Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks to [MENTION=21162]Caballus[/MENTION] trusting me with his OBD reader; i was able to turn on the Trans Temp Guage and turn off the enhance sound.
Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Thanks to [MENTION=21162]Caballus[/MENTION] trusting me with his OBD reader; i was able to turn on the Trans Temp Guage and turn off the enhance sound.
Congrats and no thanks needed. If I could do it, anyone can...

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Ill tey to mail it out tomorrow. If i cant get to the APO; itsbecause Ill be on a separate kaserne tomorrow.

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
No rush. Glad it worked out.

[MENTION=21162]Caballus[/MENTION] I mailed the OBD reader today. Sorry it took longer to mail than I thought. 4 day weekend and the APO only takes packages on Monday , Wednesday, and Fridays. So Wednesday was the first this week I could send it.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
[MENTION=21162]Caballus[/MENTION] I mailed the OBD reader today. Sorry it took longer to mail than I thought. 4 day weekend and the APO only takes packages on Monday , Wednesday, and Fridays. So Wednesday was the first this week I could send it.
No problem. Glad it worked. Free to use it again if/when needed.

REAZO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
I am taking the time to read through this entire thread, but only on page 15. Need to ask a question.

2016 with a tech pack. As the stock stereo sucks to bad, I have put in a few grand to get it sounding better. I commute so can't listen to the engine and exhaust all the time, right? Replaced the speakers and added a small amp and a "fix it" to clean up the stock stereo. We are all perplexed as to why Ford would pipe fake exhaust sound through the speakers of this car, as it has one of the best sounding exhausts out there.

I picked up my car yesterday and the stereo actually sounds pretty good now..... Until I pulled away and the car got "under load". The fake exhaust sound being piped into the speaker is UNBEARABLY loud. I mean completely laughable.

Has anyone upgraded the speakers or similar and then corrected it with the Forscan? I downloaded it today and ordered the OBD from amazon.

Many thanks for all the input from everyone on this thread.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
I am taking the time to read through this entire thread, but only on page 15. Need to ask a question.

2016 with a tech pack. As the stock stereo sucks to bad, I have put in a few grand to get it sounding better. I commute so can't listen to the engine and exhaust all the time, right? Replaced the speakers and added a small amp and a "fix it" to clean up the stock stereo. We are all perplexed as to why Ford would pipe fake exhaust sound through the speakers of this car, as it has one of the best sounding exhausts out there.

I picked up my car yesterday and the stereo actually sounds pretty good now..... Until I pulled away and the car got "under load". The fake exhaust sound being piped into the speaker is UNBEARABLY loud. I mean completely laughable.

Has anyone upgraded the speakers or similar and then corrected it with the Forscan? I downloaded it today and ordered the OBD from amazon.

Many thanks for all the input from everyone on this thread.
Oh no! Is the amp actually amplifying the fake sound, that is hilarious. :lol: I have not upgraded my stereo yet, plan to just add an amp and a Kicker Solo Sub. I have done the forscan thing, you can just turn the feature off with that, should fix the problem. And of course, do these while you are at it:
1. Eliminate the horn honk when you step out of your running car, that is the most annoying feature ever.
2. Turn on the Trans Temp Gauge.

Last edited:

kartguy898

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 / 2016 F150 FX4
Yes, turn off the engine sound and horn honk, turn on the trans temp gauge and if you wish, switch the startup screen (I went with the R startup splash screen).

Sponsored

REAZO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Oh no! Is the amp actually amplifying the fake sound, that is hilarious. :lol: I have not upgraded my stereo yet, plan to just add an amp and a Kicker Solo Sub. I have done the forscan thing, you can just turn the feature off with that, should fix the problem. And of course, do these while you are at it:
1. Eliminate the horn honk when you step out of your running car, that is the most annoying feature ever.
2. Turn on the Trans Temp Gauge.
Literally it is soooo bad I was crying and laughing at the same time. Between this piped in sound problems and the trans overheating, I have a love-hate relationship with this car. I love it sooo much but am sooo frustrated and Ford by messing it up with these two issues.

I should be able to receive the OBDII and start playing with it this weekend.

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
If you are reading through this thread you can tell it took a while to figure out what was going on with an "improved audio system". There are other threads here where people went through the same issues and the audio dealers were totally lost why their systems were so difficult to get working correctly.
Turning off the enhanced engine sound will change the audio response across the entire range. The OBD programing is easy and you will be happy with the results on your audio upgrade.

Leonard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Just a heads-up to anyone wanting to enable trans/diff temps on a tech pack car -- you may have issues using version 2.3.9.

I finally got around to using Forscan to enable trans/diff temperature on my GT350 last night. I was using the latest version of Forscan (2.3.9) and received an error ("service procedure has been interrupted") when writing to the IPC module was at 50%. Version 2.3.9 is very new (5/25/17) so I downgraded to 2.3.8 (3/24/17) and it wrote fine.

I'm going to be extending the diff temp harness tonight. I'm planning to take a few pictures of that as well -- if anyone has any particular picture they want, let me know and I'll try to take it.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Just a heads-up to anyone wanting to enable trans/diff temps on a tech pack car -- you may have issues using version 2.3.9.

I finally got around to using Forscan to enable trans/diff temperature on my GT350 last night. I was using the latest version of Forscan (2.3.9) and received an error ("service procedure has been interrupted") when writing to the IPC module was at 50%. Version 2.3.9 is very new (5/25/17) so I downgraded to 2.3.8 (3/24/17) and it wrote fine.

I'm going to be extending the diff temp harness tonight. I'm planning to take a few pictures of that as well -- if anyone has any particular picture they want, let me know and I'll try to take it.

[MENTION=22497]Leonard[/MENTION], thanks for the heads up on the Forscan issue. Looking forward to see how you're doing your diff temp mod :thumbsup:

VooDoo387R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R & 2020 GT500
Just waiting on Amazon to tweak the R. Thanks to all that made this possible, just finished reading 35 pages and I think I can do this in my sleep...lol
Sponsored