Sponsored

Hood buffeting

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
The hoods are huge, heavy, and weak. Get use to the flutter. They won't come off.
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
The bottom half is steel. Do the magnet test. IMO, these hoods are not light weight ... seem heavy as hell to me when lifting it (no hood struts on my GT).
Saw this thread was bumped and it reminded me to reply, rather late... My hood is 100% aluminum. I have cut into sections of the under frame for one reason or another, and it is indeed all aluminum. I did the magnet test first to see what sort of post prep I would need to do to prevent corrosion.
I wonder if the PP cars have all aluminum hoods and the non-PP don't. The bottom half of mine is definitely steel as a magnet will stick to the underside.

My hood is rock solid to well into triple digits. I'm wondering if most guy who have hood flutter have a PP car.

hmperf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Holman Moody Mustang
Comes from riding crotch rockets over 150 mph looking thru turns
and down the highway for forest rats

Wait, how do you know if youre doing 150 if youre looking down the road?? :lol::lol:

RonStang6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Oxford White Auto
This is a easy fix. Buy yourself some foam bulb tape and apply it to the hood or headlight. It solves the problem and also helps keep bugs and dirt out of the engine compartment. IMO putting it on the hood side looks better, but both work.
What size foam bulb tape did you use? Do you have a link to a source?

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
I wonder if the PP cars have all aluminum hoods and the non-PP don't. The bottom half of mine is definitely steel as a magnet will stick to the underside.

My hood is rock solid to well into triple digits. I'm wondering if most guy who have hood flutter have a PP car.
They are the same hood. :doh:

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
They are the same hood. :doh:
I swear I did the "magnet test" when I got the car a couple years ago, and the bottom side was magnetic. Did the magnet test just now and both halves are aluminum. Plus I thought the reason the hoods get corrosion at the seams is because of the dissimilar metals ... guess not.

maddawg57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Premium PP GT
i adjusted the hood bumpers and added struts no shake or shimmy or what ever you wanna call it.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
What size foam bulb tape did you use? Do you have a link to a source?
Got mine from Autozone. About $20, enough for two cars. See photo in my post #54.
Sponsored