Sponsored

Why are you buying a 2017 GT instead of waiting?

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
2017 Melbourne Australia

Gday from down under.

Glad I got my 2017 Vert.

We have a few additional issues.

6g is first official FORD supplied Right Hand Drive Mustang here - a handful were done in the sixties.

I would never have bought a private import with a potentially dangerous and expensive Right Hand Drive conversion.

I feared Ford may scrap the export program - and stop building RHD cars in USA.

Not sure if there is definite confirmation that the MY 18 is coming our way and I am also a Convertible fan.

After two years availability in Australia, Mustangs are starting to be discounted by dealers.

My GT vert with PP, prestige paint and Alloys is $70 000 AUD drive away -
$52 000 USD.

Also,
I waited 50 years. MY 2018 will be another eighteen months for us.
Love the retro front of the 2017.
My little shrine to 1968.
Not in love with the sleeker 2018 front.
Afraid of Magneride, digital dash, 10 speed transmission all together on a new car.

Plan to keep this forever. Waited for the new Lightning Blue. Dealer discounted it for me.
Driven carefully, doesn't do much worse than my Mazda MX5
Not a thing about Mustang I don't love.
Screen Shot 2017-05-23 at 2.41.18 pm.png
Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Future Sales RHD&LHD

Mercy, not counting paying off my 14 Cyclone. I was "out the door" for $ 30,000 on a new 2016 Coyote Red. Australian Shepard not included.
tn_20170423_163405.jpg

Sponsored

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
Gday from down under.

Glad I got my 2017 Vert.

We have a few additional issues.

6g is first official FORD supplied Right Hand Drive Mustang here - a handful were done in the sixties.

I would never have bought a private import with a potentially dangerous and expensive Right Hand Drive conversion.

I feared Ford may scrap the export program - and stop building RHD cars in USA.

Not sure if there is definite confirmation that the MY 18 is coming our way and I am also a Convertible fan.

After two years availability in Australia, Mustangs are starting to be discounted by dealers.

My GT vert with PP, prestige paint and Alloys is $70 000 AUD drive away -
$52 000 USD.

Also,
I waited 50 years. MY 2018 will be another eighteen months for us.
Love the retro front of the 2017.
My little shrine to 1968.
Not in love with the sleeker 2018 front.
Afraid of Magneride, digital dash, 10 speed transmission all together on a new car.

Plan to keep this forever. Waited for the new Lightning Blue. Dealer discounted it for me.
Driven carefully, doesn't do much worse than my Mazda MX5
Not a thing about Mustang I don't love.
Probably late here to take notice but: Here in the U.S. we cannot get the Performance Pack with the convertible(I don't think). I am not really a convertible guy but that's still pretty awesome. Your car looks great!

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Vintage Plate

That's funny to hear the 17 as "retro".
Guess my 14 is historic already :D
You can apply now. :cheers: :headbang: :thumbsup:

:ford:

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

abharwani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT Premium
I went for the '17 for a few reasons. Price is one of the main factors. I don't like the idea of having a new model without the potential bugs worked out. While I'm sure I would enjoy the interior more, the exterior hasn't grown on me yet. I also didn't want to wait that long and wanted to enjoy a new car this summer.

Sponsored

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
Major Points

I went for the '17 for a few reasons. Price is one of the main factors. I don't like the idea of having a new model without the potential bugs worked out. While I'm sure I would enjoy the interior more, the exterior hasn't grown on me yet. I also didn't want to wait that long and wanted to enjoy a new car this summer.
Hit on all of them. :thumbsup: :cheers:

:ford:

A7X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Black Silver Stripes
Dude......being from Toronto, you really should know better.

When driving on snow/ice, I shut all the electronic nannies off, they actually hurt you rather than help you in bad weather. Plus, you know it's all about a proper set of winter tires. All the electronic mumbo-jumbo is stupid, tires are what give you traction.

"Beast mode"????:lol::lol: C'mon man, these aren't difficult cars to drive normally. They behave like any normal vehicle.

Lastly, base cars have traction and stability control.
Hey NoVaGT

I actually don't know better - I haven't had a high powered car ever - except got a 67 Firebird that was a junker.

I figured the wet/snow mode would decrease throttle sensitivity but we will see when I get it in July (the wet part that is)

You may have something re the nannies. I got stuck with my Subaru a few years ago on a snowy narrow cottage road. Was part way into the ditch. Finally got out but it took a lot of maneuvering (I didn't have winter tires - stupid me) and in reverse only 2 wheels were spinning.

The Subaru sales guy told me I should have taken the traction control off and I would have gotten out much faster.

Anyhow I can't wait until I get the car and have a chance to discover what it can do - a 10 minute test drive doesn't give much time to play around with the control etc

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
Green Hellcat

You mean this one? Heck NO. But I bet it would be a hit at any Taco Bell, On the Border or Chillis. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't get me wrong I love the classic look of a Dodge Challenger but would never buy a green or purple one ever. Blue or Black, heck maybe a Red one.
hellcat.jpg
Sponsored