Sponsored

Whipple Custom Tunes? Why Isn't This A Thing?

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
I know many of us are thrilled with our canned tunes, but how great would a custom email tune option be? I'm sure Whipple could make this happen (would be a cash cow.) I'd be thrilled even for limited changes, i.e. Injector/Fuel system, exhaust, TB changes, datalogging A/F, etc.

As a 5th gen owner (Boss 302) I've been stuck with a set of ARH long tubes/ORX, and ID100's that I cannot use unless I go custom tune. Even though there are excellent tuners out there I would prefer to keep everything Whipple.

I know they have a huge workload due to their successful products, but surely they could find competent tuners/assistants to handle the extra duties.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
I know many of us are thrilled with our canned tunes, but how great would a custom email tune option be? I'm sure Whipple could make this happen (would be a cash cow.) I'd be thrilled even for limited changes, i.e. Injector/Fuel system, exhaust, TB changes, datalogging A/F, etc.

As a 5th gen owner (Boss 302) I've been stuck with a set of ARH long tubes/ORX, and ID100's that I cannot use unless I go custom tune. Even though there are excellent tuners out there I would prefer to keep everything Whipple.

I know they have a huge workload due to their successful products, but surely they could find competent tuners/assistants to handle the extra duties.

Thoughts?
Lund or PBD.

Im sure whipple will chime in here, but why offer a custom tune when your in house tune works just fine? thats literally a paywall.

OP
OP
EgoBoost

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
VMP sells blowers and custom tunes. It's doable. My shop uses Ken @ PBD. That's who will tune mine.

powerBall68

s550 FTW
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Im assuming all their kits only offer Emissions only tune plus they have warranty on their Kits.

Sponsored

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Unlike many others, we have to follow emission laws and that limits us in this area otherwise we would. One thing is, our cal is far more advanced then some of our competition therefore it doesn't need custom tunes all the time. MFG's selling kits that require 3-5 updates to get your car right clearly don't have a proper handle on the calibration. While there is always a need for custom cals, at this point its not a proper fit. In the future, possibly depending on how the laws play out.

OP
OP
EgoBoost

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
I really appreciate the feedback. And your tune for my Boss was dead on, first shot. Just wish I could run my headers with it. Thanks for a great product nonetheless! Hopefully the new blower upgrade will work for my car, not that I need any more power, truth be told. Lol

ramirj2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium, 2003 350z, 1978 280z
You can use O2 foulers with the Whipple tune if your issue is just the check engine light.
Sponsored