2018 TT or 2018 Whipple or 2017 TT or 2015 TT

thedalejrfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT K3985
2018 is all new kit due to DI injectors and hood line. Also we've developed a new supercharger for this that is pretty powerful.

11-17 kit has some new enhancements coming soon.
Hi Dustin,

I'm about to pull the trigger on my 3rd Whipple :clap2::clap2:, this time for my new '17. Are you saying I should wait... :shrug:
Sponsored

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
Suggestions?
Originally wanted a TT, but back in 2015, the stage 2 Whipple w OEM grade tuning seemed like the safest sure thing so thats what got bolted on.
Would still highly recommend Whipple, but am very interested in a TT.
Question is... how to get there?

Pull Whipple and sell it and just TT the 15?
Sell car and start from scratch?
Pull Whipple to sell and trade car in on 2018?

2018 direct injection with 12:1 compression should be a freakn monster to TT.
Whipple is already working on 2018, so must be a TT 18 in the works somewhere?

White 15 base Auto, PP brakes, 19x11 square (front fenders look stock but pushed out 1") 305 MPSS, 10qt GT350 pan and pump, MMR TG, TSS OPG, Whipple stage 2, Reische 170 tstat, 12k miles, needs nothing
Ask yourself why you want a twin turbo. Then ask yourself why you want a new car. If you don't have damn good reasons then keep what you have and continue the build. So many people forget how excited they were at each point of a build. Starting with ordering/purchasing the car, then each modification/achievement along the way. I promise you you will continue the cycle unless you remember how happy your car made you along the way.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
sigintel

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Thats the Whipple experience, just endless support.
Extremely generous on upgrades.
Id have no problem running one of their first 2018 SC.
Been thru this w the 2015 and any upgrades were extremely reasonable if not at outright cost or better.
Not kissing ass cause I want a 2018 Whipple, its just how professional they are.
If Whipple did turbos instead of SC, Id have turbos.

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thats the Whipple experience, just endless support.
Extremely generous on upgrades.
Id have no problem running one of their first 2018 SC.
Been thru this w the 2015 and any upgrades were extremely reasonable if not at outright cost or better.
Not kissing ass cause I want a 2018 Whipple, its just how professional they are.
If Whipple did turbos instead of SC, Id have turbos.
Well said and I completely agree :cheers:

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Man this thread is all to familiar to me. I had and wanted the same thing. felt the need to either sell my entire car complete and start over or sell the Whipple and go twins. The 18 being all new with the pcm will take the tuners at least the year to sort out and the 10 speed being I wanted the auto this time around. I couldn't be happier with my decision. I went in the same foot steps as JEMO I took everything off my 15 and factory ordered my 17 reinstalled it all and made a few changed on the way. Staying with Whipple was the best decision I made. I absolutely love my 17 auto and yes Whipple is very fair with their upgrades. The support from them has made it so easy for me.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Man this thread is all to familiar to me. I had and wanted the same thing. felt the need to either sell my entire car complete and start over or sell the Whipple and go twins. The 18 being all new with the pcm will take the tuners at least the year to sort out and the 10 speed being I wanted the auto this time around. I couldn't be happier with my decision. I went in the same foot steps as JEMO I took everything off my 15 and factory ordered my 17 reinstalled it all and made a few changed on the way. Staying with Whipple was the best decision I made. I absolutely love my 17 auto and yes Whipple is very fair with their upgrades. The support from them has made it so easy for me.
Best decision I made to. I mean, would I love to have an 18'? Yes, but I am more than satisfied with my 17' automatic and going auto was the right decision with my Whipple!!!! I plan on upgrading this as well once they are available. I can't wait to find out what's in store for us 15-17 guys

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
Best decision I made to. I mean, would I love to have an 18'? Yes, but I am more than satisfied with my 17' automatic and going auto was the right decision with my Whipple!!!! I plan on upgrading this as well once they are available. I can't wait to find out what's in store for us 15-17 guys
hmmmm more upgrades =)
Sponsored