Sponsored

Received Carbon Dynamics wheel, but not the one I ordered. Many pics inside.

magnetic5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vadim
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
My CD wheel finally arrived yesterday after a long wait, naturally I was very excited to open up the box and get my hands on it. After removing the protective wrap I was disappointed to discover that it was the wrong one :( The mistake is not a huge one and something I can live with I suppose, still bummed that my exact wheel was made and sent to someone else who also got the wrong order.

I wanted the red centering stripe deleted on mine since I dont race and like the simple clean appearance. Looking at their FB page there was 1 wheel built this way which I assumed was mine, unfortunately its not the one I received.

Here is a pick for reference:

I sent an email to CD yesterday to see if we can figure this out but I am yet to get a response. Its going to be a long shot but if your on this forum and you got my wheel without the red stripe, and you would like to have one with a red strip then lets figure this out and trade. I wont be installing the wheel until Tuesday just in case something can be done. Otherwise I will just throw it on the car and call it good, I am very happy with the rest of it and cant wait to get it on the car.

The build quality is good and everything looks awesome. The wheel is much thicker then my GT350 wheel and just looks so much better. My cell phone camera dosent really do it justice but here are some pics anyways:

The lighting is making the leather look grayish/blue. Its the normal black leather color as it should be and you can kinda see that in the stitching pics further down.

Sponsored

kroy11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelby
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Manual GT
Sorry to see that, I absolutely love these wheels, hopefully you get the wheel you want!

Miglo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium w/ PP 401A NAV in DIB
CD really has to get their shit together! So much potential to be a great vendor with the products they make but they're are way too many issues!
Also, if anyone is looking at their 350 fenders or carbon stuff, I would recommend http://www.hcmcarbon.com
They're slightly cheaper, zero complaints and they actually have 3 year warranty on their stuff...

johnjohnson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wyles
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I had a similar experience. I just ordered the standard wheel without any special options, but received one that had blue stitching. I sent an email, but never got a response.

I wonder how much it would cost to get an upholstery shop to restitch it, since the blue doesn't really go with anything. I also don't really want to deal with the trouble of getting in contact with them only to have to send it back and start the waiting game again.

OP
OP
magnetic5oh

magnetic5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vadim
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I had a similar experience. I just ordered the standard wheel without any special options, but received one that had blue stitching. I sent an email, but never got a response.

I wonder how much it would cost to get an upholstery shop to restitch it, since the blue doesn't really go with anything. I also don't really want to deal with the trouble of getting in contact with them only to have to send it back and start the waiting game again.
You might be able to fix that with a black fabric pen, heres a link to some options

http://www.dharmatrading.com/markers/fabricmate-permanent-superfine-fabric-markers.html

I did finally hear back from CD earlier today but all they asked was if my wheel had red stitching, which it dose not. Seems like someone else is looking for their wheel, it appears they played wheel roulette and sent out a bunch of random wheels to people.

I went ahead and installed mine since the chance of actually getting the one I ordered is slim to none.

[/URL][/IMG]

Sponsored

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
I originally ordered leather but contacted them to change it to suede and they said they would. I ended up getting a wheel with leather, but the stitching was what I ordered (blue) so I kept it. I went to install it and the wiring harnesses was mounted backward. I pulled it out and re-ran it like my factory wheel. My buttons on the left are non functional now so I'm just pulling it off again and installing the wiring from my factory wheel, which now I won't be able to sell with complete wiring. It's been difficult, but it's totally worth it. The wheel is a damned work of art and elevates the experience of driving. Would definitely do it again.

OP
OP
magnetic5oh

magnetic5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vadim
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
That thing looks nice. My wedding ring would destroy that clear over the carbon though. Stupid marriage.
The wheel looks great
Thanks! It dose look good and feels pretty sweet, I am overall very happy with this mod.

I also wear a ring but on my right hand since Im not married. So far I have been careful to not scratch up the clear coat but I realize that eventually its going to be unavoidable :headbonk:

Sponsored
OP
OP
magnetic5oh

magnetic5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vadim
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I originally ordered leather but contacted them to change it to suede and they said they would. I ended up getting a wheel with leather, but the stitching was what I ordered (blue) so I kept it. I went to install it and the wiring harnesses was mounted backward. I pulled it out and re-ran it like my factory wheel. My buttons on the left are non functional now so I'm just pulling it off again and installing the wiring from my factory wheel, which now I won't be able to sell with complete wiring. It's been difficult, but it's totally worth it. The wheel is a damned work of art and elevates the experience of driving. Would definitely do it again.
I had to swap the wiring from my stock wheel anyways since mine is auto and has extra wires for paddle shifters. That sucks when you send off a perfectly functional wheel and receive one back that dosent quite work. Hopefully you will get yours straightened out, I do agree that its a sexy mod when its finally installed and working as it should.

Sixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
My wiring was fine when I installed mine. It is only held on by the plastic backing on the steering wheel so it pops right off and pops right in anyway. Wasn't too hard to do. Just make sure it is the correct orientation before installing it completely. Plugs are color coordinated so it should be simple to figure out. Make sure the wires aren't crimped anywhere also between the plastic and the actual wheel itself. May cause problems later maybe.

EddieGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2012 Challenger SRT8, 67 Fastback
CD really has to get their shit together! So much potential to be a great vendor with the products they make but they're are way too many issues!
Also, if anyone is looking at their 350 fenders or carbon stuff, I would recommend http://www.hcmcarbon.com
They're slightly cheaper, zero complaints and they actually have 3 year warranty on their stuff...
Their stuff online looks good. But I, along with many others, have been screwed over by their shop in Santee. Plenty of sh*t reviews online if you look for them. Ernie Sigala is not someone I would do business with again.

Miglo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium w/ PP 401A NAV in DIB
Their stuff online looks good. But I, along with many others, have been screwed over by their shop in Santee. Plenty of sh*t reviews online if you look for them. Ernie Sigala is not someone I would do business with again.
Thanks, I appreciate the heads up! It's stuff like this we need to share so the community can weed out the bad from the good!

-cheers
Sponsored