule of my 13GT.

OP
OP
15DIBGT

15DIBGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush stage 3
Yeah I'm curious as well. To the OP, what was your blue book trade-in value if the car hadn't been hit?
KBB on the car is 22500 to 25200 so they gave me the most money for the car in good condition. He said he didn't think the accident hurt the value much. He said 1000 bucks

OP
OP
15DIBGT

15DIBGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush stage 3
Hope you can claim it in your state I could not. Person that hit me had no insurance. Instantly knocked about 5k off the vaule of my 13GT.
I did claim it and got 1200$ for deminished value

Sponsored

My_Coyote

Howl'n in the Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Not even my car, but it still hurts for people to be texting and driving which accounts
for most accidents these days

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
You can get diminished value. It might take a lawyer. It's good you are using a Ford bodyshop. You won't have to worry about your insurance company trying to use aftermarket parts.
I thought that was the case with my tacoma but they were getting parts from Advance auto. Dunno about the panels but I would imagine they're aftermarket also.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Hard to control a car that has lost traction with a cell phone in her hand!

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
Oh I'm pissed. The ford bodyshop is going to paint the roof black and get me the premium rear bumper. But I'm still pissed. The car will never be the same to me. May need yalls advice on deminished value claim.
I got diminished value, about half of my damage estimate. I used an online company to do the claim

Sponsored

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
that's shocking, some sad pics on here of damaged Stangs, hope they all get back to looking their best ASAP
I was without my S197 for 3 months as a speeding driver nearly wrote her off
but when fixed was better than ever
get a good bodyshop and they can do wonders
:D

my2cents

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I got diminished value, about half of my damage estimate. I used an online company to do the claim

I would be interested as well. Got nailed by a lady in an SUV while I was stopped in traffic. Car is in the shop now but no estimate yet. I've already told the insurance company I will be filing for diminished value. Not even a year old and only 7500 miles. Figure I am going to order an 18 as soon the books open and trade in the 16.
Sponsored