Sponsored

Performance Package 19" Tire Pressure?

AXO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt, Ruby Red Metallic, Premium, PP, 401a
I just purchased a 2016 Mustang GT Premium with the Performance Package. My wheels as you know are 19". I am going to assume my vehicle is on its second set of tires due they are Michelin A/S 3+ And not P Zeros.

My question is what are you guys running for tire pressure with the PP wheels. The door well sticker is stating 32lbs psi. This sound very low to me. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance, AXO :cheers:
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I just purchased a 2016 Mustang GT Premium with the Performance Package. My wheels as you know are 19". I am going to assume my vehicle is on its second set of tires due they are Michelin A/S 3+ And not P Zeros.

My question is what are you guys running for tire pressure with the PP wheels. The door well sticker is stating 32lbs psi. This sound very low to me. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance, AXO :cheers:
Why do you think it wouldn't be ?

OP
OP
AXO

AXO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt, Ruby Red Metallic, Premium, PP, 401a
I'm running 19's on my GTI and they call for 38lbs psi. They are definitely a lower profile tire though.

Eisman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang.... Duhhhh
30-32psi cold here.

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I'm running 19's on my GTI and they call for 38lbs psi. They are definitely a lower profile tire though.
VW must be crunching that MPG number with that high of pressure as well as handling.
I mean 32 on the mustang is pretty comfortable but if you want a more harder ride, run higher.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
My PP car was delivered with the tires at 42 PSI, and I bitched at the dealer about that. I run 34 PSI cold in my tires, since it's my DD, and I'm trying to eek out an extra 1/2 MPG.

But yeah, 32 PSI cold is right on the money. On a hot day, they'll pick up 5-6 PSI when driving.

JR

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Mine was delivered with 40 psi as well. In 2015 we had a discussion, seemed like they were all being delivered with the tires at 40 psi. I didn't know if they were still doing that or not. I use 32 psi cold for best comfort and performance. Since it's started to get warm out, mine were going up as high as 37 psi so I've backed them down to 31 psi cold.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty much all the new cars I've seen had their tires overinflated from the factory. I've heard all sorts of speculation why that might be, from secure tiedown procedure when shipping cars, to stopping the tires from developing a flat-spot from sitting too long on dealer lots. My dad once balked at buying a new Subaru because the 'ride was harsh'. Guess what those tires were over-inflated to... yup, 40psi. No wonder.

PP wheels and tires are 32 cold PSI recommended from the factory. Its in the manual, I believe. Dealers should really lower the pressure to 32 as part of the purchase/delivery inspection, but like nobody does that.

I try to run mine at 31 PSI because my first set (which I ran at 32) got bald in the middle slightly before the edges, but I won't fret if they're between 31-33 cold.

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Regardless of sidewall ratio etc, the door jam is accounting for the weight and handling of said vehicle. Unless you change it for reasons stated here by others, stick with the door jam and not the tire or another car's spec.
Sponsored