Sponsored

Project "Anna"

btp916

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP Premium
They are. Start to finish was fairly easy for install. I did not have the time to paint them myself, so a buddy did it for me. I did the rest of the install, though. It was a pretty self explanatory- pulled the rocker back and removed the bolts, along with the others on the top of the fenders and inside the wheel-well by the door. Quality and fitment was good and everything matches with the car beautifully. A shop should be able to install them for you pretty easily.

Hope that helps!
Who did you get them through?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
Little something arrived on Tuesday...

i-4LCdgNs-X3.jpg

Picked up the MMD side skirts for their side exhaust. Just the skirts, so the rest is on me. Going to add in some wireless electric cutouts and fab up a custom exhaust. Don't think I'll use any mufflers, just straight pipes for when I'm feeling obnoxious :D

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Changing things up a bit. After some time talking to BC Racing I finally pulled the trigger on a set of 2 piece wheels- the LE72. I wanted to get the most tire possible on the car, so I went with a 20x10.5 on the front and 20x11.5 on the rear. Fitment is very aggressive, but tuckable... which I love. Can't wait to get the tires mounted this week and see the new look.

i-T4mKcCp.jpg

i-J4MZc6W-X3.jpg

i-mVrG8S8-X3.jpg

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Tires will be mounted this week. Decided to "donate" the Michelins to my dad for his GT/CS and pick up some Toyo R888. Absolutely loved the Michelins, but I think the Toyos will give me just that little bit more than I'm looking for.
Pics coming soon

Sponsored

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Tires are mounted and the wheels are on! Before mounting the tires, I made sure to weigh the wheels. I was expecting 10.5" and 11.5" 2 piece wheels to be heavier than what they actually are. Fronts weighed in at 26 lbs and the rears at 27. Balancing was just as impressive- they barely needed any weight.

Also decided to compare the Toyos to the Michelins while I was at it. The 285 R888 is actually a hair wider than the 295 MPSS. Same for the rear 315s.

I really dig the setup. Just need to get some tire letters on there for some contrast and I think it's good to go :thumbsup:

i-SpXdpVJ-X3.jpg

i-DvmMCZN-X3.jpg

i-m8S6LFm-X3.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Jaime! I'm excited to get the letters on there and see it all finally together

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
Hey Marcus. I absolutely love everything you have done with your car. One of my favorites on this site. Having said that, I'm not sure about the new wheels. Very unique and great color combo for your car, and they may look different in person, but in the pictures it looks like the wheel is a 16" or 17" wheel because the black on the wheel fades into the tire and gets lost. Just my two cents....

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Hey Marcus. I absolutely love everything you have done with your car. One of my favorites on this site. Having said that, I'm not sure about the new wheels. Very unique and great color combo for your car, and they may look different in person, but in the pictures it looks like the wheel is a 16" or 17" wheel because the black on the wheel fades into the tire and gets lost. Just my two cents....
Thanks Chris- really appreciate that! I totally get what you mean; it's a lot of black. They do look much better in person and once I get the tire letters on there it will help to break it up a bit. I'm figuring something along the lines of this:

i-wkcfRXs-X2.jpg

Sponsored

jus10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R
Quick question. Did you stencil and paint the brembo logo back on the calipers or are they stickers?

Thanks and beautiful build btw!

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Quick question. Did you stencil and paint the brembo logo back on the calipers or are they stickers?

Thanks and beautiful build btw!
Thank you :cheers:

The Brembo logo is just a sticker. Got it from houseofgrafx.com- Has held up to the heat just fine.

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Finally, some better pics of everything. I absolutely love the new look (although it still needs tire letters), but I'll let you guys decide.

i-75Wtd3F-X3.jpg

i-tr33BWV-X3.jpg

i-RLcS8mh-X3.jpg

i-BwNLDSm-X3.jpg

i-CJQWfgJ-X3.jpg

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Holy crap... been sitting on these for a while and totally forgot to post up.

i-mWtx49p-X3.jpg

Don't plan on just installing them- I want to keep the sequential and my white 50th anniversary bezels. So I'll be doing some surgery soon...