Sponsored

NightParade's Magnetic GT track spec build***

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Very well played again.
I love the look of the cobra jet intake and was considering for my Hellion car but was not sure how it would work with the intake tube .

Also wanted the Corbeau seats after seeing yours but concerned head room with a helmet since they are fixed. How tall are you and any issues with a helmet ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
NightParade

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Love the CJ manifold, looks a nice clean set up. Well played. Any change in the exhaust note? I know that when I previously upgraded from stock to the GT350 intake and throttle body (this was before I went with a blower), I got a slightly deeper exhaust note.
It might be slightly deeper yep, but i can't tell to much i don't think.

Very well played again.
I love the look of the cobra jet intake and was considering for my Hellion car but was not sure how it would work with the intake tube .

Also wanted the Corbeau seats after seeing yours but concerned head room with a helmet since they are fixed. How tall are you and any issues with a helmet ?
Glad you picked some up, i know you will like them. They sit looow ;)
I was following behind my friend in his GT350 yesterday and he said he kept looking in his rear view and could only see my head peaking up over the dash lol. He's probably exaggerating some but with a helmet on there is plenty of headroom and im 6' myself.

OP
OP
NightParade

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
This past Friday i received my new steering wheel that i had ordered from LMR. This their new X550 line up and is very similar to the oem GT350 wheel but has more defined thumb grip area and ultra flat bottom. I also really like the perforated leather areas and seems like it might hold up better over time.

NPP_0666_zpsafotufiy.jpg

NPP_0668_zpshrsus9xh.jpg

NPP_0670_zpskkdze2zm.jpg

NPP_0672_zpsjeapxjof.jpg

I also decided to wrap my bezels while i had them off with a brushed black aluminum vinyl. Overall im super happy with the look of the new steering wheel and it feels great in the hand.

NPP_0752_zps1koqbblg.jpg

NPP_0758_zpsthp9mqa8.jpg

Saturday i decided to travel a couple of hours northwest to College station with a group of my other S550 buddies to do an open practice auto cross event thrown by the Texas A&M sports car club. We had a blast and i got to really try out the new wheel on the tight course and the seat time is always nice as well. We left a little early due to it being probably the hottest day of the year so far around 96 degrees and found a local BBQ spot to eat at before heading back to Houston. All in all not a bad way to spend some time on the memorial day weekend.

NPP_0686_zps9irzy65e.jpg

NPP_0682_zpsapyzaobh.jpg

NPP_0706_zpskkw8x9wm.jpg

NPP_0687_zpsbir46zit.jpg

NPP_0714_zpsq9ogt4y4.jpg

One of my friend's decided to take his daily out but left the pro-charged GT at home :)

NPP_0719_zpska9f37ry.jpg

Cobra Jet flex zone
NPP_0691_zpsu6vxkkkx.jpg

NPP_0736_zpsgx1aci0w.jpg

Andddd here is a little video of one of my quickest runs of the day, Thanks for looking!

[ame]

Last edited:

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Looks like it really hauls and you can point the car wherever it wants to go. That magnetic R with the forgelines is stunning also!

OP
OP
NightParade

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys wanted to share a post about my new wheels i received last Thursday. I ordered a set of Work emotion T7R direct from Work wheels Japan and my contact there was able to get them delivered about a week later.

I stayed with a squared setup and went a little wider as well with a 19x10.5 +32 offset. I mounted up the same tires i was running before, the Nexan sur4 275 35s, but had them flipped up front to place the slight camber wear sides on the outside of the new wheels. I should get about 5k miles left from these and then plan on either a set of 285 35 Bridgestone RE71 or maybe even 295 30 Toyo R888r but will see when its that time.

I wanted to change up the look of my car some and stay with a sporty light weight wheel that was strong. Although i really enjoyed my previous gram-lights i felt they got lost on the car from being a little dark and I've always wanted a set of bronze wheels and felt it would look really cool with the magnetic grey on the GT. Also the new wheels have thicker spokes and are the ultra deep concave faces from Work since they are the 10.5 wide. Please enjoy a few pics i snapped below after i got them mounted up and on the car.

NPP_0827_zpswiklcxij.jpg

NPP_0811_zpsamhifz6y.jpg

NPP_0808_zps0asxnra8.jpg

NPP_0802_zpsxn7nkg7u.jpg

NPP_0794_zpsi1kceeyk.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
NightParade

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Ecoboost
works are also the sex.. keep going with your mod train! I am onboard!

BTrill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT
Saw this build in person, completely love it!

OKC S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black PP GT
Not sure how I am just now seeing this. Awesome build man. Do you ever track it? I wiuld love to see this in person.

Sponsored
OP
OP
NightParade

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure how I am just now seeing this. Awesome build man. Do you ever track it? I wiuld love to see this in person.
Thanks i really appreciate it, I tracked my previous ecoboost but haven't really done any road racing yet in the GT but just a few autocross events but plan on doing a track day at MSR Houston July 8th. Looking forward to stretching its legs then.

OP
OP
NightParade

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
NightParade

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
So yeah where did the month of June go haha, it was here and gone faster than I can remember it. I have been pretty busy with my day job lately but managed to get a few things done on the S550.

First off I ordered and installed a front tow hook from ZL1 add ons. It's a beefy setup and I wanted to try and get it done before our next track day which is coming up this weekend on the 8th at MSR Houston. Just in case if by chance i were to go off course which fingers crossed doesn't happen i can have my trusty tow hook ready to get pulled back on. Although you can just install the receiver onto the front crash beam without removing the whole front bumper i went ahead and removed mine because with the way my splitter is attached to my lower chin spoiler its easier to take the whole thing off in one go.

Next I ordered a new pair of exhaust tips. I absolutely still love my full ARH exhaust but the small chrome tips it comes with are the only thing that left me want a bit more, so i searched near and far for some 2.5" inlet with 4.5"outlet tips that were rolled ,slant cut, and would be the right length. The search proved harder than i thought but I finally managed to find some tips by Pypes that i believe are actually made for a Camaro go figure. I opted for the black tips to stay stealthy and match the rest of my rear diffuser fins. I really like the way they look filling in the whole rear valence opening.

Last but not least as far as aesthetic mods go i installed a set of the new opt 7 sequential led turn signal markers. I really love these things. They are top notch quality and look killer on the car imo and not to mention the sweet sequential light movement and bright leds. Also to note these give you the factory single blink on the inside of the car and not the double blink caused by every other switchback type bulb without the right resistor.

Then i went to cars and coffee wirh the s550 fam this past weekend to hang out and post up

I decided I wanted to try out a light weight driveshaft even though i had heard some stories about vibration. My tires are pretty loud and cause a small amount of vibration and road noise already so i figured what the heck. So I ordered an aluminum driveshaft from Shaftmasters. A few reasons why i went with this specific driveshaft was one, it's the cheapest on the market at $699 shipped and also its a direct fit with out having to use separate couplers and adapter flanges that can make things heavier and more complicated to install. This is one of the lighter shafts out of the ones available as you can see below measured on my home scale showing 18.6lbs compared to the stock shaft at 32.8 which is around a 14lb difference in rotational mass weight savings.

First impressions are i can definitely feel a major difference just in acceleration and shifting has become more direct and firm also. Have not felt any vibration at normal speeds but maybe just a slight amount around 110mph although nothing to really be concerned with. Overall I'm very well pleased and with the excellent craftsmanship of the shaft and how the car feels more responsive.

Placed an order for a set of TSS oil pump gears and crank sprocket through Beefcakes current 4th of July sale, so please stay on the look out for a write up on the install of them soon, Thanks!

Last edited:

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Nice upgrades, I will install a Shaftmaster's in 5-6 months myself. Great progress in your build.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
So yeah where did the month of June go haha, it was here and gone faster than I can remember it. I have been pretty busy with my day job lately but managed to get a few things done on the S550.

First off I ordered and installed a front tow hook from ZL1 add ons. It's a beefy setup and I wanted to get it done before the next track day which is coming up this weekend on the 8th at MSR Houston just in case by chance i were to go off course which fingers crossed doesn't happen i can have my trusty tow hook yo get pulled back on. Although you can just install the reciever onto the front crash beam without removing the whole front bumper i went ahead and removed mine just because with my splitter attached to my lower chin spoiler its easier to take the whole thing off in one go.

Next I ordered a new pair of exhaust tips. I absolutely still love my ARH full exhaust but the small chrome tips it comes with are the only thing that left me a little less desirable so i searched near and far for some 2.5" inlet with 4.5"outlet tips that were rolled ,slant cut, and would be the right length. The search proved harder than i thought but I finally managed to find so pypes tips that i believe are actually made for a camaro hehe. I opted for the black tips to go along with the rest of my color scheme. I really like the way they look filling in the whole valence opening and tied in the rear end.

Last but not least as far as aesthetic mods go i installed a set of the new opt 7 sequential led turn signal markers. I really love these things. They are top notch quality and look killer on the car imo and not to mention the sweet sequential light movement and bright leds. Also to note these give you the factoey single blink on the inside of the car and not the double blink caused by every other switchback type bulb without the right resistor.

Then i went to cars and coffee wirh the s550 fam this past weekend to hang out and post up

I decided I wanted to try out a light weight driveshaft even though i had heard some stories about vibration. My tires are pretty loud and cause a small amount of vibration and road noise already so i figured what the heck. So I ordered an aluminum driveshaft from Shaftmasters. A few reasons why i went with this specific driveshaft was one, it's the cheapest on the market at $699 shipped and also its a direct fit with out having to use seperate couplers and adapter flanges that can make things heavier and more complicated to install. This is one of the lighter shafts out of the ones avalible as you can see below on my home scale showed 18.6lbs compared to the stock shaft at 32.8 which is around a 14lb difference in rotational mass weight savings.

First impressions are i can def feel a major difference in just the acceleration and shifting has become more direct and firm also. Have not felt any vibration at normal speeds but maybe just a slight amount around 110mph but nothing to really be concerned with. Overall im very pleased and happy with the excellent craftsmanship and feeling of the way it made the car feel.

I just placed an order for a set of TSS oil pump gears and crank sprocket through Beefcakes current sale, so please stay on the look out for a write up on the install of them soon, Thanks!
Can you give us further impressions with the new drive shaft? Notice any increase in MPG or vibration at normal driving speeds ?
Sponsored